Main Menu

Annoying people

Started by Dasquid, June 18, 2004, 12:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasquid

So I was in Karnor's earlier today, soloing mobs close to the zone, passing time waiting for friends to log on. Now I remember when I leveled my first character there, there was no way anyone under at least high 40's would get a group there, and in many cases you wouldnt get a group if you were below 50.

Today, I get some level 41 warrior (only the 2 of us in the zone at that time) spamming me with group invitations. Even after I told him I was just gonna solo for a while. Invites me, I decline, invites me again, I decline, ooc's "come on lets group", this guy was lower level than my warder, 15 levels below me,  it was pretty clear I didnt need the help. Why isnt some people just dont get it? If that wasnt bad enough a few minutes later a 36 Paladin shows up and starts oocing lfg. At 36 I wouldnt even take him in a group in DL, let alone Karnor.

Am I the only one who finds this annoying?

Mindlet

Dakat

All mobs outside KC except the Ravishings are level 34 to 37.  Perfect for a mid 30s group.

Most mobs in KC, near the entrance are level 39 to 44. Perfect for that level range group.

Way back when, when you had level 56 people hunting there, they were way to high for the mobs there. Since it was basically the only good exp hunting/group hunting spot, it was always crowded.  

I put 5 characters through that place when it was in its prime. Each character was at max faction, can't get any worse.

Having someone  that low in your group would have only done one thing really, given you more exp per mob. Even if it was only for a short period of time.  Even someone that low can contribute damage, allowing you to kill more over in the same time span.

The Kittenpeeler

Shoulda offered a duel - If he can beat your pet, you would group with him.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=872119">http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/Kittenpeeler/Sarthasig.jpg>

Lorathir

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call

The Ebay Zone.

Hrann

I'll agree with Dakat.  When I went through DL early on, it was mid 30's.  Once people started moving up into the 40's they started venturing into KC.  41 is on the low side for KC but not nuts.  36 probably isn't high enough, but it's perfect for DL.

The real problem there was that the guy was a jerk.  Asking for a group once is ok, but after that it is just a nuisance.

Kashmiir Battlekat

Also try to remember that Mudflation of equioment has made your average mid-30's character far more powerful then when Kunark/Velious was released.

What was impossible yesterday for a level 30 may be possible today due to the overwhelming ease at which people can purchase 'decent' gear for cheap in The Bazaar.

Gourgeous George

Out of curiousity, has anyone seen Benga and his 3 level 65's? I would've thought this would be the perfect opportunity for him to add his view on leeching xp to 65?

<snickers>
Gourge
67 Feral Lord of Undivided Faith
Drinal

"Please note, no pets or cute fluffy animals were killed or injured during the filming of this picture. That all took place after the cameras stopped rolling."

JillieMT

Quote from: Gourgeous GeorgeOut of curiousity, has anyone seen Benga and his 3 level 65's? I would've thought this would be the perfect opportunity for him to add his view on leeching xp to 65?

<snickers>

Oh lord, I almost fell out of my chair laughing... and you stole my post idea...  :P
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Xarilok

Lol, a level 36 isnt even high enough to group with a 56, heh.  Last I checked, it was level x1.5, so a 36 could group with a 54 or below.

You said you were 15 level higher than a 41, so you would have been 56.

should have invited the pally, would have added DPS, and not affected the exp you get at all, hehe.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Tastian

"should have invited the pally, would have added DPS, and not affected the exp you get at all, hehe."

I've done this on so many occasions only to find that even if the person were tripling my exp it wasn't worth being stuck in their presence.  I've had sooooo many silly things happen when I was too nice and went "ah heck sure ya can join, WHATS THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN"

Well let's see things that have happened to me from inviting people I didn't need to just leach exp well I cleared a camp...

-  Trained

-  Ninja looted

-  PETITIONED!!

-  Nother one for the /ignore list

-  Died (nothing better than dieing in a spot you've spent days solo'n in with no problem once you add some "help")

hehe seriously some crazy stuffs.  I was once farming TS items, let someone else join to leach exp and at the end they petitioned me because I didn't give them a split of the TS items even though I let them have every other coin/item that dropped lol.

ghostryder

Well, to me it really doesn't matter if he added or substracted from my XP- I never use that as a standard for inviting or not inviting someone- but what I do use as a standard is how I feel like playing at that particular time-

and if I don't feel like grouping that should be good enough reason for anyone- if they insist on bugging me it only mounts up to even more reason not to invite- and by that time I'm no longer thinking there's a guy playing that toon, but an ill mannered child - and all the trappings that come along with it.

Frankly, there's a group tool in game that works like a dream, and you can easily activate LFG when one feels like it- if that tag is not above their head then they are not looking for a group- simple as that.

Leatherneck

Not to mention that a warrior/beastlord combo's not all that great to begin with.