Main Menu

Avoidance

Started by Jataan, June 24, 2004, 03:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jataan

Have any studies been done on the effects of Avoidance ?  I Have slowly been amassing items with avoidance and i have noticed marked improvements in my Tanking abilities. My friends have as well and seem to take great delight in throwing me in front of larger and larger mobs. This culminated the other night in my tanking a Vxed farming run which included a fight with Umbiki and Ukun Bloodbeast ( i think that was it's name) Group make up was Bst, Clr, Dru, Brd, Rng, Rng. I died only once when a Mastrug decided there was no way in hell he was going to be slowed. otherwise the expedition went very smooth and there was no real downtime. They remarked that i was not a huge drain on mana .

If anyone can point me in the direction of any Avoidance studies or if our resident mathematical wizards can tell me what they need from me to check this out I'd be very pleased.

Thank you in advance
Jataan Sixclaw
65 Feral Lord
Drinal

Kylaz

Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Jataan

That is an awesome post. But still doesn't answer for me my specific question.

What is the effect of Avoidance:10...20...30...and so forth ?

Is it  1%, 2%, 3% increase in my Avoidance? What exactly is the impact upon me?  I have very high AC for a beastlord, ID5, LR5. In the last 3 months I have added 200 AC and Avoidance: 60 in items, is it the 200 AC or the +60 Avoidance gear that has turned me from a blubbering mass of gelatin when a mob looks at me into a fairly respectable, and somewhat shocked, tanking beastie ?
Jataan Sixclaw
65 Feral Lord
Drinal

Ttony

It was not your avoidance Jataan... but the smell of your wet cat fur! =P

I would love to see some parses of avoidance gear for the amount of it's effect.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid