Main Menu

Protection of Calliav

Started by Ukator Iceblood, January 03, 2004, 07:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukator Iceblood

Just a couple of questions for those who have this. Do you use it in normal groups/solo or do you only use it on AE mobs?
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Grymbok

Depends. Lotta help I am, huh? ;)

I always cast Prot Calliav on raids, regardless of whether the boss AEs. There's usually enough time and mana during the prep stages to do so, and it would be a waste to not bother.

Grouped/Solo I tend to cast it if I expect the pet to get hit and I'm not expecting to fight mobs with Damage Shields.

Really the only times I never cast it is in LDoN (it's hard enough to get a group to stand still long enough for me to summon a pet, let alone buff it fully). Otherwise if I have spare mana and time I'll slap it on.
Elder Grymbok Fizzog - 65 Beastlord - Veeshan
Fizbak - 55 Wizard - Veeshan

Juvaris

I only bought the lvl 64 version of it and I can honestly say ive found a use for it like twice.  1st as mentioned above AE ecounters so i dont have to waste mana healing my pet and 2nd when im farming greens and i am just sitting on my Leezard.

Its an ok spell but isnt something you will use too too much
Juvaris Razorclaw
70th Season Beastlord
Bertox

Argach

It's 500 mana and long recast, so I only use it on raids. Anything less than raid AEs the focused pet can easily regen and if I'm pet clericing for some odd reason our heals are far more effecient than the rune.

Laba

Only time i use it is on Raids, its too much of a hassle to be of use in regular groups
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Razimir

This spell is one of the best spell, a highend raiding beastlord can have. The only time, I don't have PoC perma memmed is when I solo and in LDoN.

This is the spell what makes pet usefull in Elemental planes and Plane of Time. It blocks 3 attack of any size (spell damage/melee). It has saved my warder countless times allready. Against AoE mobs it is must to have and PoC usually gives enough time "/pet back off" even when mob has enraged.

Damage shields makes PoC useless. Another case when PoC is useless, is when your pet is tanking. Otherwise it is teh win.

-Raz

Mahes

It's definitely a spell that's more beneficial to the high end raider.

In PoTime, the spell is perma-memmed.  PoC is the reason I can keep a pet up for an entire Time god fight with little mana and attention to healing.

I realized how incredible this spell was when kitty lived through a Quarm.  Not just lived through Quarm, but sat there providing a constant source of dps for the entire fight while the rest of us ducked the AE every 25 seconds.

One of the best spells we have available to us if you're a raiding BST.

totania

Quote from: RazimirThis is the spell what makes pet usefull in Elemental planes and Plane of Time. It blocks 3 attack of any size (spell damage/melee). It has saved my warder countless times allready. Against AoE mobs it is must to have and PoC usually gives enough time "/pet back off" even when mob has enraged.

I love PoC.  During fights where creatures have AE spells, I need to cast a pet related spell once every two times the AE goes off.  Without PoC I have to heal my warder after each AE.

Or, in other words.  My DPS is higher with PoC than without because I cast fewer spells on my pet during a fight.

Member of Night Eternal