Main Menu

OT at 45

Started by Wendace, May 12, 2004, 06:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendace

Ok,

after killing many many basilisks in JPF, I have been looking for a good place to solo.

At lunch today, I log in and set timer to 35 minutes and decide to grind a little, I camped in OT last night so I thought I wouold give it a try.

35 minutes and 20% XP  later the timer goes off :shock: . Awesome XP for that amount of time.

I have KEI and spiritual light going and other self buffs. Pull with slow, send pet, envenom, and then melee to death. Could fight three times then bind to 70% and heal to 90%+ and repeat.

99% of sarnak knights were DB
10% of berserkers were DB
99% of stonegazers were DB
10% of rhino were DB
90% of spiked suc's were DB.

Focus on the DB's and XP is very nice, I plan on grinding out 45 then on to the planes.

Hope this helps someone. :D

EDIT: Played till KEI ran out following the same pattern, 50% through 46 as of logging off last night. At 46 almost everything is light blue Except Knights, stonegazers, and spiked. Lotsa running around searching for DB.

I am gonna finish out 46 and then move to the planes, Luck to you all
Wendace Stormbringer
Barbarian beastlord
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993734

Rabith

I too found a good place to hunt in the OT, but not wandering sarnaks or rhinos, etc. Found myself over by the Arcutt brothers, who give out Iksar Warrior armor quests and guard the entrance to the canyon down to Charasis (Howling Stones, ya know). Well, out of curiousity, I conned the Scorpikis just down in the canyon. Dark blue! Hmmmm, what the heck, being Iksar they already hate my scaly butt, so let's see how quick I can smash these ugly half-breed bugs.

Well, a short time later I have decided these guys are fun, they hit like pansies, have low hitpoints, and spawn pretty fast. Seen and killed scorpikis scrounger maybe 5 times, gotten over a stack of venom for rogue poison, and somewhat decent plat. Plus, they make that squishy bug sound when ya smack em around ;) Just be sure to let the mutt take the Harm Touch when you pull them, and watch for Fear, they do get it off occasionally.

Also, any ogres/Trolls on Venril Sathir (OT) faction may want to keep to the wandering mobs instead, as the faction hits are - Venril Sathir, just like hunting in Kaesora or Charasis.

Forgot to mention, i came here at 1/4 into 44, left maybe 2 or 3 hours later 1 yellow into 45. I did not have any KEi at the time either, just mowed them down in short order, only had a scare one time, and had to run up to top of the canyon ramp, where i could bind wounds and summon my pet again, never actually had to zone. Just watch those repops, 2 HTs at the same time, when you're not expecting even one, can be a bit unnerving , heh :lol:
Rabith Dreadhunter - Patriarch of Cabilis
Korrath Fearsthrall - Reaver of Greenmist

.....and other assorted characters on Prexus

Alerka

I though the scorpion guys were on cabilis faction actually.

Taiglin

If you hunt here don't forget to collect war braids from the berzerkers for the gate hammer (look in quest section of the boards).

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]