Main Menu

Are you losing high-end toons on your server?

Started by Nalitra, April 28, 2004, 06:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharaf

2-3 I'm leaving eq posts a week since just after GoD came out.

Lucky to get 60 people on a Time clearing day.

Yeah.  You could say people are leaving.

cougerofeq

Quote from: Mahes
Quote from: Ukator IcebloodRaid during the night Mahes and I'll join ya:)

hehe

Hehe.  If we raided any later, we'd start at midnight.  Of the three PoTime guilds, we start the latest, usually by 2-3 hours.  We're dominated by west coast peeps, and an older player-base(read: kids to put to bed) than most high end guilds.

In a way, I'm kind of happy that SOE put in 54 person limits on GoD raids.  It allows us to deal with the loss of players lately.  Personally, I'd prefer raid content geared towards 30ish people, but it's too far into EQ's life to go that route succesfully.  72 was too much though.  You get that many people at a raid in you are gonna have about a dozen sitting around and a good bit more not playing up to their potential.  The smaller raid sizes have really seperated the good players from the mediocre ones.

Anyway, this has happened the last few major expansions, not too mention every spring.  The only game that I see having the potential to really draw from EQ is WoW.  The rest of the Betas will come and go.

We used to get the numbers by 6pm eastern, then 9pm.  now its  10pm or eleven - which means late late raids for east coasters, and if you work you just cant do that every night.  Its getting really bad and was that way even before we got into POTime(a month ago).

I agree, the flags are killing us too.  My father has a 65 druid with 300+aa and no flags. He wants to join a guild but the flags are keeping him out. He will need all of them. He had leveled and AAed in POP with no flags just based on his levels. No hes bored and has no where to go :(

Hes 65 years old and not the most computer literate - but hes retired and plays alot and does a good job - hes just too far behind.

shenker

I'm one of the ones that have said goodbye. A lot of it was due to how bad test ended up becoming. Last time we were at quarm was in jan and it's not due to us not being able to get there. It was due to so many game stopping bugs/god beta that a lot of people including myself got fed up and said screw it. Of course WOW beta and COH helped them leave. I'm currently playing COH and loving it. No more 6 hour raids and grouping is a complete blast and does not even feel like grinding. Not saying I'll never be back but I would like it to be that way. Just don't know if I can completely drop the habit.
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Ghoat

I have not had the slightest want to log in since I left.  I asked a buddy how the guild was doing these days, he said other night on a saturday there were like 26 guild people on.  Used to be 60+   I understand that the guild we used to rotate Time with is all but gone now due to WoW beta.

Played for 5 years and loved it.  2-3 months of GoD made me walk away and never come back.  I guess to a degree, in that light, it makes me somewhat sad - just not sad enuff to care to play EQ again.  Lineage 2 is ok - it's not as fun as EQ was in the early days pre-RoK, but it's more fun than I was having plucking my eyeballs out with a spoon (aka raiding GoD)

Mbaa!

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

JillieMT

DEFINITELY not unexpected. AL leaving has been a long time coming I think...
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Tastian

Ukator Iceblood

Looks like Arch Overseers just beat Uqua (TR killed boss but script was messed up yesterday), so maybe this will help those high end guilds out. Knowing that its actually beatable finally.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony