Main Menu

30 - 38 Hunting Guide

Started by Hereki, January 03, 2004, 02:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereki

Most people will probably end up in Dawnshroud for most of this.

At 30, take the 3 spawn of shroom outside the Sanctus Seru entrance.  If you are waiting for respawn, pull small zelniaks or lightcrawlers.  Make sure you tank as much as possible to keep skills up, and use bind wound if you can.

At 34, move to the centre area, inside the ring of hills, and kill normal zelniaks.  Large zelniaks are less efficient to kill.

Wolves won't aggro on you normally; only named wolves will, so watch out for them.

Alternatives include:

South Karana gnolls at the Splitpaw spires;
Dreadlands yeti caves;
Golras in Timorous Deep, and lots more.

Zorthar

Nice exp here, fast kills, mobs are weak I can kill em fast enough that its hard to find em sometimes

sinhuit

I had my butt creamed by one of those mushrooms.    It was an even con the kept rooting me and healing itself .   Up until that point everything was fine .

Hereki

Higher level caster shrooms are rare spawns in most rings, and I have never seen them in the shroom house.

However, the shroom ring just past the hopper cave usually has one of these, which spawns from a trap (or is invis, probably the former).  Plus one or 2 SK shroom spawn with it.  Don't hunt this ring!

katahn

I did 30-40 in Crystal Caverns in the 4-spawn terror room with the broken bridge.  Then again, when I levelled on Stromm is was being used as an xp, not farming, zone, which meant a couple of 2-3 hour sessions in a group exterminating orcs meant I could sell to the dwarves in Froststone, and there was also a bank there.  Downside is no soulbinder, and the zone is not bindable for anyone, caster or no.

I'll probably head to Gunthak beach at 30 with the new pet, pulling singles isn't too hard, and there are some fairly safe spots to sit and recover.  Starting at 39 with the new pet, crawling the tunnels becomes an option as well.  Cash isn't amazing, but the experience is decent, and although its a bit of a run, its something one can do while LFG fairly easily.  Soulbinder, vendor, and bank all in-zone in Gunthak, meaning a trip to the bazaar to buy some pet-weapons, haste items, and even armor if you can find or donate for it, become a lot more practical.
Zarros Livinglight, 65 high elven arcon
Zanros Farwanderer, 65 iksar feral lord
-= Saryrn Server, Avante Guarde guild =-