Main Menu

Guide on Classes to Duo With by Kethia

Started by Jaeren, January 03, 2004, 07:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaeren

Originally by: Kethia of Veeshan

I've noticed that there are quite a few posts on what kind of classes to two-box/duo with, so I have decided to create a guide on this since I have successfully grouped/duoed with almost all classes.

First, we have what race you want your partner to be (note: this is if you're creating a character to two box with). Race is mostly trivial now, due to PoK books and easily obtainable high-end gear. Sometimes faction issues can be a problem (for example, if you're a good Barbarian Beastlord, it may be difficult to hunt Highkeep goblins with a Dark Elf mage partner). Otherwise, it really doesn't matter unless you have RP purposes.

Now onto the important part: classes.

Bards:
Bards are often known as the jack-of-all-trades, and for good reason. At nearly every level they get at least one new song, and the uses of the songs vary greatly. For example, one level they may get a nice AoE DOT, and the next would be a song that casts invisibility on your entire party. They use a technique (well, at least the good bards do) known as "twisting" or "self-induced carpal tunnel syndrome." Unfortunately, twisting requires a LOT of focus and concentration, so bards would really not make a good duo-box partner.

Pros:
-Able to do pretty much anything.
-Can tank for a while.
-Increases killing efficiency greatly.
-Relatively low taunting.
-Cheap gear.

Cons:
-Takes a lot of focus on the bard (would have to ignore beastlords).
-Melee positioning problems, especially with the push you and your pet generate.

Duo Rating: Optimal

Two Box Rating: Average

Another Beastlord:
I do not really need to give a description of this class, since you are probably already playing one. Beastlords are a very good class to partner your Beastlord with, as it basically multiplies your efficiency by two.

Pros:
-Two pets, to make pet clericing a lot easier.
-Twice the DPS (DOT stacking, two times the nukes, two times the pets, two times the melee).
-Able to handle much harder mobs/zones than you would normally be able to.

Cons:
-Difficult to concentrate on both Beastlords, due to the play style of most Beastlords, which is to melee for a bit, back off and heal, then jump back in. This would be difficult with only one computer, but if you have two computers side-by-side (by the way, I envy you ) this may be a more viable option.

Clerics:
Clerics are a very straightforward class: they get the best heals in the game, along with the best line of HP, AC, and HP/AC buffs in the game. They get a few extra utility spells, like Invisible versus the Undead, the Calm line, and at higher levels they can summon a hammer pet to fight for them. They also get nice mana efficient nukes and DOTs useable only on the undead, plus some ok nukes and stuns. One of the most important spells they get that would help you a lot with duoing is root. It makes fighting in a lot of dungeons and other such zones easier as you do not have to chase down runners.

Pros:
-Best heals.
-No healing downtime.
-Nice HP, AC, HP/AC buffs.
-Can harmony in order to single pull.
-Stuns, roots, nukes, and undead nukes to make killing a little easier.
-Dark Elf clerics of Innoruuk can quest for a necklace with clicky snare.
-Ressurection spells.

Cons:
-Not much of a damage dealer until they get their hammer pet and summon hammer spell (that procs a DD almost every 3 swings), and mana regen is added to their Yaulp line, so they don't have as much trouble regenerating mana while meleeing.
-Normal nukes are not mana efficient.

Two Box Rating: Optimal

Druids:
Druids are the most popular class to duo with Beastlords, as Beastlords and Druids seem to fit together perfectly. They can cast snare and root (very nice for runners), decent nukes, decent DOTs, heals on par with shamans, Skin buffs similar to a cleric's HP/AC line, Harmony for single pulling, damage shields (a mob takes damage when it hits you), evacuation (take you to a different zone or the safe spot in a zone), ports (the best part in my opinion ), mana efficient nukes useable only on summoned creatures, and various animal only spells (fear animal, charm animal, etc). Maybe you can see why they are often chosen as a duo partner.

Pros:
-Does everything that a beastlord can't (good buffs, damage shield, single pulling, snare and root, gate, etc).
-Share Wolf Form for stackable attack increase.

Cons:
-Difficult in the 50's due to having only 30% slow and Chloroblast (~400 hp heal).

Enchanters:
Enchanters do very well with Beastlords; I duo with one quite often. They can crowd control, haste, debuff magic resistance, stun, nuke, DOT, root, charm, and have many mind buffs (Clarity, WIS buffs, anti-fizzle, etc) and a line of decent AC buffs. Unfortunately, the main part of the job of an Enchanter, crowd control, takes too much focus. Enchanters are a class that require a lot of skill, attention and reflexes, like when a mezzed mob breaks mez and runs at the enchanter. You have to be quick to stun the mob, back off, and re-mez.

Pros:
-Don't have to worry about adds due to mez.
-Mind buffs, so you never have to get KEI.
-Able to stop runners (root).
-Best haste in the game.

Cons:
-Takes a LOT of attention and focus; it would be difficult to concentrate on your Beastlord and keep mobs mezzed/tashed/rooted at the same time.
-They are aggro machines! Mezzed mobs are almost guaranteed to run after the enchanter after they break mez. Enchanters are also very quick to die since they are robed casters.

Duo Rating: Average/Optimal (depends on the Enchanter's play style)

Two Box Rating: Below Average

Magicians:
Magicians have arguably the strongest pets in the game. Pets are the backbone of the Magician class; without them, they are merely weak wizards with utility spells. Magicians get 4 different types of pets (excluding the epic pet): fire, earth, air, and water. Fire pets have low hp, but are good damage dealers. They proc a fire nuke and will cast a damage shield on themselves that goes up as the magician gets a stronger fire pet spell. They are resistant to fire based spells. Earth is the best pet for tanking, as they have the highest HP. They cast a root spell, which is nice for stopping runners. They also hit fairly hard, and are resistant to disease based spells. Air pets do not have the HP of an earth pet, but they are good damage dealers and cast a nice stun. They will also cast invisibility on themselves when they are not fighting. Finally, the water pet is the most well balanced of the 4 elementals. It has not quite the HPs of an earth elemental, and can dish out damage better than one. It procs a cold-based nuke, and is resistant to poison based spells. Besides pets, Magicians also get nukes that aren't quite as good as those that wizards get, damage shields that are better than what druids get, and many summoning spells that let them summon everything from food and water to a mask that you can give to a pet to increase its attack speed.

Pros:
-Low maintenance. Just send pet in, and get up every once in a while to nuke.
-Never have to visit town again, because Magicians can summon however many bandaids your Beastlord needs, plus pet weapons and an unlimited supply of food and water.
-Powerful pets that go very well with the Beastlord's warder.

Cons:
-No runner control besides the earth elementals' unreliable root.

Monks:
Monks are one of the three pure melee classes. This makes them fairly straightforward, and easy to two box with. They hit very quickly and can dish out a ton of damage. They also get a progressive line of kicks (starting with Round Kick at level 5 and ending with Flying Kick at 30 ?), and most importantly, Feign Death. This skill, which Monks receive at level 17, allows them to pretend they are dead so that the mob forgets about them and wanders off. This skill is extremely useful for situations where a monk might get too much aggro from your Beastlord and you don't want it to. It can also be very useful to single pulling. Basically, you pull whatever mob you want, and if multiples come, just FD and pull the very back mob that starts wandering back. Just repeat that until you have the single mob to pull back to camp. There are two disadvantages to Feign Death though: mobs over level 30 will not forget about you after you feign death, and sometimes at low skill levels it can fail and the mobs will continue attacking you.

Pros:
-Very good DPS.
-Single pulling with Feign Death.

Cons:
-Generates a lot of aggro.
-15 stone weight limit (before they start losing AC).
-Melee positioning. It can be hard to keep the monk in melee position because the beastlord and his pet generate a lot of push.

Duo Rating: Below Average

Necromancers:
Necromancers are the masters of the undead. They command powerful skeletal servants. Necromancer pets hit harder than Beastlord pets, but they do not have the HP or tanking ability of a Beastlord warder. From level 44 on, necromancer pets proc a lifetap, and in the 50's they get 3 unique pets: a rogue pet that backstabs, a monk pet with flying kicks, and a spectre pet. Besides their pets, Necromancers get some of the best DOTs in the game. They get a line of Darkness spells that DOT a mob and snare it, which is nice for runner control. They also get various high damage/high aggro DOTs, and even share some with the Beastlord. There are two lines of spells that provide the necromancer with unlimited health and mana: the Leach line, and the Lich line. Leach is basically a DOT lifetap, stealing small amounts of life from a mob and giving them to the necromancer, and Lich is a mana regen spell that trades health for mana. In addition, they get lifetap spells, fear, mez, undead spells (fear, nuke, charm, harmonize, slow, snare) which, of course, only work on the undead. A Beastlord and Necromancer duo is able to kill very quickly, as the Necromancer can replenish the mana and HP supply of the Beastlord with a line of HP transfer spells and mana transfer spells. Also, if in trouble, the Necromancer can feign death.

Pros:
-Very good damage from their pets and DOTs.
-Limitless supply of mana and HP for both the necromancer and beastlord.
-Runner control with the Darkness line.
-Undead can be killed very quickly.

Cons:
-Fear kiting takes too much work on the necromancer, and it would be difficult to keep the beastlord and necromancer caught up with the fleeing mob.
-Necromancer pets in general do not tank quite as well as Beastlord pets, and frankly their pet heals suck.

Paladins:
Paladins are a Warrior/Cleric hybrid. They have most of the tanking ability of a Warrior, with the buffs and heals of a cleric. In addition to heals and buffs, they get a few other spells, such as undead nukes, undead procs (that they cast on their weapons to proc an undead nuke), stuns, which are their main form of aggro control, and other miscellaneous buffs, including that blasted Brell's line. One advantage to Paladins is that they have the best hybrid healing, as they receive Greater Healing at 39 when you only have Healing. One very useful skill that Paladins get is Lay on Hands, which is basically a complete heal equal to the paladin's current max hp, that refreshes once every EQ day.

Pros:
-Good tanking ability.
-Stuns for aggro control and interrupting casters.
-Decent HP/AC, HP, and AC buffs, like a Cleric lite.
-Decent healing ability (Greater Healing at 39, in addition to some HoTs).
-Runner control with root.

Cons:
-Melee positioning. Beastlords and their pets generate a lot of push.
-Doesn't have great DPS, due to the lack of dual wield, except against the undead with undead nukes/procs.

Duo Rating: Average/Optimal (depends on the level of the Paladin)

Rangers:
Rangers are a hybrid between a Warrior and a Druid. They get some of the weaker spells in a Druid's spellbook, like weaker nukes, DOTs, snare, root, harmony. Rangers are the only hybrid class with access to both dual wield and double attack, allowing them to do very good DPS with two weapons. In addition, they are the only class that is able to wield a bow to its full potential, especially at high levels when they get several AA abilities that let them do over 1000 points of damage with an arrow (if they're lucky).

Pros:
-Good DPS.
-Runner control with root/snare.

Cons:
-Melee positioning, because the Beastlord and their pets generate a lot of push.
-Expensive because of all the rezzes you have to buy for your ranger.
-Not a great tank due to low HP.

Rogues:
Rogues are another of the three pure melee classes. They have some of the best DPS in the game, because they have access to not only dual wield and double attack, but because of their most important skill, backstab. This skill lets them do a ton of damage to a mob by standing behind it. Backstab, however, generates a lot of aggro, which is where their Evade skill comes in. To evade in battle to make an enemy forget about you, just press the hide button with auto attack off. Rogues also get many useful skills, like Make and Apply Poison, Sneak and Hide, Sense and Disarm Traps, and Pick Lock.

Pros:
-Very good DPS.
-Nice utility skills, like Sneak and Hide for dragging corpses.

Cons:
-Melee positioning is doubly difficult with a rogue since they have to stay in range with all the push Beastlords generate, and stay behind the mob.
-Not very good at tanking due to low HP.
-High maintenance, because of Backstab and keeping aggro down with evade, plus positioning for backstab.

Duo Rating: Average

Shadow Knights:
Shadow Knights, being a hybrid of a Warrior and Necromancer, are known as the Anti-Paladin, due to their evil nature. They have a tanking ability equal to that of a paladin, and they have many spells that allow them to keep aggro. They also have minor pets which act more like DOTs than actual damage. They have runner control in the form of the Darkness line that Necromancers get, which DOTs a mob and slows its movement. One of the Shadow Knight's most useful skills is Harm Touch, which lets them, IIRC, do damage equivalent to their level times 10, plus 1. So if they are level 30, they can do 301 damage. This skill refreshes every EQ day, or after they die.

Pros:
-Good tanking ability.
-Runner control.
-Pets and DOTs add extra damage.

Cons:
-Not great DPS without pet/spells.
-Melee positioning (you know the drill by now, I hope).
-Faction problems in some zones, due to their evil nature.

Duo Rating: Optimal/Average (Optimal at 56+)

Shaman:
Shaman are one of the classes that Beastlords are based off of. They are a priest class, with healing spells on par with a druid and the best statistic buffs in the game. They can buff any stat except wisdom and intelligence. As you may know, their spell book includes the best slows in the games, DOTs on par with a necromancer, decent nukes, Malo (a stat debuff), a pet, and cannibilize, which lets them trade HP for mana, similar to a Necromancer's Lich line, only they have to cast Cannibilize repeatedly. To counter the HP loss of Canni, they get spells in the Torpor line which are massive HP regen and snare to the caster. I'm not sure but I believe the only spells in this line are Torpor (an uber rare spell) and Stoicism (LoY quest spell). Shamans can add great DPS to a Beastlord, while minimizing the Beastlord's HP loss.

Pros:
-Good DPS with pet, DOTs, nukes.
-Best slows in the game.
-Best stat buffs in the game.
-Cannibalize lets them regenerate mana quickly.
-Low maintenance, just slow, send pet, maybe nuke or DOT a little, and cannibalize after the battle.

Cons:
-Cannibalizing after a battle and trying to heal up the Beastlord can be annoying.
-Shaman pets are lower leveled than Beastlords, so they will often take aggro.

Warriors:
Warriors are another pure melee class. They are probably one of the most basic classes to play: turn on auto attack, taunt, kick/bash, blah blah. They have decent DPS, not on par with a monk or rogue, but better than a paladin/shadow knight since they have dual wield and double attack. Warriors are also the best tanks in the game, since they have the most HP and AC of any class.

Pros:
-Best tanking ability.
-Good DPS.
-Fairly straightforward to play.

Cons:
-Melee positioning.
-Lots of HP, so it is difficult to keep a warrior healed with our wimpy heals.
-Difficult to taunt with when trying to focus on a Beastlord.

Duo Rating: Below Average

Wizards:
Wizards have the best nukes in the game, but that is pretty much it. Because of this, they are an easy class to play. They have very good DPS because of their big nukes, and the chance to crit on a nuke. In addition, they get a few extra spells like snare, root, and group ports.

Pros:
-Low maintenance - just stand up and nuke every once in a while.
-Runner control with snare/root.
-Good DPS with nukes.
-Group ports to save running time.

Cons:
-Nukes generate a lot of aggro, so you can't overnuke.

Whew, finally done. I hope this helps out a few people when choosing their two-box class.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Wurzle

Absolutly fantastic post...  :D

I 2-box a druid along with my beastlord.
I have tried a few other classes, but none have the same versatility as a druid imo.
The ability to snare/root/ds/dot etc makes the eventual demise of your victim quick and easy...
The ability to evac when in trouble has saved me more times than I can remember...
At level 58 druids get their first 'real' heal spell, Tunare's Renewal; heals for 2925 hps; which means you can safley tank alongside your warder for the duration once you have slowed the mob...
And the ports... What more can I say? No more running the gauntlet through several zones to get to your destination any more.

All in all, I love the bst/druid combo; it has made my eq time a much better experience for me.

Good luck to all bst's who decide to try 2-boxing. Whichever class you eventually pick for a partner, you are about to have a lot of fun.  :D
No, I'm not pleased to see you....
...that really IS a crocodile in my pocket.

Wurzle- 70 Beastlord - Ayonae Ro

Zithram

I think you underestimated the ability of the enchanter :)

Your list leaves out a very under used  spell line.  Rampage then berserker spirit after level 49.

With chanter slow, the damage absorb of that spell can take up to 4 rounds of damage some times if you are fighting in places like Dulak.  Would be a bit different in planes and such where things hit harder though.  

My bst melees the whole fight, generally is at full health at the end, especially with boon of the garou.

My chanter stays pretty much at full health all the time with c2 and SL on.

I was running non-stop in dulak.  Doing the armory I could do almost the entier armory except for maybe 2 or 3 before they started repopping.  Rarely had to pause for mana.  Only had to pause sometimes when I decided to nuke a runner.

At level 52 they seem to die fast enough on run that don't need to nuke anymore.

Berserker spirit goes a LONG way on duoing.  I used it to pl this character as well as several others.  Put together with the 11 DS, slow, and haste can do significant damage no matter what class.

I pl'd the enchanter with my cleric so my enchanter has very good defensive skills and ac compared to most chanters because of pl'ing him up.   Just had to work on casting skills but those are a lot easier to work on.  Got the casting skills maxed as well.

Berserker Spirit is a damn good spell which I think most enchanters under utilitize.  I don't think I've ever seen a chanter in any group I've been in actually use the spell.

Only downfall is that some spells block it, like Fo7, some other str buffs.  But the benefit it gives you in chain casting far outways the loss of the other buff.

Pl'd my monk really fast in CoM with it.

Oiingo

When it really comes down to it, the beastlord is versatile enough to two box with any casting class.  It's only the true melees that get left out when it's time to tear through content.

For me, I'll use the damage shield, ports, heals and AC/HP/mana buffs of a druid.  Just wish I had make a halfling instead of a blind human. :(
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Furbiscuit

Just wanted to add something about 2 boxxing with a wizard. Solving the overnuking is relatively simple once the wizard gets Concussion, a level 39 spell, or Ancient: Greater Concussion a level 60 spell. Tying a macro together that uses both the concussion and the nuke keeps the wizards aggro down quite a bit, and makes doing the 2 box a ton easier. The other way to use the wizard is to have the wizard kite the mob(s) ( their snare is an ae up to 4 targets) and use the beastlord to send in pet and slap a few dots on the mobs while retaining concentration on the wizard.

The other unmentioned downside of the wizard is the multiple nuke types, which do need to be changed up depending on the mob's resists. Oh, and wizards do get a rather crappy damage shield for the beast and his pet.
Journeyman Artisan Furbiscuit Gnomeater
55 Beastlord
Bertox Server

Sorien

Well, I just made my new Magi...Trelo(20 now)....  Seems pretty fun atm & once I get him up to Sarinth's level (BST), I think we will be ripping through content. 

Magi's pet root
Magi's DS
Magi's low maintenance nukes (Especially when on a horse)
Magi's pet heal when out aggro BST pet
Magi's summon items (haste/bandages/etc) for BST & his pet

Bst's self haste
Bst's statistic buffs
Bst's mana regen spells & abilities
Bst's slow spells
Bst's snare ability
Bst's melee ability

Magi's Big ticket/Named MOB solo'ability
Bst's chain pulling DB'S solo'ability

It just seems that these two classes compliment each other down to the T.  Almost all abilities in game are encompassed somewhat in these two classes.  I get excited just thinking about the possibilities.

Not worried much about travelling.  With horses & SOW & COH to zl with magi, travel should be the least of my concerns.  I think this duo will be a powerful one.

Sarinth

Thaeliun

I 2 box a mage/beast a lot and I can confirm that it is a great combo.  I originally made them both with the intent of 2 boxing.  I leveled them both to 30 seperately, then I got them together for their first 2-box combo.  It was a failure.  I pulled 1 DB mob and got an add.  Agro management seemed a nightmare, I couldn't use either toon to good effect and when the fight was over both pets and both toons were low on health and I was so discouraged I shelved them both for quite awhile.

Of course I later learned to love my beast and he quickly became my toon of choice.  After the beast got into his 40s I tried grouping them together again.  This time I basically played as if the beast was solo and I used the mage to assit with pet and occasionally throw a nuke as mana permitted.  This showed itself to be a powerful combo when played correctly so I decided to revisit it after getting my beast to 62 (which is where he currently sits).

My mage is now 56 and compliments my beast extremely well.  I actually prefer this combo to my 63druid/62beast combo and the mage is giving up 7 levels to the druid!.  Despite the loss of druid healing/regen I kill faster and more consistently now with less downtime.  The mage pet always has taunt off because the beast's pet still tanks a lot better, and I trade agro with beast pet as if I was soloing still.  WIth KEI and SP my mage can add insane DPS, almost never wastes mana on his underpowered pet heals, provides improved pet AC, pet haste gear and some handy utility stuff all while allowing me to focus my attention on the beast.  It's nearly as easy to control both as it is to solo!  I can't wait until my mage catches up (meanwhile my beast is racking up the AAs and really coming into his own).

Ueauvan

hmm i might take umbridge at the ranger comment  :x

my main is a ranger with 720 aas 2088ac 11232 hps 8246 mana
my bst alt raid bot has 62 aas and sub 9k hps 1400 odd ac and 6k mana

the ranger can shoot with autofire a no brainer for duoing, after pulling harmo/snare whatever
the bst pet can taunt and tank, it can stun a rng has limited ability to stun and the bst slow dot heal leopard etc

or the ranger tanks with 61 unbuffed hp regen 74 ds and 300 odd dps without nukes and the bst slows and tries to do half that with him and pet  :wink:

dont assume all rangers are walking corpses, the old ones like me are likely to be a little difficult to kill  :-D
Soruden
75th Beastlord, Tunare
75th Ranger, Tunare
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=768906

Fin Beast

I think your issue with the statement is more because you are looking at if from opposite sides. The "review" seems to be written from the view that the beast is your main. If you reversed all your stats and made the Beast the Uber one and the Ranger the alt with leftover gear and few AA's.......

I like my 3 box combo allot Beast/wiz/cleric.

Things drop real fast and I can take on some real hard hitters, the one thing I really miss is tracking, so I have been thinking of starting a ranger on the wizzy account and PLing him up.

Rokath

I'd have to say Ueauvan that your problem is that your beast has low LOW aa's and probably not all of his spells, I'm a 70th beastlord with 350~ aa's and can get into 400-500 dps if raid buffed.

I 2box me and a cleric in PG most of the time(waiting on a spellsheen prism to drop><) get decent aa in there with just 2 split, need to get another for ldr aa's but i generally dont' work on those all too much. ooh and btw I'm 9k unbuffed beastlord.
Wildcaller Rokath
70th Beastlord of Immortal Wrath
Terris-Thule server

Ueauvan

the bst has all but the new fero
he was always designed as a raid bot, our guild had none
i might as well give up my main, only with ts disc can i hit 500+ dps
with melee and triple nuke im lucky to burst at 400 spells and procs inc
how do you manage 500 with limited double attack?
Soruden
75th Beastlord, Tunare
75th Ranger, Tunare
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=768906

Cetathia

Extremely well writen post, and very usefull. I startet 2 boxing when my bst was 65, i made an enchanter and PL'ed her up to 65. After a while PoI got boring so i decided to add a druid, and make it a trio, so that I could move on to PoV and later BoT. One thing i would like to add about boxing the attention demanding Enchanter, is that I allways pull with slow, and when i get back to camp spot i have a hotkey set up on the Enc with assist me and tash mob. Then i just send warder on slowed mob, and slow the add. I let the Enc mez the first mob, that by now is down a few % and pet has good agro. Once the add mob is killed, and the first mob has been re-mezzed upto 2 times, my pet still has more agro then Enc from tash and 3 mezzes.
I decided to add a little fun to EQ, so i began playing up a Halfling Warrior on Enc account. That has been alot of fun, but with the OoW expansion and all, Enc is still sitting at lvl 68 as she is allmost just used as buff char now.
Boxing can be alot of fun, and you never have to sit around LFG for hours without end.

Cetathia - Just a kitty!
Cetathia, Lady in leather!

Bibble

I have 2boxed with a cleric with many classes. Its great for lower levels, but once you get 60+ (with a lot classes, anyways) the lack of DPS becomes a major problem. I used to duo with my brother who was a necro. This is by far the best partner if you're looking for XP/cash only. We would rake it 1AA per hour, and could kill virtually nonstop in PoV and HoH. Many times I 2boxed the cleric in ldons and we would go through them pretty quick with just us 3 pre-60. Of course, boxing a necro would leave the bst to doing nothing but sending pet in as you would have to kite. Being a boxer of cleric/bst+others I recommend going druid or shaman. The heals will be very nice, plus the extra DPS will be welcome.
Predator Bibble Bipp - 70 - Beastlord - Maelin Starpyre(vazaelle)

Lesstor

Great post on a great sub area of our BST forum.

If I may I would like to add a note about the BST/wizard combo.

Pros:
-Low maintenance - just stand up and nuke every once in a while.
-Runner control with snare/root.
-Good DPS with nukes.
-Group ports to save running time.
-Killing mobs is much more efficent, can situationally handle 2 mobs if not resistent to root.
-Avoiding death more often via evac.

Cons:
-Nukes generate a lot of aggro, so you can't overnuke.
-Generally only allows you to kill mobs you can already solo but it just makes the entire process MUCH faster cleaner. This can be seen as a plus or a negative depending on your point of view.

recoil silverclaws

know i allready posted this some place else but this seems to be a better spot for it lol

I two box a necro with my bst and works awsome can take on some camps much easyer then if i did it solo and faster too now to just get my necro caught up to recoil on aa's /sigh only 200 on him atm and climing
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--