Main Menu

AC soft cap for bst?

Started by Razimir, May 05, 2004, 11:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goretzu

Quote from: CoprolithTime to move this thread to the rants section, crazy disgruntled monk on the loose.

Hmm... so it's ok to post nonsense agbout monks, just not to refute it?

What EXACTLY did I say that was 'crazy'?

I'm kinda interested to know.

Quote from: DummkopfI guess Coprolith is right.

Oh, and dont feed the troll.

Lol ok now I'm 'crazy' AND a 'troll'

Yet NO ONE has actually refuted what I said in an empirical way.

My this is SUCH a freindly place, I think I can see why the OTHER board is regaining it's popularity.

Goretzu

Quote from: TerjynPovarYep.  Reminds me of Schezar.  Got to love misinformation spread as fact to make your case stronger.

Now the IRONY in THAT statement you could build a BATTLESHIP with. :) :) :)

Exactly WHAT 'misinformation' have I spread.

Tell me ONE thing that I've said that is WRONG.

Please.

QuoteHere's a hint Goretzu:  I have a Monk, I do know what I'm talking about.

Yet you think a monk can:

Solo better than a BL?
Can get a group more easily that a BL?
Has more utility than a BL?
Is more balanced than a BL?

As I said there's a REASON the BL population has soared and the Monk population has plummeted.

I simply don't understand the EXTREME HOSTILITY I'm getting over the issue here.

QuoteBy the way Goretzu, no where did I say the Monk nerf was justified.  That still doesn't mean I agree BLs are better now relatively than monks were then relatively.

Again WHAT can a monk solo that a BL cannot?
A Uber twinked monk solo's like a normally equiped BL from L1-50.
From 50-60 a monks solo power NOSEDIVES, a BL's remains strong.
Post 60 it's pretty much impossible to solo a monk in a viable manner, the same cannot be said for a BL.

So solo BL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Monk.

Grouping, in your group and you had the choice of a BL or a Monk would you EVER take the monk over a BL (unless it was in on of the 1% of situation where monk FD pulling is actully better than other class pulling these days)?
Exactly you wouldn't.

If you already had a monk and a BL in the group and one slot free and there was a choice of Monk or BL what would you pick?

Exactly again BL all the way.

What about a group of all monks (and one healer) and all BL's (and one healer), which is going to be more effective?
Right again. :) BL!

So grouping BL>>>>>Monks.

Even in Raiding most of the pulls can be done without a monk if needed, in fact I know of a couple of guilds that have lost their monks and haven't bothered to replace them.

But usually they'll want 1 or 2 monks.
But then they'll want 1 or 2 BL's as well.

So Raiding Monks=BL's.

But in GENERAL BL's>>>Monks these days.

QuoteYour example is fun and all but typically guilds have 2-3x as many monks as Beastlords.

Well I know of several that have lost all their monks and have NEVER bothered to replace them and have got along fine without them.

Also many monks were playing there toon for 4 years before the mitigation nerf and PoP issues of 18 months ago and many are loath to give up a toon they care so much about and have put so much time into.

However if you look on the newer post-mitigation nerf servers monks are a rare breed indeed.

BL's on the other hand are one of the most populous classes on ALL servers.

BL's are balance monks are not.

QuoteLastly, if you are going to argue, *ARGUE*.  Nuh-uh has never been a valid argument past the age of about 8.

What this post good enough for you?

I look forward to seeing your counter argument as to how monks are SO much BETTER and so much more WANTED than BL's at soloing, grouping and raiding....

Also I'll leave you with this thought:

Why is it that on the SoE balance boards BL have a few issues, basically weapon caps, pet shrink and a couple of AA issues.
Monk have at least 10 core game mechnic issues that need to be fixed in their favour.

Just go look at THOSE board and you'll soon see the difference between a balanced class and a non-balanced one.

And as I said I look forward to YOUR thoughts on how Monks are better than BL's in the current game. :)

Lorathir

Dunno what all the fuss is about. Everquest is dead, everyones playing Twister again. Keep up guys, sheesh.

Lorathir

Better back up my statement.

I have proved, over a three month period, like, ages ago now, people are cancelling there accounts by the dozen in favor of Twister. It's telling that guild's such as AL, Triton and FoH have publicly stated their allegiance for this game.

Quote from: FurorHAY GUYS, HASBRO PWNS. OH BY THE WAY, EVERYONE LOOKS LIKE A WOMANS DIRTY BIT

Quote from: ThottMonks and Bst's have been broken for too long. Follow me, minions, to the land of light limb injury

It's kind of telling that if these two, who have played EQ since beta, and were at the forefront of the bug testing scene have quit.

There's Twister guilds popping up everywhere. Hasbro have been holding "Best of the Best" tournaments for ages. The EverQuest gaming community are only now waking up to this fact. TM's (Twister Masters) are hand picked by Hasbro for their skill and aptitude at this game. Regular staff training in abrasions, sprains and mat burns ensure the safety of the casual player, and more hardcore end game equipped guild's are looked after.

There are competitions where the winner wins First aid kits and bandages. Magelo have set up 'Player Profiles' that detail items worn by fans. Sweatbands, sensible pants and respirators are common place, and Allakazam have a searchable database detailing the more common loot, rated by "stretchosity" and "durability". Look at what one of the scenes upcoming stars has probably said -

Quote from: LorathirHAHA, CHECK ME STYLEZ DOT ORG, AHL FUGGIN PWN JOO PUNKS, NA SPIN DAT WHEEL FAT ARSE

So why are we arguing here. There's a Twister Lan party near you somewhere. Quit the tribe, join the clan.

Coprolith

hahaha that was funny Lorathir.

But I've heard there's a big nerf happening to Twister soon. Some women apparently have been complaining that men with their lack of breasts and differently shaped pelvis have an unfair advantage, and are demanding that all men have to wear 2 sacks of sand on their torso and two bricks in their pants pockets.

Well i say, Nerf wimmin! Distracting me with their wily ways during gameplay, make em wear Anoraks or ankle length wooly vests and ski hats.
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Jaeren

This thread *IS* just feeding a troll in my opinion.

To me, it looks like a monk is here just trying to stir up trouble. People have opinions, they differ. People can makeup or twist information to suit their own agendas.

If you want to play a monk, fine, play a monk. If you want to play a beastlord, fine. Play both? Sure.

Try and get one of them nerfed because in your own words "BL's are balance monks are not." /boggle

Becaue we're balanced, we need to be nerfed and share in the unbalanced part of EQ? Most of us have played other classes and moved to the beastlord, so we've done our time being an unbalanced class and are happy now.

Guess it's a case that if one class if happy, the rest of them have to bash on them and get them nerfed so they can share in the grumbling and angry mob?

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Lorathir

mmmm, ski hats /drool !!!

Yes, I'll have to agree with you there Cop. Eddie "Lithe" Laroo, 57 (twice world champion, once inter state finalist and member of the "Bent Elbow All Stars") told me there's trouble brewing at the Twister Diet Camp, precisely for the reasons you've stated.

Right now, the Twister community is in *slight* disarray. Constantly challenged by the Monopoly faithfull, we have seen trouble spill over to our respective online boards.

Quote from: Go_To_JailIf I ever see anyone of you Twister fags in my hood, joo gonna git a kickin, no sh*t

And this bit of spittle shooting prattle from the "Buckaroo" boards -

Quote from: Real_men_use_a_bucketI swear, If anyone of my friends said "Let's have a Twister party Dave", I'll kick his arse so hard he'll think I shoved my plastic donkey up it

However, we're sure we will endure. Hasbro has some exciting expansions planned -

"Twister - Time to PWN." It's basically a PvP version of the game we all know and love. Combatants, as well as positioning themselves into posistions a sexual athelete would be proud of, can now take swings at each other.

"Twister - WTF OMG." Hasbro has painted all the spots out. It's a free for all grope fest.

"Twister - OOWch" Hasbro has raised the amount of spots on the mat! New Lore - "There's a dragon that's decided to make an army for no plausible reason. Only YOU can stop him, as long as you bring 70 other people. The only way of doing this is to play Twister. Doing so will save the world. Again. For, oh, say, 6 months." (Ages 7-10 on that one)

The future's bright. The future's Twister!

Coprolith

Quote"Twister - OOWch" Hasbro has raised the amount of spots on the mat!

Bah, yet another expansion aimed at the elitist uber twisters. Well I for one im not buying it, it has little to nothing to offer for the casual twister. Im having enough trouble preventing crotch rupture as it is.

And why oh why haven't they fixed left-handed twisting on the northern hemisphere yet? We've been asking for this fix for months now.

HASBRO CS SUXXORZ!
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Goretzu

Quote from: JaerenThis thread *IS* just feeding a troll in my opinion.

To me, it looks like a monk is here just trying to stir up trouble. People have opinions, they differ. People can makeup or twist information to suit their own agendas.

If you want to play a monk, fine, play a monk. If you want to play a beastlord, fine. Play both? Sure.

Try and get one of them nerfed because in your own words "BL's are balance monks are not." /boggle
Becaue we're balanced, we need to be nerfed and share in the unbalanced part of EQ? Most of us have played other classes and moved to the beastlord, so we've done our time being an unbalanced class and are happy now.

Guess it's a case that if one class if happy, the rest of them have to bash on them and get them nerfed so they can share in the grumbling and angry mob?

Now you see IMO THAT is trolling (and from a mod no less :().

1. I play a BL as a main and have NO interest in seeing them nerfed (especially maulled in the way monks were).

2. I NEVER said Beastlord's should be nerfed (please READ what I actually SAID).  

I only said that IF he thought pre-mitigation nerf monks were 'overpowered' then he must live in fear of the nerf bat as comparatively (to pre-nerf monks) BL's are almost exploitative.
I then got jumped on and called 'crazy' and a 'Troll' (which I'm not I'm an Ogre :)).

BL's are balanced.
Monks are not.

I'd say that means monks need some buffing, but for some reason the RAMPANT PARANOIA around here seems to think that means BL's should be nerfed.  :shock:

I would have thought people that PLAYED BL's from the start would understand what it IS to play a class with genuine issues, but I guess not, or they have forgotten.

If you think otherwise, please go start up a monk and experience their current 'uberness'. :)

Jaeren

Edit: Bah, after checking that "other" beastlord place, I find that Goretzu likes beating dead horses and can find theads of him arguing this all the way back to Nov there. You seem to just want to stir up trouble, this thread is going no where.

Edit2: Thanks for the flame in my inbox Goretzu, really appreciated it. You want to continue to bitch and whine about this topic which you have done so since Nov 2003 on the old board, fine. You say I was childish to lock the topic, you've lost respect blah, blah, blah. I'm a moderator, my job is to keep track of threads, this one was going nowhere. The topic is now unlocked, ramble on and BS your way to whatever point, if there is one.

Besides Goretzu, most of the thread wasn't dealing with you, don't feel so important to think this was all about you ;)

Warning to everyone else: Don't feed the trolls, just makes them more hungry and produce more bullshit

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Goretzu

Well I'm sorry if you took it as a flame it was just my opinion.

As I said I never said I thought BL's needed to be nerfed, although everyone seems to read it as I did.  :?

I said it was IMO childish to personally attack me then lock it.

But you were a big enough person to unlock it so, fair enough, thank you (and you have my respect for that).

I still don't understand exactly WHY I've been castigated for simply pointing out the truth (IMO) that monks are lacking, but as I seem to be the ONLY one that thinks so I guess I'll just let it be. :)

Urim

This is some crazy fun with fonts!
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Lorathir