Main Menu

2 accounts on one machine when the crap hits the fan

Started by Taiglin, June 28, 2004, 08:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiglin

I 2box but have 2 machines, each with their own peripherals. Have thought about moving to 3 boxing but with 2 accounts on one box. How painful is it to switch between instances and manuver around in a fluid environment (adds, train, crawling, etc)? Any tricks?

Have a Druid bot currently and thinking of doing a chanter for #3. Would guess putting the Bst and Druid on the same machine would be the way to go but looking for input on that as well :)

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Zashir Swiftpaw

You might want to check out wineq on sourceforge.  It has the ability to tile up to 4 instances at one time on your monitor.  On my 19" monitor, the images are a bit small for my taste, but it makes switching from one character to another trivially easy.

Lizsolo

I often 2 box on one machine just because for me, and the way my desk is laid out, it is easier.

I have one gig of ram.  I have two copies of my EQ directory on two different drives (minor speed enhancement).  I use EQW because a recent patch is causing me problems with running normal EQ in a window when two are up.

I run my desktop at 1280x1024.  I run the two eq's both at 1024x768 and stack their windows on top of each other.  Then, the one that is more of the bot (in my case a cleric or druid) I de-tune a bunch.  Turn off sound, use old models, low graphics, no sky, etc. etc.  Why have all the eye candy if I'll rarely even look at it?  ;)

Alt-tabbing back and forth takes no time at all.  Literally a tiny fraction of a second. Only thing I have to focus on is making sure I'm holding down alt AND tab together - if I get in a hurry I get sloppy... the tab key is in my target cycle and I suddenly slow my pet. /cough
Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife