Main Menu

Why do

Started by Bulge, May 13, 2004, 12:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulge

people keep answering to Rippertiger's posts as if he were  NOT an extremely annoying spammer????  

No less then 11 threads on the front page are off his hand, practically all of them with trivial questions or just spammy one-sentence remarks.

I find it annoying as hell.
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Tastian

Hehe I joked with a couple people in PM's that he single handedly doubled the amount of polls on the board in two days.  Most of it is silly and poorly worded hard to understand stuff that doesn't really seem to get at anything, but I don't read the boards just to answer people I like or who speak a certain way or whatever else.  Hopefully he'll read some old threads and change his style a bit, but *shrugs*.

mac173

From reading his posts, he is in the 10th grade, and the ppl in his school don't play EQ. His style annoys me as well, but is exactly what I see on IM's and board messages my HS age daughter sends. It is just an age thing.
I'm actually glad to see someone under the age of 30 playing and taking part in the community. I could use some punctuation to make the posts easier to read, but it isn't the worst thing I have to deal with by a long shot.
I'm sure that if it gets out of hand, the mods will take care of it.

Bheran

Shouldn't kids in the 10th grade be able to use punctuation occasionally?
Bheran Feralblood & Dernit
Wildcaller and the best damn dog on Inny
Innoruuk server

Hanlaana

I think he's funny. He's so enthusiastic, he makes me smile. But that could just be my warped sense of humor.  :lol:
Hanlaana Winterbourne
Beastlady of FV

mac173

Yes they should, but Instant Message has gotten ppl used to not  bothering with grammer, spelling, punctuation, etc.
My FATHER (72 years old) has asked me why I punctuate and such in e-mail.
It's out of hand, but virtually uncontrollable.

Bheran

I guess it's true to an extent... I've got a 13 year old brother (I'm 30 - my poor dad) who doesn't use punctuation in his internet dealings either and I jump all over him alot, but I was really hoping it was just my brother and not a widespread problem.
Bheran Feralblood & Dernit
Wildcaller and the best damn dog on Inny
Innoruuk server

Tastian

It's an extremely wide spread problem that most don't even realize.  I try very hard to tailor my typing style to what I'm doing and keep to "well this is what I'd sound like if I were saying it" technique.  Doesn't always work out the best, but seems to get the message across.  I get e-mails from some people that are literally 100+ lines down with no commas, periods, paragraphs, etc.

Hrann

As I said in another thread, I think he is funny.

Argach

Meh, I'd love an ignore button.

JillieMT

I have NO idea what the big deal is. You can always see who originated a thread. See his name there? DON'T READ IT!

No ignore button? That is just LAZY! Take it upon yourself to ignore anyone you wish. If you see the name, DON'T READ IT!

Sheesh!

:D
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Bulge

I understand it's hard to suppress motherly feelings, JillieMT.

And I can't ignore the fact that I see this:

Rippertiger
Rippertiger
Rippertiger
Someone else
Rippertiger
Rippertiger
Someone else
Someon else
Rippertiger
Rippertiger
Rippertiger
Rippertiger

when I open the Index of one of  my favourite forums. If you can not understand that some people find this annoying then I'm sorry.
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Lorathir

I find his enthusiasm for the game, as someone has already pointed out, shines through his posts. Yeah, he tends to spam a little, but he's new here. Pretty soon he'll settle down to regular 'forum life.'

He's shown he's not above poking fun at himself, and when he's had it poked at him, he rolls with the joke and joins in. I find his happy go lucky attitude refreshing. He mentioned in another post he wasn't liked by the other kids in his school. I think a little leniancy for him here would not be too much to ask.

Kashmiir Battlekat

Rippertiger has been banned.
IP's banned also.

All posts deleted.

Coprolith

May i ask why was he was banned? Did he ignore warnings? It would be a little cruel to ban him right away just for posting questions, silly as they were. I didn't really mind his youthful enthusiasm (not that that kept me from taking potshots at his punctuation)

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)