Main Menu

Base pet stats?

Started by Tzuka, May 30, 2004, 06:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coprolith

Here's an updated graph for PvP resists of Ensnare of my lvl 65 druid

Legend:
- dark blue diamonds: DPoC focused S.o.Sorsha (pet level 61)
- light blue diamonds: DPoC focused S.o.Khati Sha (pet level 47)
- green diamonds: S.o.Yekan (pet level 31)
- solid red triangles: Coprolith (PC level 65)
- open red triangles: resist rate of Savage Roots spell (-30 resist modifier, already added to Cop's MR, i.e. the data point at 85MR was taken with Cop at 115MR)

1) The difference in resist rate between SoSorsha and SoKhati Sha appears to be constant at 14%, which is exactly 1% per difference in level of the pets. Coincidence? Perhaps. You can also see that the green con SoYekan has the same resists rate as SoKS. It might be that in PvP, the reduction of resist rate by increased level difference is capped once you're fighting a green con.
In any case, its clear that the pet does not simply call the resist function on its owner in PvP; it just checks if its owner MR is higher or lower then its own and then call the resist function with the higher of the two MR and its own level.

2) Resist modifiers on spells are simply added to the MR of the target; snaring at 85 or 55 MR gives the same resist rates as rooting with -30 mod at 115 and 85 MR resp.

3) The slopes of the linear increases in resist rate vs MR are
SoSorsha: 0.46%/pt MR
SoKS: 0.43%/pt MR
Cop: 0.56%/pt MR
which averages out to an increase in resist rate of 1% per 2 pts of MR

Its impossible to say for sure which of these results are portable to normal PC vs NPC combat, neither qualitatively nor quantitatively.
I suspect that resist modifiers on spells always works the same way and that in general the resist rate can be written as

resist rate = C1*(target's MR + spell MR mod) + C2*(target lvl - caster lvl)

but the constants C1 and C2 will probably differ for PvP and normal combat (in PvP C1 = 0.5% and C2 = 1%). Also there may be different caps on the resist rate.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)