Main Menu

Pets poofing when you go invis

Started by Alerka, July 06, 2004, 02:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shere Khaan

It's very simple really. They just need an option for pet classes called invisibility Spells:

a) Self only
b) Party member

That would solve that problem.

Shere Khaan

Katsandra

The answer is simple and should be instituted easily.  Invis should be like being transed.  You should have to click yes to allow someone to invis you.  Annoying with bard songs maybe (if icon drops you'd have to click again not each time the song pulsed).  But beats the crap out of losing pet to idiots.   Also should be a setting toggle, "Allow invis without confirmation".  That way non pet classes won't have to be bothered clicking yes.

Bosra

Quote from: XalmatIt will never go away. Thats one of the issues with pets thats intented.

Suspend is the only workaround they will give.

Pets poofing on invis was put in shortly after release to address exploits.  Those exploits are no longer possible with pets being beta-neutral and it should be changed back (IMO)

Zashir Swiftpaw

At one point... can't remember if it was in beta or release... you could cast see invis on your pet to block poofing.  That made a lot of sense to me, since it required action on the part of the caster to enable it.  It was nerfed at some point.

CillianFV

Quote from: Shere KhaanIt's very simple really. They just need an option for pet classes called invisibility Spells:

a) Self only
b) Party member

That would solve that problem.

Shere Khaan has the right idea.  This needs to go in the options page.  When invis drops while running through GoD, the extra time taken to click "Yes" could very well get me killed.
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

cougerofeq

My point was with both FD and  invs - pets used to get agro and you would get no risk exp - that was before beta netrual on pets.  Now niether is an issue and the FD nerf has been reversed already. Precedent for making the change for invis is now there.

I know my fathers druid would like not to loose his DC pets on invs.

Charmed pets and DC pets wont zone when regular pets can - after the next patch right? So since they have a different set of rules maybe the invs change we want would not effect charmed pets?

Never say never anymore, the "vision" is dead and I am personally glad to see it go.

Kinash

To me the logic of the Warder poofing when we Invis is that the Warder can't see us, so it goes back home for some kibble. I think we should be able to keep our Warders if we cast See Invisible on them! If they can see us they should stay by our sides!!!! If SOE thinks that is too powerful they can always make it a high-mana "Pet See Invisible" spell to balance it out.
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

seravok

Hmm ever hear about suspend minion 2 ? , if you need to invis to make a run just supsend pet then bring him out from suspension before you rezone.
Elder http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=744645">Seravok Moonwalker. - Savage Lord 70 Beastlord - Eci Server.

Kylaz

Quote from: seravokHmm ever hear about suspend minion 2 ? , if you need to invis to make a run just supsend pet then bring him out from suspension before you rezone.

Sure, but that's a pain going to riwwi now:

click on BB stone
BB: run
     say nedaria
Nedaria: say natimbi
Natimbi: suspend - invis - run to zone - unsuspend - zone
Qinimi: suspend - invis - run to zone - unsuspend - zone
Riwwi: suspend - invis - run to camp

Basically, at the moment, I prefer having my pet dying...
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Lithale

Casting See Invis on your pet would be a good fix for this.  That way charmers could still break charm.  

-Lith

Kinash

Quote from: seravokHmm ever hear about suspend minion 2 ? , if you need to invis to make a run just supsend pet then bring him out from suspension before you rezone.

Sure I have... but I have more important things to spend my AA's on first. Not everyone is a lvl 65 with a few hundred AA's.... for me, suspend minion is a luxury I won't be able to afford for a while. My point is that players would benefit from  that ability at ALL levels, especially those that can't get AA's yet. We have to look at what can be done for EVERYONE, not just the high end members of our class.
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Sharrien

:evil:
Grouped on a raid yesterday with a bard who kept playing one of his movement songs that has an invis component.  Killed kitty twice before I realized what was happening and smacked him to get his attention.  We really need to NOT have pets poof with invis or we should have a consent window so that if we don't want to be invis we don't have to take it.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Catrika

whats wrong with just having the /pet get lost command break dc charm pets
Catrika D'Vyle 65th Bst - Cazic-Thule

Hrann

My biggest problem with suspending and unsuspending all the time is that bug that makes movement rate buffs stop working after a suspend.  So everytime I unsuspend him I have to mem SoW and recast it.

Meemae

I dont say much here, Read the posts a lot and get helpfull information all the time, but dont say much about the concerns posted becouse for a lot of them they dont effect me yet.  But with pets poofing with Invis that effects all pet classes at every lvl they can get a pet.  And suspend minion is not the answer to fix it,  if you think it is then your only looking at the problem as someone who is allready 65 and dont care about any one else.   The reason they made pets poof on invis is no longer valid and like Necro FD and Shadowknight FD it should be fixed so pets dont poof anymore when your invis.