Main Menu

Staying logged in

Started by Rukais, July 03, 2004, 10:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rukais

This is the only PC that I log into this website from.

Each time I log in I make sure to check that little 'keep me logged in' box so that I do not have to keep re-entering my UN and PW each time.

I know it's such a little thing, but for some reason it DOES NOT work for me and was wondering if anyone could point me in the correct direction.  :)
~Rukais Greyclaws

Toln

Sounds like you don't have Cookies enabled, or your browser is blocking them.

If you're using IE6, you can go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy and set the slider to "Medium". That's what I have it at and it works fine for me.

Bengali

I have cookies enabled and I don't change those settings, but every so often I'll have the same problem and the site will refuse to remember that I've logged on even if I check the box.  I can't figure out why.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

JillieMT

True here as well. I will stay logged in for a week or so, then all of a sudden, I will have to log in again...

Ah well... :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Liga

Try deleting your cookie, then relogging into the site with the box checked.  What might have happened is that your cookie was replaced with one that says youre not always logged in to this site.  It seemed to work for me when I was having a similar problem.

Rukais

mmmm cookies...

Will try, thanks guys/gals.
~Rukais Greyclaws

Lithale

You could also check your internet settings.  If you have you set the temp file to a small number, your cookie could get purged.  If you have it clear out your files every so often, that will purge it as well.

-Lith