Main Menu

A new home?

Started by Liga, May 24, 2004, 09:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liga

Hi there!  I recently left the guild I was in with my main being my cleric and my twink being my beast.  Wasnt what I had hoped, but they wouldnt let me stay and switch.  Being a cleric was too taxing for me to continue with, so now I am looking for a home.
As a twink, I didnt get much time to get geared up properly for the status of the guild I was in.  I am at 5200hps and decent gear, but its not what youd expect from a Time keyed toon.  God really hasnt done much for me yet.  Still need tipt for KT access.
Bringing me to this: Do you know of a quality guild that still plans on doing Time(at least through the summer) which is looking for Beastlords?  Play times are negotiable since I am retired.  I have gone through many of the guilds on that progress list and what I mostly see is the standard, "Apply and see."  My current server is tired.  Theres no where I really want to go.  Seems like Im asking for a bit much.

Thanks for anything positive you can contribute.

Aneya

First off, you twink has better gear then I do!

Secondly you can check the guild tier listings to see what guilds are currently in time or close to it. http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=396

Veeshan, Povar and Tarew Marr have a few social guilds some may even be close to time. So if you want to take a more laid back approach those servers might be worth checking out.

Before moving I'd suggest starting an alt on each server and try to get a feel for it.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Liga

Quote from: LigaI have gone through many of the guilds on that progress list and what I mostly see is the standard, "Apply and see."

Hehe, thanks, but as you can see, Ive done that.  I was looking for specific advice.

Aneya

Heh, Well I didn't read that part too carefully.

Can't say much about other servers but on Tarew Marr there are quite a few choices.

Pak'Cafan might be the best fit for you in terms of how far they are into time. They are currently into heavy recruiting but might stop soon as they recently absorbed part of Black Company.

Numious might raid more than you want.

Sanctus Arcanum, my guild, is looking for beastlords, not sure why since we have 4 active and 1 candidate already. If you are interested in taking a more laid back approach to high end content SA might be for you. Some people complain we don't raid enougth, or progress fast enough etc. but many that have left for more agressive raid guilds end up coming back.

Other guilds I would recomend.
Invictus Veritae - Recently entered Elemental Plans and rising fast.
Cursed Brotherhood - in VT
Veritable Quadary - starting on VT key

Liga

I guess what im hoping for is a guild that blatantly says, "yes!  we need beastlord(s)."  Unfortunately, many guilds view beastlords as tertiary toons in that if you have one, you have all you need.  What I always see is, "Clerics, Warriors, Wizards wanted."  Ah well, such is life.

Oneiromancer

On Kane Bayle:

The Celestial Rapture apparently is looking for 1 Beastlord.  They're the "best" guild on KB, I believe they were the first to get to Time and they are the farthest along in GoD.  Apparently they require Kod'Taz access, though, so if you are close to that you might have a shot.  You definitely meet their AA requirements though.  They're European time.

Midwinter is also European (and big rivals of TCR), and even though that website says that Beastlords aren't open, I know someone in the guild who says that they'll be looking for more people soon.  They beat Time several weeks ago and farm there and are starting into GoD...I think they're in Kod'Taz at least.

For the American guilds, Evolutia and Plan B have both accessed Time, but I don't think they're recruiting.  At least not Beastlords.  I think Evo beat Time, but Plan B just got there so I'm not sure how they're doing.  Planar Destruction has Elemental access, and Scarlet Sun does also...I think.  If I ever left my family guild for a raiding one, SS would be it...it's about as close as you can get to a family raiding guild.  They're recruiting now, too.  They have both Euro and US sections, and they raid fairly often.  However, even the US raiders start well before I get home from work (usually around 7 PST) so I wouldn't be able to contribute much.  Good thing I'm happy in a family guild...I might get depressed that I'm on a server where I can only hope to join open raids...and we all know how fun those are...  :roll:

Anyway!  Like is happening on many other servers, KB is suffering from lots of attrition as people are quitting EQ or from the usual spring/summer slowdown.  It's always been a very small server, and it's just getting smaller.  So, more guilds are recruiting, but it's hard to tell if they're going to stay together or not.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Skanda

The top guild on Saryrn is looking for a beastlord. They are in GoD right now though but they still farm time.

http://www.hneguild.com/

Rainor Wolfheart

You have a lot of choices atm if you look around.  A lot of the higher end guilds are looking for beastlords atm since a lot seem to have quit due to GoD etc.  Was going to list H&E as an example but someone beat me to it.  :P  

If you want a list of guilds currently doing time/kodtaz/uqua and check their recruitment forums/sites, you can go to http://d7w.critical.ne.jp/progress.htm .  Its a very complete listing of all the guilds who have done time, are doing it/past it etc.
Rainor Wolfheart
65 Beastlord of The Tribunal
<Sol Invictus>

Liga

/sigh.  Thanks, but I have read that.  Trust me.  Going through each and every guild takes... well a long arse time, not to mention that many guilds require a new registration for their board access.  There is also the factor of the date of recruiting versus applicants they have at the moment.  So I was posting here for a specific answer if someone knew one. :).

Aneya

I don't know about other servers but on TM most guilds have a hard time keeping Beastlords. They either quit the game or move to a more uber guild. Eventualy they join ED then quit the game. So there is always some guild in of Beastlords on TM.

Edit: above is an oversimplification and might not reflect actual market values.

Grymlok

Well, it also depends on what the times you play are.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Axxe

>Bringing me to this: Do you know of a quality guild that still plans on doing Time(at least through the summer) which is looking for Beastlords? Play times are negotiable since I am retired. I have gone through many of the guilds on that progress list and what I mostly see is the standard, "Apply and see." My current server is tired. Theres no where I really want to go. Seems like Im asking for a bit much.<

The person addressed this already :)