Main Menu

Possible changes for Feral Swipe...

Started by Tastian, July 14, 2004, 05:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kivuli

I bought Feral Swipe for the added DPS (such that it is), so I'd like to have it remain a DPS skill. What I'd like to see is a higher minimum damage and bump up the accuracy for the love of Sha! I wouldn't mind it missing as much as it did if it refreshed as quickly as kick does, but a minute refresh means that on most days I miss for ten minutes, then hit for 40, then miss for seven more minutes, then hit for 130, then miss for eight more minutes, then hit for 97, etc.

As for deaggro...*scratches his head*...I really don't know what you guys are referring to? Maybe I just don't DoT as much as I should, but I never have aggro problems in groups or raids with melee and spells. Given that I tank a lot for guild groups and frequently offtank mobs during our raids, the last thing I need is less aggro.

sierf

I believe it should stay a dps tool. A de-aggro tool would be nice, but not on feral swipe. You get feral swipe for the damage it's supposed to do. Besides adding the steady stream of aggro loss to an ability like that would make maintaining aggro when I need I'd prefer another way to reduce aggro. An aa or ability to wipe a bit of aggro or maybe it could give aggro to my warder... just something to control aggro. Feral swipe itself should be looked into though. There is absolutely no reason it should ever do less damage than kick.
Sierf
Son of Cazic

Tastian

One thing I see a lot of people misunderstanding is the DEaggro part of feral swipe.  People are not saying "add DEaggro to feral swipe and beastlord aggro issues are done".  It's one part of the solution.  Obviously feral swipe is available to only 65 beastlords and many have aggro issues before then.  

Feral swipe definitely needs some attention, but I think the lowered reuse time goes very much againist how feral swipe was intended.  It's a one shot, big damage (hopefully lol) swipe.  This could help with runners, when bursting with disc, and doesn't require the spam clicking that makes some beastlords not use kick (yes they exist).  The main reason the reuse timer is such an issue is because the skill simply misses a lot and does lower damage a lot.  It averages out to less damage than kick even in ideal situations and some that have the skill just don't bother with it currently.  If feral swipe had a min damage, landed a bit more often, had an acceptable range on it, then I don't think you'd see as many people concerned with the refresh.

SilvermaeneRZ

I dont think feral swipe as a deaggro effect is the answer.  I can control my aggro just fine in melee.  its when I have to do some form of ranged kill that the poison dots just up and smack in the rear with aggro.  Id prefer to see feral swipe be pure dps and maybe increase the hit rate or reduce the damage spread, Either or would make me happy.

Rakarr

I also would prefer for this not to have a deaggro effect. I don't tend to have aggro problems and when I want aggro, I want to keep it, and not have to cut back on DPS to maintain it by not using this AA due to some added aggro reduction effect. In agreement with the last poster
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=973008" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rakarr
67 Beastlord
Drinal

Eatbugs

Hm, I don't really think we need a deaggro ability.

On the other hand, I see no reason to get Feral Swipe as it stands.  Making it a more reasonable dps upgrade (and increasing the range) might work - if it has to replace kick/slam I wouldn't complain, as long as it did more damage than the combination of kick and Feral Swipe does now.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Xarilok

Quote from: kukana
FS1 - High Damage replacement for Kick
FS2 - High Damage replacement for Kick that never misses
FS3 - High Damage replacement for Kick that never misses and has the stun effects of slam
FS4 - 20% chance to double FS, otherwise same as FS3
FS5 - 50% chance to double FS, otherwise same as FS3

We're a DPS class, this'll let us DPS more-better  :D

I love this idea.

Also, make each level available at 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, and 65 respectively.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.