Main Menu

Quick little update (7/9/04)...

Started by Tastian, July 07, 2004, 07:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

I'm still waiting on a response to the DW issue, but here's the update on the class lists.  Read it over, leave some comments, at the end of the weekend I'll start updating the list and getting more input from yous peoples and the other board.

"
Before I post your updated list I would like to give you a little bit of information on the notes I have made below each item.

Currently being evaluated – This means that a few of the development team members are looking into ways to implement the item.  This does not guarantee that the item will be implemented; however we may see changes made in the future.  The Community Team plans to give updates on these types of items every 2 weeks, even if it's just a "no change since the last update"

Currently being discussed – This is almost just like being evaluated however these items the development team is totally undecided if they want to implement or how to do so.  The Community Team plans to give updates on these types of items every 2 weeks, even if it's just a "no change since the last update"

Done – This means that the development team has implemented this item and it's currently on live servers.

Currently on Test server – This means that the development team has implement this item and it's currently on test server, watch for future updates for implementation on the live servers.

This one I need your help on – This means we don't have enough information to make any type of decision on how to implement.  Threads will be started by me to get your feedback.

No changes planned at this time – This means that the development team has decided at this time not to implement this item.

Items that are marked done will be removed from the top 10 issues lists and you as a class will be able to replace those with new issues.  Watch for posts on this in the next week, your class correspondents will be helping SOE update your top 10 issues lists with these new items.  If your top issues list was less then 10 issues to begin with you will be able to add more issues.

You as a class will have the option to replace items that are marked as "no changes planned at this time" with new items or leave them on the list.  Please understand that leaving them on the list does not mean that they will eventually be implemented however it does mean that the class as a whole still feels that these are valid issues and would like implementation eventually.  One thing to note, we will not be responding to requests as to why something is classified the way it is.

This post will be locked and updated bi-weekly.

--

Beastlord -

1. Fix Pet shrink (should have the ability to shrink 3 times)

Currently on test server

2. Increased skill cap on weapon skills

Currently being evaluated

3. Add Beastlord only weapons

4. Improve pet speed so they can keep up

5. Add an AA that allows a suspended minion to zone

Pet zoning is currently on test server, there are no plans at this time to allow a suspended minion to zone.

6. Improve warders similar to what mage's received

No changes planned at this time

7. Add an AA that gives an extra attack with 2HB weapons

This is something that will be considered in future expansions

8. Improved pet heals

9. Allow Hobble of spirits, to stack with ALL pet proc buffs

10. Allow the Feral swipe AA to work in PvP and it doesn't offer any advantages

Currently skill abilities do not work in PvP.  This is a bug and it is currently being worked on, the development team hopes to have this fixed soon.

Ashlanne Barefoot
Sony Online Entertainment

~Norrath - Where I kick off my shoes and run in bare feet!!
"

Goretzu

I'd hope 'currently being evaluated' for weapon skill caps means genuinely being thought about (as it can't take that much to change them in a programming sense).

I'm certainly hoping for a quicker answer on this issue as there are many reasons for upping 1 or more skill caps and about the only reason not too is simply that SoE don't want to do it.

After all there a no issues with BL weapons skill being equal below L50, so I can't see what issues there really could be with 1 or more being equal right up to L65 (and beyond).
All the H2H cap does really is artifically limit BL selection, which really only means casual BL's spend more PP in the bazaar for their weapons and raiding BL's spend more points whilst raiding (or they take an damage hit).

BL's wouldn't be anymore powerful, they'd just have more choice.

Katsandra

I'm a little confused about how they got the top ten list...

I didn't see anything about pvp or improving 2hb during the discussions and the ability to click off pet buffs isn't on the list?  I thought that one was pretty universally wanted.

Dummkopf

Nothing special about PvP i think however about your 2hb question:
Quote2. Increased skill cap on weapon skills
and
Quote7. Add an AA that gives an extra attack with 2HB weapons
so they work on it.

Tastian

After the patch on patch this week i'm going to put up a new top 10 list and some of the options others have mentioned.  I'll post on other boards too, then after a few days I'll show you the updated list before I pass it back onto SoE.  I really think the weapon skill caps just need to be changed.  I'll write up a little explainations and maybe use some quotes from the thread that others have offered.

Katsandra

Thanks Tastian.  I think what I was really asking (man I'm not good in the morning) is if there were other boards where I could be looking to see what folks are thinking.  

could you list what all boards you're talking to when you put up the post patch update?

Thanks,

Kasa

Katsandra

Thanks Tastian.  I think what I was really asking (man I'm not good in the morning) is if there were other boards where I could be looking to see what folks are thinking.  

could you list what all boards you're talking to when you put up the post patch update?

Thanks,

Kasa

Tastian

Strigori

no mention of agro? that seemed to be on alot more peoples lists than pet speed or an extra 2hb swing
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Rhaynne

The list above was the original list that was compiled on the EQ Beastlord forums - not the same one we worked on here.

The issues we compiled were more current and will likely be what Tastian submits for the next list.

Tastian

Yes.  What I'm going to do is put up a revised list based on information from the boards here and there for wednesday well the patch is going on.  I'll swap  I'll bump up weapon skill caps and add aggro issues.  I'll also have a list of other possible things to add to the list and possibly set up seperate threads to address how we want certain issues covered.  Such as feral swipe.  It's low damage, still has range issues, etc.  Do people...

-  Still want it on the list
-  Want the damage raised
-  Want to see a DEaggro component added to it
-  Other

Something like that.  Some of the issues are pretty clear from all the threads here and there, but others I'd like some clarification on and to see where others stand.  I figure by wednesday we'll be certain how well the pet zoning and other changes are working and during patch most usually browse the boards some anyway, so should get a fair amount of feedback.  Then this friday or so I'll pass the revised list along.

Bananea

Holy crap DEAGGRO on Feral Swipe would be a great idea and I feel ashamed that I didn't think of it :(

Bheran

At the risk of sounding like a flippin parrot - deaggro on it would be a great idea.
Bheran Feralblood & Dernit
Wildcaller and the best damn dog on Inny
Innoruuk server

Liga

I agree with the above two posters.  And I dont have the aa yet.

Zurash Kittenclaws

I would be happy if it did no damage at all, but had a good sized dose of agro reduction on it. That would allow us to go a little more full on with our other DPS tools, dots/nukes etc. :)
Elder Zurash Kittenclaws - 70 Beastlord - Lanys T'Vyl Server