Main Menu

ugh - 30 - 39 - where for best exp?

Started by othanic talnoache, July 14, 2004, 02:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

othanic talnoache

I have been 2-boxing a cleric and bst.

Cleric is PLing the BST (cleric is 52) and healing/buffing as needed.

I went to PC from 4-17; Unrest frim 17-28; and have been in Kaesora from 28 to currently 36.

I am down in the library section killing all the xalgoz guardians, and skeletons etc (highest lvl mob in dungeon cept for Xalgoz himself) and exp has slowed WAY WAY down - primarily because of the time it takes to kill the mobs.

My routine is:
Slow
Poison DOT
Disease DOT

then melee to death with pet.

I get about 1-2% exp per kill now - and perhaps I amjust spoiled, but I am looking for someplace I can do this 2box routine for better exp.

Any suggestions?  I believe right now the biggest inhibitor to my DPS is my pet is such a low level, he rarely hits these mobs, and his proc does absolutely no damage on them anymore.

Thanks!

JillieMT

Welcome to our boards!

Please utilize the appropriate section to find the info ya need! No one ignores the lowbie hunting forums, we love to help! :)

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=23
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Khayden

The levels immediately before a new warder are definitely tougher than those just after.

1-2% exp per kill sounds pretty good to me.  That's 75 kills per level.  I think you're just noticing that leveling gets slower the higher you get.

With a cleric looking after you, soloing in DL on some of the weaker mobs might well be an option that yields more XP.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Tastian

Kaesora has a nice exp bonus, so it'd depend a lot on kill rate if you could go faster elsewhere.  Since you've got a cleric with you likely you don't have much for downtime.  If you wanted to try another spot check out JPF basilisks or maybe even the tizmaks in GD.  Both are super fast repops and you never come close to running out of mobs.  They might be a little better for you, but I'm honestly not sure these days.

Taiglin

Beach in Gunthak with a little war braid farming in OT for your gate hammer. Did that with my Bst/Dru combo. With that combo you might also try out the grimling caves in TM. Don't have to worry about health and the loot is nice. Bring empty bags though.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

othanic talnoache

Ya know - one thing I could do is buy some damage shield potions - would make things go much faster I think.

Right now as weapons go - I am using:
Sebilite Croaking Dirk and Zekhas' Katar I have a Stave of Shielding to keep 1hb maxed as well.

Think I might give the Gulf of Gunthak a try since they have a stone that takes you their easily now.

I have been giving my hand-me-down gear from my monk (main) who is 65 - so I have some nice gear for my level (unbuffed ~750 AC and ~1700 HP give or take).

Thanks for the info!

JillieMT

Well, its VERY boring, and everyone seems to do it, but...

Dawnshroud Peaks until 39. Just plant yourself around the middle and kill zelniaks as fast as you can. Probably still only going to get 1-2% each, BUT you can just mow em down almost non-stop.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Gilik

What I am trying to do is solo wolves in the great divide. It is going pretty well and the experience is nice, but there is a bit of downtime in between fights and the risk of adds is pretty high. I haven't tried this with any buffs from pok (only stuff I can cast myself) but it goes pretty well.

I do have a question about kaesora. Being an Iksar, I grew up very close to here, but I've only ever gone in the immediate entrance. It seems the only way to get in is to fall down a cliff I have no way of jumping back up, once I fall will there be another way to get out other than levitate or a spell (gate, port, etc.)? Also, is there a risk of monsters summoning me in this zone?

Thanks for the help, this is my first post here. I must say I like the site very much and will be returning here often.

Hereki

Nothing in Kaesora summons.  Very few mobs under level 50 summon at all.

If you have a map, you can see that there is a lengthy route that roams around Kaesora to get back out.  This is obviously a problem if you can't safely kill the mobs along the way.  There is also a mix of live and undead along the path, although in clear sections, so apart from the spiders at the drop down, you can use invis and ivu to move around.  Some spiders see invis - people say that this is rare, but I always seem to get them.

Gilik

Alright, that's good news. I think I'll head there as soon as this patch is done updating. I tried sk/infected paw last night, but I found it tough not being able to snare.