Main Menu

/bazaar scumbags.

Started by Et^Cetera, May 18, 2004, 12:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerpwz

To me puting a vendor sold spell for sale in bazaar for say 5k isnt a scam.  Stupid yes but not a scam.  There is no attempt at deception.  The seller isnt saying this is a "rare drop only spell".  

As for that Camry example.  To be a scam there the seller would have to say you can buy a lamborghini at the price of a Camry and then try to pass off the Camry as a lamborghini.  This isnt the case.  

Only takes 2 minutes of research to get all the spells and vendors they are sold on.  If a person is that lazy then they deserve to overpay for a spell.   Makes them a chump yes but they didnt get scammed.

Its no different than the people who sell fuzzlecutter in the bazaar.  Always sold over what you can buy it for in EF.  Just to a larger extreme.

Alerka

What good is stupidity in the world if you can't profit from it? LOL

Incite

I am proud to say that I am single handedly responsible for destroying the mark up on Yaulp V and Hammer of Judgement on Prexus.  People were selling these two for 800 to 1k PP ... scrolls that were bought of a vendor one zone over for 6pp and change.  I started selling them on my trader for 7pp each.  It's amazing how many people would come by, purchase my entire stock and mark them up ... only to have me resupply at 7pp a few minutes later.  

Must start this with a few other class' spells too.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Atropine_BB

Quote from: HrannSpecs are not that easy to come by for people in non raiding guilds.

That said, I only had to buy one of my spec spells, and Spirit of Sorsha was a common one for me.

I just wanted to point out that if you can group in BoT, HoH or Tactics, Specs are pretty dang common.  I usually come out with 2-5 specs a week depending on how often I group in these zones and how good my dice roll.

Heck I even get a shot at an ornate mold/pattern and glyphed runes when we take down names.
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

Hrann

Hmm, they must have upped the drop rate on them at some point. I used to spend quite some time in those zones and only saw maybe 1 spec per 3 or 4 hours.  An average of 1 in 6 or so would go to me from rolls, meaning 20 hours of mindless grinding = 1 spec (which would probably be a copy anyway hehe).

Maybe it's gotten better since though.  To me, 1 hour of xp grinding is very hard though... I can't stands it ;)

Zashir Swiftpaw

Quote from: tigerpwzIts no different than the people who sell fuzzlecutter in the bazaar.  Always sold over what you can buy it for in EF.  Just to a larger extreme.
The difference is that certain races cannot buy Fuzzlecutter themselves.  I don't mind paying for someone to buy something that I don't have the faction to do myself.

Caali

Quote from: Zashir Swiftpaw
Quote from: tigerpwzIts no different than the people who sell fuzzlecutter in the bazaar.  Always sold over what you can buy it for in EF.  Just to a larger extreme.
The difference is that certain races cannot buy Fuzzlecutter themselves.  I don't mind paying for someone to buy something that I don't have the faction to do myself.

Don't entirely disagree, but then again for Fuzzlecutters you could simply make human mule and buy it yourself.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

ghostryder

I think a lot of this is due to the overall design- afterall, who among us is familiar with spells of every class to a degree we know which ones are sold and which ones are drop only?

To me, if a spell drops then it shouldn't be found on a vendor period. And no vendor sold spells should drop off mobs period.

To would end the confusion- and it is confusion and not really scamming- I blame the game, not the player.