Main Menu

AC soft cap for bst?

Started by Razimir, May 05, 2004, 11:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerjynPovar

Uhhh...wow.

Do you not believe in physics because no god has come down to tell you in person that that's how it works?
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Tastian

Here's the thing dak.  I don't care if you are impressed, I don't care what you believe, all I care about is what you tell other people.  Play your char how you want and have fun with it.  However, you have been on a wrong information spree the past few days and I'm totally lost atm.

Coprolith

QuoteIf Sony says so, then I'll beleave it.

Then it will interest you to know that Absor himself at one time admitted that AGI doesnt have much effect.
Do you also believe that CHA is an important stat for paladins? It says so, right on the character creation screen, so it must be true then.

The salespitch description that SOE gave out on the effects of stats, which was subsequently copied by every major EQ website, is meaningless. The combat engine of EQ is governed by mathematical formulas, and from hard numbers you can derive what these formulas are. No amount of belief in stats or press releases are worth a damn.
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Dakat

Yeah I might be wrong about some things every now and then.  I get agitated when proven wrong. That's just me.  

Oh and to the other guy.  Yeah cha is important to a paladin if he/she is a puller.  As you should know cha affects the agro gained from a mob if your pacify is resisted.  The higher your cha the less likely your resisted pacify will bring that mob.

Coprolith

QuoteAs you should know cha affects the agro gained from a mob if your pacify is resisted. The higher your cha the less likely your resisted pacify will bring that mob.

And as you should know pacify works only on mobs up to L55. The only places where the Paladin lull line works is where you dont need it in the first place. The one bad pull per year difference makes CHA real important for a paladin.
Elder Coprolith III

Aldur

It makes a difference if the paladin gets Divine intervention though cop :>

Coprolith

Very true, which is why warriors value CHA over AGI these days, since they get DI'ed far more frequently then pallies.
Elder Coprolith III

Goretzu

QuoteAlso, you can't compare a parce of a monk with a beast. Monks were overpowering a while back and were nerfed quite a bit.

If you genuinely believe THAT then:

1. you've obviously never played a monk.

2. you must think that Beastlord's are about to get mauled with the nerf stick big time (given BL's current relative power - if monks were 'overpowering' back then BL's now are boarding on exploitative).

3. I have a bridge to sell you. :)

Believe me currently BL's are way, WAY more powerful then pre-mitigation nerf monks (never mind post-mitigation nerf) EVER were, solo-wise, grouping-wise OR utility-wise.

(Note: I'm NOT advoacting a BL nerf or anything, why would I, I love the class and think BL's are about the most BALANCED class there is, however the nonsense spouted about pre-nerf monks is rediculous, especially frankly when it comes from a BL which can do anything and so much more than a pre-mitigation nerf monk ever could.)

TerjynPovar

Believe me currently BL's are way, WAY more powerful then pre-mitigation nerf monks (never mind post-mitigation nerf) EVER were, solo-wise, grouping-wise OR utility-wise.
This is flat bull spread by extremely bitter monks.

Beastlords are dead middle of the pack in both DPS and tanking (Steel Warrior recently did tons of parsing that show that Beastlords beat only Priests and Int casters for tanking), and have no crowd control whatsoever.

Compare that to monks at the time who were comparable to every other DPS class for damage, and tanked amazingly well.  Hell, monks still tank way better than Beastlords, and that's after as big a nerf as it was.

The rest is in the imagination, as you are comparing Level 65 Beastlords with today's gear vs. level 60 monks in the gear of the day and saying BSTs today are stronger.  Well, yeah.  So is every other classes...5 levels and multiple expansions of gear will do that.

Goretzu

Again I guess you've never actually played one.

I've played both, I've no illusions.

Monk's were never 'overpowered', they just had certain soft cap issue with uber gear.

Really BL>>>Monk in every way (this would be WHY there are now 1,000,000 BL's per server and 3 monks :)).

The only place a monk catches up is once time equiped.

Coprolith

Time to move this thread to the rants section, crazy disgruntled monk on the loose.
Elder Coprolith III

Dummkopf

I guess Coprolith is right.

Oh, and dont feed the troll.

TerjynPovar

Yep.  Reminds me of Schezar.  Got to love misinformation spread as fact to make your case stronger.

Here's a hint Goretzu:  I have a Monk, I do know what I'm talking about.

By the way Goretzu, no where did I say the Monk nerf was justified.  That still doesn't mean I agree BLs are better now relatively than monks were then relatively.

Your example is fun and all but typically guilds have 2-3x as many monks as Beastlords.

Lastly, if you are going to argue, *ARGUE*.  Nuh-uh has never been a valid argument past the age of about 8.

Noxdowne Draggout

It is funny that Absor said that AGI means nothing considering every EP item for a Beastlord has AGI on it and those items were created AFTER he made the statement.

Seems kind of funny that they made the effort to get our AGI stat capped and it has no effect.

Um yeah okay.

People can believe whatever they want and quote parsings until they are blue in the face.

If Sony believed that AGI meant nothing then why did they put it on our EP gear then? Remember they ackowledged that it was useless well before they created the armor.

Does that make sense?

Good thing we aren't talking about the real world here lol.

Nox

Dummkopf

Just for info, time equipment didnt had AGI on it after release and quite some time later. That got changed because some players wanted to max all stats and whined about the loss of AGI on this type of equipment. Now it is very easy to max AGI again, just because enough whined (which shows that whining helps, yet again).