Main Menu

LDoN experience

Started by Noxdowne Draggout, July 09, 2004, 01:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hzark

Quote from: Noxdowne Draggout

I would like to do more LDoN's to augment existing gear, I just can't give up the 20 plus aa's I would loose to do it.

Nox

Hmm. So you are saying that you should get the same XP as PoEA AND augments as well?

Hmmm.
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699

Noxdowne Draggout

Close...

I would accept 80% of the exp to do a LDoN, I just won't accept 40% to do one.

A 20% exp penalty is equal to the highest racial penalty and at that point you would at least have a choice.

A 60% exp drop is too much.

Nox

Ragash

Quote from: Noxdowne DraggoutClose...

I would accept 80% of the exp to do a LDoN, I just won't accept 40% to do one.

A 20% exp penalty is equal to the highest racial penalty and at that point you would at least have a choice.

A 60% exp drop is too much.

Nox

How do you balance that opinion against the more prevalent one that LDoN is intended for casual players, isn't intended to equal elemental level exp or gear ( only get us close ) and would infringe on hardcore players "hard work" in some way if it were made any better than it currently is?

If 40 hps augments are that important to you,  you will make the sacrifice of lesser exp to do the LDoNs necessary for them or you will decide they are not worth it and do something else.

Less exp per kill in a significantly less challenging zone is not the same as an exp penalty. Elemental exp is the way it is because of the challenge presented by the zones and LDoN exp is no different.  As a casual player who likely won't ever see elemental zones I'm pretty darn happy with the exp I get from doing LDoNs.
Iggy the Wonder Gecko and his pet Savage Lord Ragash

Rhaynne

XP in LDONs is fine.  Complaining that it doesn't equal planar xp is ridiculous especially considering the rewards and doubly so now that augments will be removable and all items resellable within the week.

I've done easily 100+ aa just on ldons alone, probably closer to 150 and never felt the need to complain about it - it's xp and guaranteed gear, something not found anywhere else, so the xp difference is perfectly justifyable.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Shrouded

One thing that I would like to see with LDoN is adding another level above hard (IE "Super Hard" :D  ).
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Noxdowne Draggout

Thank you Shrouded, I couldn't agree more.

Of course there is always GoD....

Nox

p/s it is ridiculous to expect planar exp and I never said that, I said the spread is too god damn much. Try to pay attention Rhaynne instead of assuming what a person means.

Dumpty

Well guess no one can ever accuse you of sucking up to mods lolz.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Rhaynne

QuoteI would accept 80% of the exp to do a LDoN, I just won't accept 40% to do one.

That is precisely what you said.  And you were refering to Earth xp, not... say Hall of Honor.

It's assanine, plain and simple.  80% of Earth XP would STILL BE BETTER than xp in Halls of Honor, Bastion of Thunder or other planar zones.  In fact, in Hard LDoN, I find the xp to already be better than BoT - not in terms of XP per kill, but XP for time spent.  Typically, groups I'm in can finish hards in about 30-45 minutes and I normally gain at lest 3/4 of an AA.  Now, that doesn't compare with the 2 AA/hour I can get in Kod'Taz or Earth, but it is nothing to sneeze at.

darury

Quote from: ShroudedOne thing that I would like to see with LDoN is adding another level above hard (IE "Super Hard" :D  ).

Personally, I'd like to see almost the opposite.. a "Medium" LDoN for 75ish points.

Hard LDoNs still require a fairly well balanced group and the primary reason is for loot vs points.  Most folks would rather do the fast normals to rack up wins per camp.
The Action Figure Army
Darsacat 70 Beastlord -- Darury 70 Cleric --  Nulyen 70 Druid -- Mjah 70 Magician -- Jumlum 70 Bard

Dumpty

The next level of LDoN  will come with OoW devs have already stated.  Our current 63 hard (theres no such thing as a "65" adventure) will be a 68 normal.  There will be a new tier of difficulty added for avg group levels of 68+ and selecting high risk.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Namog

Know what i would like to see? New maps implemented along with new scenarios...i get tired of collect this..assasinate that. Also..if they arent going to do anything new with LDON at the very least give us the option of choosing which scenarios we want from 3 choices instead of declining mission after mission.

http://ourworld.cs.com/NamogBst/Namog1.JPG">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=897801">Namog

Evilsunshinne

ldons are so freakin boring i hate them, i hate exp'n to begin with cause you do the same things over and over, but w/LDoN's its worse.  EXP boost on ldons and id do them more often than I do now which is almost never.  And its not like the exp boost is only for the non casuals, everyone benifets.

Hrann

Quotetheres no such thing as a "65" adventure
Where do you get this? There are 11 adventure types, geared for characters levels 20-65 hard.  Every 5 levels is an interval.  It just so happens that the average group level has to be 63 or higher to get the 65 adventures, but calling them level 63 adventures is a misnomer.  To get a level 55 adventure you have to average between 53 and 57 - you wouldn't call those level 57 adventures would you?

/hijack off

Latang

Hahahaha. I should read rants more often, this is cool.

The exp is a bonus, nothing more. Ldon is good for augments <both bought and dropped> and an upgrade nearly on a par with elemental armor < I say nearly. with the aug's that are available for ldon armor it's good>. If you want super exp, get Kod Taz flagged. If you can't get Kod Taz flagged, and can't get Ele flagged, for whatever reason, then Ldon is a great way to upgrade and get exp, while developing skills you wouldn't get in the mega-DL that is PoFire/PoEarth/KodTaz.

Oh it can give you good bonuses on the PoP charm too. Complaining that you are not getting enough exp from what is effectively slaughtering lvl 61-63 mobs that hit hard as a truck but are not particularly difficult with a good group is. well. sad. As Rhaynne said, you want to have your cake and eat it too. That's just funny =P

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

ghostryder

I don't think I'd agree completely that LDON was intended for casual players- getting groups during off hours takes a lot of time and sometimes its not even possible-

And what is a casual player anyhow- ? For me it's someone who has limited time- maybe even less time than an LDON mission would take to finish- or someone who logs on at odd hours outside of prime time, which is really the only decent time to do LDON on most servers.

Had there been solo missions available it would serve the casual player, but the way I looked at LDON was something to do outside of raiding. Remember- the raider hasn't anything to buy in bazaar suited for him that wouldn't be a downgrade so what is he to do ? Get augments and maybe a piece or two in a choosen slot his raiding has yet fullfilled.

Frankly, if I have the time for putting or getting an LDON group together, I've got time for raiding as well.  heck, most raids go faster.

The system worked well in AO, but in that game solo missions are possible, and the higher level loot was found in team missions.

With LDON that seperation is between normal and hard missions, and has left no true casual player options.

LDON, though looked by most as a downgrade to PoP in terms of loot, is really a supliment to PoP with the augments.

I think the system does need reworked to actually offer something to the casual player- it's the single biggest reason most tire of the game is the narrow options left to most at the high end- aside from the numerous bugs that continue to plague the game.