Main Menu

Pets poofing when you go invis

Started by Alerka, July 06, 2004, 02:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhorse

I totally agree with you Meemae. What good would supend and invis working for any other bst. Like when I buff up dog in PoK and then head to Dulak. I either have to fight my way thru the tunnel in Gunthak or train everything to the zoneline.

I hate training mobs because I have no idea with trouble I may be causing someone else.

cougerofeq

Kinash

Quote from: rhorseI totally agree with you Meemae. What good would supend and invis working for any other bst. Like when I buff up dog in PoK and then head to Dulak. I either have to fight my way thru the tunnel in Gunthak or train everything to the zoneline.

I hate training mobs because I have no idea with trouble I may be causing someone else.

That's why I originally brought it up! I farm the Bloodpriest in Acrylia. To get to him I invis and run past an army of Grimlings. I then bring up my Warder to fight the Minion that can see through Invis. It would be so nice to be able to have my fully buffed Warder up to help incase Invis fades (and it does so all too often). Gunthak is another perfect example of where this is important!
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

a_moss_snake_001

I would be happy if they simply let me zone with a suspended pet. Thats all I need (or want). Then i could simply suspend my pet, invis up and run around wherever I wanted through as many zones as i wish. Simple change. Problem solved.

I don't see the need to de-value this AA which is something many of us worked hard for. If you want the ability to suspend just unlock the Class AA category asap (cost 18 AA) and then buy it for 8 AA's. Why should you get something for nothing that I had to put a lot of effort into obtaining?

Tastian

Suspend minion is PoP AA.  You don't even have to spend points into general to use it.  Simply be 62/64 and you can buy.

Bengali

While a change to the invis rules might "de-value" suspend minion, it would be worth the price to me.   The "main" benefit of suspend was originally supposed to be that you could have a "pocket pet" that you could pull out in an emergency if your first pet got destroyed.  Saving it from invis was another realized benefit, but that wasn't exactly the reason it was put in.  It's especially good for beastlords to have a pocket pet given that it generally takes us more time and energy to get our pets back up to speed.

Being able to invis while having both a suspended pet and a normal one would actually *increase* the value of Suspend Minion during those times when I am in one zone for a long time but I need to invis somewhere.  Right now, I can't have an "extra" pet if I know I need to invis, because I need to save the space so I can suspend a pet when needed.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kinash

Quote from: a_moss_snake_001I don't see the need to de-value this AA which is something many of us worked hard for. If you want the ability to suspend just unlock the Class AA category asap (cost 18 AA) and then buy it for 8 AA's. Why should you get something for nothing that I had to put a lot of effort into obtaining?

Again, it isn't all about the high end game. We need to look at the effect these things have on EVERYONE.... lvl 1-65... not just what a Lvl 60+ with x-number of AA's can do! I agree with Bengali, it won't devalue it, but increase its benefits.
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

hughman

OK, first: I thought that the reason that pets poof when you invis was due to PvP.  I t prevents the exploitation of sicing in pet... then invising so the player can't attack you (unless they can see invis that is).

Second: someone said that invising is the only way to end charm. THis is not true.  You can dispell charm.   I can take some time and you have to plough through all the other buffs on the mob first but you can dispell charm.  Have done it myself.  

Tenosh 65 Bard, 48 (almost to a new pet!) BL on prexus.

Katsandra

My guess is that Sony intends to use the suspend minion while zoning AA as a carrot to co erce us into buying the expansion.  It's their typical deal... we'll do content for this group of folks but to get everyone to pay for it we'll put in this ability that you must be level 66 to get.

I still can't get past the first zone in GoD.  I'm not buying OOW if all they have there for me is carrots.  Perhaps they haven't noticed but kitties are carnivores.