Main Menu

2 boxing on the same computer

Started by kattana, June 07, 2004, 09:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kattana

Ok here it goes is it possible to 2 box on one computer. I have 2 accounts but I am wondering how do I cast spells fight 2 at the same time. I would love to be able to do this but my computer skills are not what I would call uber in any way.

I am runing a amd 1.2 and 512 ram.

Coprolith

Should be perfectly doable technically. I've 2boxed on a 1GHz machine with 512 MB memory for over a year with little probs. Had to tone down the graphic settings on the 2nd account, but the main thing is having enough memory.

As for playing 2 accounts at the same time: takes a bit getting used to but once you've got the hang of it you'll do alright (Im currently running 3 accounts on one machine, upgraded tho ;)
You'll want to setup your hotkeys and keyboard shortcuts in a easy way, using your keyboard instead of the mouse when- and where-ever possible helps a lot in improving your response time when switching between your accounts. If your a natural 'mouser', now's a good time to start practising things like using alt-# to cast spells instead of clicking the spell gems.

As for setting it up:
You can either run 2 instances of EQ directly in windowed mode, but if you're using Windows XP you'll have to change some settings using the windows compatibility toolkit (which doesnt come standard with the package). Since you've already indicated that you're not a computer whiz, using EQWindows is prolly an easier solution for you.

You can download that program and find instructions on how to use it at
www.eqwindows.com

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)