Main Menu

Some information from rep boards...

Started by Tastian, June 30, 2004, 06:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

There is still a lot of feeling out going around about how things will be handled exactly and what we can/can't say atm.  I just wanted to let you know that posts have already gone up and been responded to on everything from PvP, to tradeskills, to DoT aggro.  Fizzles and other things have been mentioned too.  However, the two main things I want to just mention for now are...

Focus items -  They are working on some code for how focus items work.  Since it's very easy to just have focus items stop working at a certain level it's obvious they are trying to let the effects continuing working even if at a lower % past 65.  I asked about even a rough time table, so we'd know whether to spend our pp/dkp/etc for an item that might totally lose its value after OoW goes live and they said sooner rather than later.  I do like that they are working on a solution and recognize that just having those items work for 5 levels is rough.  Not to mention all the ornate/ele armor that has effects on it.  

GoD AAs -  They are working on this and looking at the cost of various AAs.  Can't say which AAs or when we might see this come about, but they are atleast looking at the cost/return of them.

I'll update more as I find out more and as I can.  There's been quite a bit of chit chat back and forth already and the discussion portion seems to be going well.  What will actually come about because of this I can't say, but I am actually hopeful atm.  8)

Caali

Probably been suggested before but... For focus items a simple solution would be to shave of a certain % based on the level of the spell cast.

For example DD focus at 30% at 65 would work at
- 28% on level 66 spell
- 26% on level 67 spell
- etc.

That way it would still be useful and at the same time desirable to get the newer focus items that work normally for 66-70 spells.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Lorathir

Hows the top 10 list coming along - I recall SOE saying they were presenting all the classes with their collated lists today?

EDIT

Bleh, nm.

Quote from: AshlanneThe lists will be posted today.  They are coming.

I keep forgetting - I'm on UK time, and it's late here. Guess you guys are having your cornflakes or some such around now. Get Up! The day is wasting!

Tastian

Check the update in this forum.  I have read over the class lists already, but have been told to let the others post them.  Soon as I'm given the ok it'll be reposted over here and we'll be able to comment and work on updating the top 10 list as needed with the information we have.  8)