Main Menu

Why do

Started by Bulge, May 13, 2004, 12:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kashmiir Battlekat

/Hard Ass Hat *ON*

I dont take kindly to spamming my board by 85 year olds or 10 year olds.

He can go to the other board and amuse them.

/Hard Ass Hat *OFF*

PS: I fight internet abuse as part of my job in real life if that sheds any light on my feelings on spamming :)

Oneiromancer

:shock:

The kid annoyed the hell out of me, but I am really surprised he got banned.  Honestly, I would have expected for him to have gotten a warning first before this drastic measure was taken.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Coprolith

But did you warn him before banning him? Because i don't take kindly to people who'd stomp on a little kid just for being over-enthusiastic about a game.
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Skrunch

:lol:

You guys obviously don't know Kash.

Stop by //www.veeshanvault.org and say hello.  Make friends with Sweetkastings while you are there.

Kashmiir Battlekat

Quote from: Kashmiir Battlekat
10. We reserve our right to ban/suspend you without warning.

Under Rules and Regulations forum.

Coprolith

I take that as a 'no', you didn't warn him.

Just because you 'reserve' the right to ban someone without warning doesn't make it right to hurt a little kid's feelings. Warning him to tone it down was the least you could've done. There was no malicious content in his posts, they were merely irritating to some people (and a minority at that judging by the posts in this thread). I know the Internet can draw the blood from under your fingernails with it many spammers but i think this was too harsh. A little moderation in moderation is a good thing.
Elder Coprolith III

Atropine_BB

I kinda liked the rippertiger...

His posts were funny, if not a bit overzealous.  Some were definitely annoying, but if he is a kid, a bit of leeway was in order.

Also, he gave me something new to look and and think about every 30 mins or so at work.  :lol:
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

DontPetBear

Have to say i kinda like Ripper myself.  Was fun to look at some of his posts.  I figured he'd be told to hold it down a little (was getting a little excessive), but banning does seem a bit harsh.

I know this is a pretty stable board with almost all at 65, but there seems to be a few new Bst's working there way up.  I happen to be one of them.  I enjoy seeing someone post new stuff that isn't about the end game.

/shrug dunno, it is your board, so your decision to make.  I think if you talk with him and maybe explain things a little, he'll hopefully slow posting down.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Urim

I found his posts annoying as hell. Almost no point to 95% of them, just rambling that really made no sense and was just a pain to look at considering the lack of punctuation. Plus also seeing his name generating 10 of the top 13 posts with the babble or useless polls didn't add much to the board.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Kashmiir Battlekat

Fear not, I am speaking with him on this subject.

My hand can be heavy at first, but I soften up.

Im not a monster... just a Beast --hehe

Jaeren

/hides the cattleprod and the marks on Kash's fur.

:)

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

JillieMT

Quote from: Kashmiir BattlekatFear not, I am speaking with him on this subject.

My hand can be heavy at first, but I soften up.

Im not a monster... just a Beast --hehe

VERY classy for you to reconsider Kash. We should just take Ripper under our wing and mentor him in all things Beastlord and Netiquette! :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Coprolith

Aye, good show Kash.
Don't get me wrong, if there's a reason to suspect he's not what he pretends to be and is in fact deliberately spamming I'd be among the first to put a ban on him myself if i could. The Internet has dented even my naive idealism in that respect. But from where i'm sitting i have no reason to assume that he's anything but a kid who's happy to have a found a place where he can talk about his favourite game. He just needs to have explained to him that a messageboard is not a chatroom.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Lorathir

Nice one Kash  8)

Hanlaana

Thanks for reconsidering, Kash.
Hanlaana Winterbourne
Beastlady of FV