Main Menu

/bazaar scumbags.

Started by Et^Cetera, May 18, 2004, 12:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Et^Cetera

I will be (hopefully) hitting 60 in the next few days so I went to POK library and bought 3 of my level 60 spells (pet slow and something else) all 20p or less.

My trader, later that night sees the very same 3 scrolls being /bazared at 5k 3.5k and 2k respectively.

Makes my blood boil that some people actually buy these and make some scummy people rich on vendor sold scrolls.

GGRRRRRRRRR

/Rant off
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Skrunch

Actually, people are just that stupid.  Most of those spells used to be drops only and the retards have not done their homework before putting things on the market.  Eventually they will figure it out or find some ebay loser that thinks they found the deal of the century.

JillieMT

Aye, I do not like to see it. But I have known at least one instance personally of a person who was overselling a beastlord spell, not realizing that it was vendor bought. I think there are alot of people who come into posession of a spell, and they simply look to see what prices it has in bazaar. They do not check here, or Ala's, or CastersRealm to see if it is vendor bought. So I do not think every instance is immoral.

But to be honest, the only people hurt are people who do not learn their respective classes.

Most of us who participate on message boards are not usually taken in by such scams. I do not know about you, but long ago I picked through every spell on our spell list, determining where/how to get each one. And as soon as I reach a level, I have the NEXT level's spells sitting in my backpack, just in case...
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

JillieMT

Oh I see there is no EDIT button in Rants, lol...

I also want to add:

I know that most traders are AFK, but an effort should be made to contact the trader and speak with them about it. You would be amazed how accomodating alot of people can really be in this game.

After they know that they are potentially screwing people over, and they still do it: then yes, bring the wrath of Rant on them! :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Bryc

My trader, later that night sees the very same 3 scrolls being /bazared at 5k 3.5k and 2k respectively

Alternatively, you could sent the trader a tell saying you will sell him copies of those three spells for 750pp each. If he laughs at you, he's certainly scamming.

If he accepts, welcome to another moral dilemma.  :P
Bryc ~ 65 Feral Lord of Fennin Ro
Barid ~ 59 Templar
Bric ~ 60 Heirophant (ret.)

Kjin

Quote from: Et^Cetera

My trader, later that night sees the very same 3 scrolls being /bazared at 5k 3.5k and 2k respectively.

I do this all the time. I'd sell rations for 9k if I could get away with it.

Honestly, if people are stupid enough to buy them and don't take a few seconds to look up the information for themselves, they deserve what they get.
Kjin Stormheart
67 Beastlord
The Nameless

Dakat

Had a beastlord the other day, not really friends, I just helped him start his epic. If you read the post I put in the epic forum you would know what I am talking about.  Anyways this same guy sends me a tell saying he just bought his level 64 pet.  I was like, congrats its a really good pet to have.  I asked him how he got it. He said he bought it in the bazaar for 20k.  I was like, OMG you got to be kidding me. 20k?  I told him to take the spell and selling it back to someone, least try to get what you paid for it.  I said give me 1k and I'll get you the spell.  Even I felt guilty taking the 1k from him, since the spell is so easy to come by.  I get so many specs a week, 5 to 8 at least. I usually give em to people if they are looking for a certain spell.  I'll turn it in for a small donation.  It dont surpise me that some people will/are that greedy to jack prices.  More then likely its someone who dont even have a beastlord.

Oneiromancer

It seems to me that the 64 pet was the rare spell from Beastlord SPs...I never once got it on a turn-in, even after I ended up buying it (for 6k or so) and then did turn-ins for other Beastlords.  I even had a friend of my own that turned in a few SPs for me, and he never got Spirit of Sorsha.  So of all the SP spells, I'm not surprised that one was so expensive.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Dakat

Hehe maybe each server is different or I was lucky. Out of the many SP's ive turned in over half were 64 pet. The other half being Rellic.

Hrann

Specs are not that easy to come by for people in non raiding guilds.

That said, I only had to buy one of my spec spells, and Spirit of Sorsha was a common one for me.

Chubaka

Alot of the spells that I have seen drop are sold on the PoK vendors for some reason.  If I got some necro spell off a monster, I am not going to PoK library to see if it is sold there, I would try and sell it in the bazaar.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Oneiromancer

I guess I got unlucky, that was the only SP spell I had to buy.  The Glyph spells are a different story, to this day I've still only ever seen one drop, and that was after I had already bought my 65 spells.

And I don't think SPs are too uncommon if you can get into BoT groups as soon as you hit 62.  The Stormriders drop them somewhat often, and usually the groups I'm in consist of mostly 65s that have all their spells already, so there's not much competition between those who actually need the spell.  And Beastlords are a class that can certainly get groups in BoT at 62, although I could just be speaking from experience on a small server, where it is rarely crowded and LFG people can expect to get picked up in a decent amount of time.  Not sure what it's like on crowded servers.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

tigerpwz

What I dont understand is why do people go so nuts over people overpricing things.  If you dont like it at the price its at dont buy it.  Simple as that.  

I bet these same people dont have a problem buying a 30k spell at 3k though do they?  Then its a "well they made the mistake" thing.  

Funny how it works like that.

The Kittenpeeler

Because overprices are actively trying to scam people. You could see a Camry on the lot priced like a Lamborghini, and even though you don't have to buy it, you realize the guy selling it is trying to cheat people out of their money. Granted they might be dumb people, but do they deserve it?

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=872119">http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/Kittenpeeler/Sarthasig.jpg>

Et^Cetera

Quote from: tigerpwzWhat I dont understand is why do people go so nuts over people overpricing things.  If you dont like it at the price its at dont buy it.  Simple as that.  

I bet these same people dont have a problem buying a 30k spell at 3k though do they?  Then its a "well they made the mistake" thing.  

Funny how it works like that.

Hmmm, I wasnt aware there was a 30k (or even a 3k) VENDOR SOLD spell.

Over pricing is one thing, and i for one think the trade-skills market (silks, acrylia etc) is *ridiculously* over-priced but have no problem with that whatsoever because thats a *player* driven economy.

My main point was that these spells are VENDOR SOLD for under 25pp each not 2-5k.

Blessing of Aegolism for example, dropped only spell, 10k bazaar price is fine, pricey but fine.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.