Main Menu

Bond of the Wild

Started by Jarori Bloodletter, January 03, 2004, 09:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarori Bloodletter

I went and did this quest tonight , it was a rather easy quest to get this spell..

Get port to Gunthak, run around back of tower/ building, there will be standing a Barbarian named Craegin Coldtongue.. hAIL HIM..FOLLOW ALL TEXT..

He will give you a "stone" you need to take to "a injured Wolf"

The injured wolfs PH is a mob LAYING DOWN in 1 of the tiny huts near and around the "fort".. to get to the "fort" run across to beach take cavern to first left you will run smack into huts n fort..start killing all mobs in huts on RIGHT side.. look for mob that is laying down..he IS the PH for wolf..kill  and wolf will pop..

Wolf is a small one  best to have a tracker with ya if ya can.. <just makes it a bit easier> just hand him the "stone" and wolf hands you back a "collar"..

Take that "collar" back to Caegin and "BAM" spell is yours..

Injoy!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Shadowmistik Darkcat of Veeshan

Magelo http://magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=870676

Hereki

The wolf can pop on either side, and not just in a lying down position.  Personally, I found it easier to kill the first 3 or 4 huts to the left of the entrance, and it usually spawned in the second or third hut along the wall (it's been a while).

Certain mobs may be its PH though, I wouldn't rule that out.

zrais

Did this quest at 50 or 51 (can't remeber  :oops: )

Anyway I was able to solo most of the huts at the entrance to the camp.

safe spot to pull to is to the left of the entrance to cave area.

There is a roamer shammy mob that will sow the mobs you pull and they do run.

I found it best to kill that anoying shammy, then just camped the camp  :lol:

took about 2 hours of camping but got wolf to spawn in the first hut right in front.

Most mobs were LB and Green if I remeber right.

Hereki

Took me about 12 hours of camping at 50/51 :(.  Most mobs then were light blue, with a high proportion of dark blues.

Reaking

Did this quest when LoY first came out.  Dont remeber what l was but mobs were mostly green to me.  Wandered around fort, killed everything, got my troll heads, for ring.  Got the drop for xoomix's charm, and found wolf, and git quite a bit of coin too.
[65 Feral Lord] Reaking (Troll)
Innoruuk
Formerly Yanks Annaed
57th Champion

Skol

Harro!

Finished this one and the Malaria Quest this weekend, solo, as a 54 BL at the time.  Seems like, for the effort, the quests are kinda reversed and the Malaria spell should be awarded for the Injured Wolf theme, the Bonds of the Wild for the powder, but what do I know.

Anyway, I just hauled to the Mines, buffed up at the zone, and proceeded to clear the closest miner and then pull Troll Bruisers when they were near and I had no fear of an add.  My gear is about as high end as the Bazaar can provide, within reason, and those Bruisers would put me down to 40% or less during each encounter, generally less.  I would do the Lethargy pull with a Listless Power backup.  I would generally forego the DoT and try and get a nuke off as fast as possible so that it would refresh around mid-fight, thereby allowing a second cast and refresh for the finish when the thing started its death stroll.  I didnt notice, however, that some of the Bruisers would not run but would duke it out till the end.

I dont knowif Pet Clericing would have been better, but i wanted to max my DPS as quickly as possible before I encountered any problems, such as a wanderer or whatever.  The greatest difficulty I encountered concerned a Bruiser retreating at 20% because, without a snare, they could move a considerable distance back into the mines before I was able to down them.  Certainly the most dicey time of the fight, although the things hit often and generally above 100hp dmg a shot, requiring a full heal and re-med following each encounter.  In retrospect it might have been better two have my two top nukes loaded for when the mob retreated.

Took about 5 Bruisers until the powder dropped.  On the way back I stopped by the Fort, parked the pet against the left wall, and simply cleared the entire side of hut mobs until the Injured Wolf spawned and I could do the turn in.  I found pulling to my warder the preferred method here, but overall this quest took about 30 minutes max for me, where the Malaria one took an hour or two.

All in all, very doable 54+ solo and well worth the time invested.  On a side note, the xp and vendor fodder loot of Tor Mines was pretty good to boot.

/wave

Skol an Baar
Fatty Ogre and his Warder
Scarlet Sun, KB server

Leezard

Just did this quest solo today at level 52. As far as buffs, I only picked up a KEI ahead of time so mana wouldn't be a problem.

When I got into Gunthak, I used invisibility and levitate to cross the water and get to the fort without fighting everything along the way... the west wall of the beach and the tunnel don't have any undead mobs, so invis got me through safely.

When I reached the end of the tunnel, I cleared out the huts in the immediate area, and worked my way left, clearing out each hut as I went along. All the mobs in this area ran at 20%, so I saved my frost shard spell to zap them before they could cause any trouble.

I must have gotten lucky, because I only cleared out 7 or 8 huts before I found the injured wolf alone inside one along the North wall. I checked the /loc of this hut, and it was not the same one given as the spawn point on the allakhazam site, although it wasn't far from it.

I gave the stone to the wolf, received the collar, put up invis and levitate, ran back to Mr Coldtongue, and turned in the collar for Bond of the Wild. Between the two turn-ins, I think I received close to a full blue bubble of experience.

Hope this helps  :D
Sorthak Thakros
53 Iksar Primalist
Magelo Profile