Main Menu

Why do

Started by Bulge, May 13, 2004, 12:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac173

Quotei have no reason to assume that he's anything but a kid who's happy to have a found a place where he can talk about his favourite game. He just needs to have explained to him that a messageboard is not a chatroom.

/agree

I also agree with reconsidering the banning. Like JillyMT said, lets take him under our wing, and shoe him the way.

Bring him back to us, Kash. We'll show him the way.

Kashmiir Battlekat

He has been unbanned.

mac173

Thats wonderful, but it's no suprise Rippertiger has disappeared from the board. He has been posting for about 2 weeks, in multiple forums, with apprpriate posts. He has a bad day, puts up a bunch of "junk" poats in OOC, and get driven from the board.

Way to drive the member count up, guys.

If you want to kill this board, keep it up.

I kept my thoughts to myself for the most part till now, but I've decided I don't care if you ban me Kash. You are too heavy handed. You quote rules you JUST edited. Check it out. The Rules were edited 3 MINUTED before the  Post from Kash quoting the reserve the righ to ban rule, which I do not remember. And there is no explanation of the DELETION of posts which is expresly stated would never happen.

If the site owner will not follow the rules HE WROTE, where is this site going?

Keelo Graeham

Who cares? It's an internet messageboard, not some life changing deity.
Keelo Graeham - 60th - Savage Lord - Brell Serilis

Xiorst

I agree with unbanning him, although it seems it made no difference.

Remember when you started? Remember when you reached X level and had 200 questions to ask about this and that.

Remember, everyone here at one point or another had questions about this game some more than others, and some have friends IRL etc to help them. I just think we should lighten up on him. Banning indeed was a bit harsh,  but I'm not the admin to decide :)

-Xio

Kashmiir Battlekat

Key things to remember here is this:

1:-I am the Master of my own Universe and All Powerful Lord of my Domain.
2:-I do not need to be politically correct.
3:-I do not need to please anyone but myself.
4:-I own these boards and they are "FREE" to you.
5:-My boards are ad free and will stay that way.
6:-I ask almost nothing from you except be somewhat polite.
7:-You do not 'have' to be here. You can go. I do not care.
8:-I can make my own rules up when I please. (Note #1)

Perhaps some folks are taking for granted that which *I* supply to *you* for *free*. Dont lose site of this.

Problems and Questions? Please refer to #1.

Other then that... have a good day :)

PS: How can one find fault with that which you have no control over, have supplied to you for free and are a valueable board member? I dont ban people out of spite. I will ban you if I feel you are breaking the integrity of my board. Which in this case "SPAM" qualifies.

PSS: Can anyone name how many people have been Banned or Suspended from here since Jan 01, 2004? Thats right... 2. TWO and 1 of the 2 was unbanned.

Care to argue anyone? If so, please refer to #1 :)

Scalewulf

I'm afraid I have to back your play Kash...
...as you have given me no other choice!  lol  

Just kidding man, I agree.  Your boards, do with as you please.  

No one has to come here, no one pays a fee, etc, etc...

I found Rippertigers posts to be very annoying as well.  He is guilty of a cardinal sin on MB use: Use an appropriate subject line to describe your post.  Because if you do not, you are wasting many people's time and pissing them off in the process.  And sure, everyone is guilty of this now and then, but almost all of his posts have non-descriptive subject lines.  

Please work on that Ripper, if you're going to continue to post.  Seriously, it's a big time saver for people whom are looking for posts on a given subject (for instance browsing through to see if there are any posts on the new GoD re-tune).  

Elder Scalewulf Kittikiller
65/281

JillieMT

This thead has a most non-informative title as well.

So if you are going to correct Ripper, you should correct Bulge as well, Scalewolf  :P

-------------------------------------------------------------

As far as what Kash said: I totally, whole-heartedly agree.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Cyphen Wilder

Considering this is the rants forum, are you really going to be browsing through here looking for information?  Hence the subject line in a Rants Forum could be pretty much anything versus say in a Equipment Forum where the subject line is "Good Idea" or "I was gonna do this".

Jaeren

Thread was originally in general and, i ssume, was moved because the topic was beginnign to stray.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Kashmiir Battlekat

Locked as really nothing constructive can come from it other then folks agreeing or disagreeing.

Keep in mind this simple concept: If you seriously 'mess up' you will get banned. If you play nice you wont. Its pretty simply. I have had 2 instances since Jan 01, 2004 where I felt the need to ban someone.

This was 1 of them 2 times. After discussing this with Ripper I found his posts to be innocent and I have unbanned him.

Perhaps he should get a title... bua ha ha.