Main Menu

Alacrity vs Affinity

Started by Jatrulak, June 08, 2004, 06:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jatrulak

Has/is there any parses for these 2 AAs, assuming Alacrity is level 3? Not sure what I want to get now to better my pet as a heavy raider.

Tastian

They aren't totally compareable.  Alacrity falls off after rank 3, so I'd max fury before doing anymore alacrity personally if it isn't already.  Affinity helps keep the pet alive first and foremost.  The pet being alive raises it's total damage.  If you are raiding things like sol ro + then there are a lot of mobs with AEs (sol ro, babs, blaz, etc) that pet affinity really helps.  Pet affinity lets pet catch not only MGB heals, but also paladin group heals and radiant cure.  The pet gains very little from +atk buffs so having pred and vigor(tunare) on pet won't really raise his damage all that much.  If you have a bard in group though then pet affinity will be a nice nice boost to damage.  

Don't know enough aboutt your situation to say for sure, but hopefully that helps some.

a_moss_snake_001

My kitty loves Virtue. He is partial to KEI also cos he says it makes him feel good. But he REALLY likes Virtue. It turns him on.

His owner likes not having to /tell cleric_005 "can I beg V for the warder pls?" and getting whines about having to 'waste' a peridot on a pet.

This AA prolly benefits mages more (now their fire pet can grab kei and SD and mana songs) but still pretty *fine!!* for us beasties also.

A pet with full bard overhaste and bard damage shield is rather sick to watch when duoing with a bard in GoD (the mobs don't last long).

I would recommend this AA over the pet flurry unless you happen to be using either of our two pet weapons (SPF and HoTw).

Anyone happen to know if Pet Affinity affects the pets procced by those weps? Imagine a set of procced pets with bard haste/overhaste (since the procced pets dont have haste when summoned) and maxed pet flurry/crit AA's..... that would be rather sick dps to say the least.

Tastian

I've been trying to set up some tests with pet affinity on proc'd pets, but the truth is in actual play the effects would be rather small.  For instance hammer pet is only out for a second or two.  The odds of a bard song landing during that time is VERY slim as song takes 3 seconds to cast and even if it did land the timeweaver pet poofs right after, so haste wouldn't do anything and atk has a pretty small effect on pet damage.  

Now for SPF pets the pet lasts ~10 seconds.  It is possible for a couple bard songs to land during that time, but again in actual play the effects would be much less.  Even if warsong hit just as the proc'd pop appeared it'd still be 3 more seconds before overhaste hit and that's only if overhaste was the next song being sung.  Also it's very common to have back to back to back, etc pet procs.  If the first catchs haste or overhaste from the twist the twist simply won't get back around to land on the pets that were proc'd after the haste song first hit.  

Like I said it depends what you are fighting and how the fights are going for you.  If pet affinity let's you keep your pet alive the whole fight then it's definitely a bigger upgrade than warder's alacirty would be.  If your pet is living through figths ok all the time then warder's alacrity is a dps boost (although again at rank 3 I'd max fury first if you haven't already).

Tastian

Tried a few things tonight and couldn't get any buffs to stick on proc'd pets.  Have pet affinity, but even just trying to cast SV once they appeared resulted in no message at all for my proc'd pet.  Warder got buff nice and clear, but no message at all for proc'd pet.  Leads me to believe bard songs won't land on them either.

Kebrarn

Quote from: TastianTried a few things tonight and couldn't get any buffs to stick on proc'd pets.  Have pet affinity, but even just trying to cast SV once they appeared resulted in no message at all for my proc'd pet.  Warder got buff nice and clear, but no message at all for proc'd pet.  Leads me to believe bard songs won't land on them either.
I know they land on the pet because when bards twist songs i get the most annoying yellow message every few seconds letting me know that the songs have worn off.  drives me crazy!
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

Bengali

Quote from: Kebrarn
Quote from: TastianTried a few things tonight and couldn't get any buffs to stick on proc'd pets.  Have pet affinity, but even just trying to cast SV once they appeared resulted in no message at all for my proc'd pet.  Warder got buff nice and clear, but no message at all for proc'd pet.  Leads me to believe bard songs won't land on them either.
I know they land on the pet because when bards twist songs i get the most annoying yellow message every few seconds letting me know that the songs have worn off.  drives me crazy!

Are you sure those weren't messages from where it wore off your warder?

Tastian is talking about not seeing them land on the pets that proc from weapons.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

"I know they land on the pet because when bards twist songs i get the most annoying yellow message every few seconds letting me know that the songs have worn off. drives me crazy!"

My pets last ~10 seconds, almost every bard song lasts 3 ticks (~18 seconds).  How exactly are you constantly seeing messages of it fading?  I get messages "your pet's warsong has faded" when it fades off my warder.  Just like I get messages when arag's or rellic fades off them.

Kebrarn

Quote from: Tastian"I know they land on the pet because when bards twist songs i get the most annoying yellow message every few seconds letting me know that the songs have worn off. drives me crazy!"

My pets last ~10 seconds, almost every bard song lasts 3 ticks (~18 seconds).  How exactly are you constantly seeing messages of it fading?  I get messages "your pet's warsong has faded" when it fades off my warder.  Just like I get messages when arag's or rellic fades off them.
I was talking about our actual pets, not our proc'd pets.  I supose it might be the bard that I group with alot, but he sings a few songs at a time, and I guess they all can't stay on at once because i constantly see the message that whatever song as just faded on my pet.  Not a huge deal, but annoying.
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

Tastian

Well with how a bard twists and what they do you'll have songs drop sometimes and during downtime most bards will just do chorus so other songs fade.  It definitely can be annoying at first, but I hardly notice now and I'm usually so happy to have overhaste on my pet that I don't really mind the randomly messages for it hehe.