Main Menu

3Box LDONS

Started by Banga, May 19, 2004, 08:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banga

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but any pointers greatly appreciated.

I run three characters on three seperate PCs.   All three are level 65.  

I have a 65 Beastlord, 65 Necro, 65 Cleric.   All have under 20 AA's but are equiped with the best bazaar stuff.  

I tried running them in an LDON and although I did not die, there was absolutely no way to finish in time.    I have done the collect 20 and I've done the kill 60 LDONS.    

Is it possible to do these within 90 minutes consistently with three level 65 characters controlled by one person?   If so what do I need to help me?   I am rather effective at controlling all three but I just dont seem to be able to pull fast enough or do enough DPS to compete the LDON in time.

I use the cleric to paci and pull with the BL slow btw.   I also tried necro FD pulls, but that took longer.

Thanks.

Tastian

I 3-boxed a lot of LDoNs awhile back and even recently have done some two-boxed LDoNs with just bst + cleric.  With a beastlord and necro you really shouldn't have problems doing enough dps.  I usually pull 1-3 at a time and tank with the beast, heal with the cleric, repeat.  Some rooms of 6+ I'll paci (sometimes hehe), but that depends a lot on gear.  Collects usually go much faster than a slaughter of 60 or so.  Getting more AA's would help as you'd raise your damage and lower your damage taken which saves the cleric some mana.

Are you getting close to finishing missions?  I'm not really sure where your problem is, I mean you say you aren't dieing, so it doesn't seem like you keep getting bum pulls or anything that's costing you 10+ mins on CR's.  Definitely get some more AA's, which I'm sure you are working on and that's really about all I can think of.

Tyrala

I cannot think of any reason that you would not be able to finish a LDON with those three. I do three boxes with 65 beast, 65 shaman and 64 druid and usually finish with time to spare. Sometimes it really isn't ugly but I can usually get it done. You may want to try a different dungeon. I find I do alot better in EF than say a Takish run. Also, I would say away from any collect 20 as they seem to just plain suck. I have found the sweet spot for me at least to be about collect 23 to 27 in the collects. Something to give a try at least. Good luck!
Tyrala
65 Vah Shir Beastlord
Druzzil Ro
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=676949">My Crap

Dakat

Sweet spot, 23 - 25. Very frequent drops. 26 + and its worse. Below 23 its Ugly.

Banga

Will try this again.   I believe I know the problem.  I had a 60 count kill mission.  Considering I was taking about 90 seconds to kill each that was the problem.   Factor in for pull time and certainly I was not going to make it.   I was also in the Tak Camp and only have 15 AA.  

So going to do BoT a bit more, gather a few more AA and then try to do the EF camps.  

Thanks again.

Tastian

More AA will help and also going with collects these days.  I've never had a real problem doing tak with 2-3 chars, but some rooms / combination of casters can slow you down.

Coprolith

QuoteSweet spot, 23 - 25. Very frequent drops. 26 + and its worse. Below 23 its Ugly.

Agreed. The drop rate of the items you need to collect doesnt scale properly with the amount you need to get. Collect 20 missions always take me longer to complete then collect 25 simply because the drop rate is unproportionally lower.

For a kill 60 mission you need to be able to kill the mobs in roughly 60s. Between the initial summoning of your pet + buffing, rebuffing during the mission and pulling your amount of idle time on a per mob basis is easily around 30s.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

danaconda

I have played a beast and necro to decent levels (upper 50's) and I read both boards often. It seems to me that your problem is very simply you are playing too "safe" with pulling.

Are you pulling only 1 mob at a time from a room? If so, try getting 2 at a time..... with necro 65 CoB pet, you can easily offtank adds especially with the huge cleric heals. I realize that 3 boxing with 2 mobs in camp might be rough, but its do-able. Use beast to slow both, should be a piece of cake.

Also, remember that you don't need to paci every mob in the room, just the ones close to your target.

Try my suggestion with the pulling. What have you got to lose? (besides yet another LDoN)  :mrgreen:

Good luck!
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)