Main Menu

Pets poofing when you go invis

Started by Alerka, July 06, 2004, 02:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alerka

This makes absolutly no sense to me. Our warders are so integral to our class, it would be like a warriors armor poofing when he gets an invis.

At least fix it to where we can cast see invis on our warders. I know other pet classes hate this as well.

Mindlet

Probably not an issue since they changed pets to non aggro but invising to kill the pet used to be important when pets decided to go exploring on their own.

cougerofeq

Quote from: MindletProbably not an issue since they changed pets to non aggro but invising to kill the pet used to be important when pets decided to go exploring on their own.

Agreed - was the same reason necro pets poofed with FD -  but that was just reversed a few weeks ago, so invs  with pets could/should be next.

Rarrum

There is currently a bug that will let you be invis with a pet, although it's completely pointless. (start casting pet, have someone invis you before you finish casting).  I /bug'd it once, but apparently they didn't consider it important enough to fix.

While I don't mind having to suspend pet to invis, it really annoys me when a random druid casts group invis and there poof goes pet with all it's buffs, or when that bard who's playing song of travel runs up and kills pet.  I don't really see any useful purpose to having invis kill pet nowadays.

Dakat

From what I can imagine...

This will never go away.

Why? You are probably wondering.

Well, Beastlords are the only pet class that can not charm.

Enchanters = charm anything
Necromancers = charm undead
Magicians = charm summoned

others
Bard = anything level 57 and below
Druids = animals
Rangers = animals

Which is the main reason why invisibility is mainly used besides the obvious of hiding. Its the only way to break charm intendedly from the charmer.

Yeah, It sucks. My bard friend does it to me often, on accident.

Will they change it? Heck no, not for one class.  Unless you would want to have an ICON back for your warder? Removing an extra buff slot.

Xalmat

It will never go away. Thats one of the issues with pets thats intented.

Suspend is the only workaround they will give.

[65 Arch Convoker] Sage Xalmat Lunaire (Human) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
[65 Archon] Eiyana Lunaire (Gnome) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
Lead Librarian/Moderator of The Magician's Tower

Lheo

iam pretty sure there will be a suspend minion 3 aa in oow... :wink:

Rhaynne

Quotewas the same reason necro pets poofed with FD

The reason necro pets were changed to despawn after 2 minutes of the necro being FD was to prevent some risk free "exploits" that were going around the late classic/early kunark timeframe.  Basically a necro would FD somewhere at a static spawn and would let the mobs agro on his pet.  Once engaged, the necro would only get up to heal the pet or snare... if at all.

Saranya

Just a FYI...
QuoteWell, Beastlords are the only pet class that can not charm.

Enchanters = charm anything
Necromancers = charm undead
Magicians = charm summoned

others
Bard = anything level 57 and below
Druids = animals
Rangers = animals
Rangers can't charm anything...but they can fear animals.  Shaman have "Befriend Animal" at level 29 though.

I'm hoping for SM3...to allow a suspended pet to zone.  But I won't hold my breath.
Elder Saranya - 66 Beastlady - Luclin Server (on sabbatical)

Khayden

I can't see why we'd need an AA to make suspended pets zone if they're allowing unsuspended pets to zone.  They just need to get enough feedback that it's wanted.

As for invis killing pets, I wish there was a "allow idiotic group members to invis me" toggle I could switch off to prevent me from having to ritually slaughter bards.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Tastian

Hehe it's not just invis.  How many people don't want brells landing on them?  Or SoT, or Virtue, etc.  The pet poofing from invis is more annoying than clicking off one buff and re-asking for another, but lots of people have issue with certain things landing on them when they don't want it.

a_moss_snake_001

I'd be happy with two switches:-

[ ] Block Ranger buffs
[ ] Block Paladin buffs

Strijder

QuoteHehe it's not just invis. How many people don't want brells landing on them? Or SoT, or Virtue, etc. The pet poofing from invis is more annoying than clicking off one buff and re-asking for another, but lots of people have issue with certain things landing on them when they don't want it.

Sure, but can you really compare them?  Clicking off and recasting one spell takes 10 secs, 250 mana maybe.  Resummoning, shrinking, and rebuffing warder takes over a minute and at least 1500+ mana (pet, haste, proc, IoS, regen).  If clerics, wizards or enchanters were bugged and lost 1500 mana at random intervals, don't you think it'd be worth fixing?

Instead of telling ourselves why it can't be done (charm, "they'll never do it", etc), why not try?  It's an issue that affects every beastlord / pet class and that no pet class would complain about it being fixed if implemented correctly.

(edit: added last paragraph)
http://homepages.wmich.edu/~s9stryd/interests/eq/Strijderkat_banner.jpg" WIDTH=423 HEIGHT=180 BORDER=0 USEMAP="#Strijderkat_banner_Map">"Linkhttp://www.beastlords.org">"Linkhttp://www.erollisimarr.com">"Linkhttp://wtlord.servepics.com/UPSGuild/">"Linkhttp://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=495515">

Tastian

"The pet poofing from invis is more annoying than clicking off one buff and re-asking for another"

Like I said in the very quote you quoted it definitely is more annoying and more costly when invis poofs a pet than just swapping buffs around.

"If clerics, wizards or enchanters were bugged and lost 1500 mana at random intervals, don't you think it'd be worth fixing?"

That would be a bug and it would be random.  This is very predictable (happens when someone invis's you) and happens because it is supposed to happen (pet poofs when you invis).  It's annoying, I honestly wouldn't mind if pets stayed up well invis hit especially with all of the changes, but you simply can't compare a functioning game mechanic like pets poofing when master invis's againist a random "bug" that eats 1500 mana from some other class.

Chubaka

Quote from: Tastian"The pet poofing from invis is more annoying than clicking off one buff and re-asking for another"

Like I said in the very quote you quoted it definitely is more annoying and more costly when invis poofs a pet than just swapping buffs around.

"If clerics, wizards or enchanters were bugged and lost 1500 mana at random intervals, don't you think it'd be worth fixing?"

That would be a bug and it would be random.  This is very predictable (happens when someone invis's you) and happens because it is supposed to happen (pet poofs when you invis).  It's annoying, I honestly wouldn't mind if pets stayed up well invis hit especially with all of the changes, but you simply can't compare a functioning game mechanic like pets poofing when master invis's againist a random "bug" that eats 1500 mana from some other class.

What would be cool is if you can cast invisibility on your pet first which would be the "trigger" to allow you to invis yourself without losing the pet.  Of course this is essentially what Suspend Minion does.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088