Main Menu

Weapon Skill Augmentation

Started by Noxdowne Draggout, July 03, 2004, 07:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noxdowne Draggout

Any chance of putting a bug in the ear of the developers about a weapon skill augmentation?

I appreciate that this wouldn't only benefit the Beastlords, but we are certainly a class that is handicapped by weapon choices pre-nodrop.

I think it would be a good idea to have a weapon augmentation via LDoN or one of the coming expansions that would increase a weapon skill to the same skill as our H2H weapon cap.

If it were geared towards a slot 4 or 8 it could be used in lieu of a DD proc which would darn near equalize DPS without fear of DD resists.

Just something about weilding a SoT with a 2hb max skill augment that brings a smile to my face.

The side benefit is that you wouldn't have to give up anything more than a standard weapon augmentation in order to maximize your skill, thus leaving other slots open to replace the weak items currently available to mod weapon skills.

Nox

Tastian

At this point I'd just like to see the caps adjusted up properly.  There's really no reason for it imo.  Also if you put the aug on the weapon then you'd lose the proc.  A simple permafrost proc MH is good for ~5-7.5 dps depending.  Why should beastlords have to give up that much dps just to use one weapon as effectively as others.  You don't see monks unable to flying kick when they use a club hehe.

We'll see what results we get from the devs and then we'll see what options we have.  I personally feel that the higher skill caps is just a simple, logical thing to do at this point in the game and don't feel that beastlords should have to spend LDoN points or AAs or whatever to have it fixed.

Roadkill

Taking this concept further, why shouldnt there be a broader spectrum of ldon purchaseable  augments (and obtainable Droppable god/ldon aug's as well)  in the first place? shielding, aviodance, dot shielding, more damage type's then just the magic aug etc, a variety of choices in this area would allow for further customization of each individual 'toon, and raise the bar gear wise for family type and smaller guilds charecters.
Valakov
"Never tell me the odds!" - Han Solo
Valacorpse  
Roadkill

Tastian

I never got why there weren't both a type 3 and type 7 augs for each of the level IV focus effects throughout the various camps.  Most people are very limited in where they can get certain focus effects and it seemed like a sound idea that most wanted.  *shrugs* We'll see what happens, tomorrow we should hear back on the top 10 list and I'll make sure to update them on the other concerns.