Main Menu

Omens of War is coming out?

Started by rraane, August 02, 2004, 10:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rraane

Okay I am annoyed they are bringing out Omens in Sept! GoD is still not fixed! The zones are way too hard and the risk to rewrad ratio is just not there for me! Why would I want an expansion that expands on an already crappy zone area?

Rraane

Oneiromancer

Well...not totally disagreeing with you...but OoW is a sequel to GoD in story only...I believe the zones will be accessible from the main EQ zones (they can't force you to buy GoD in order to get to OoW zones), and it has been said to be a much more "levelling" expansion...that there will actually be a progression of difficlulty between the zones, with reasonable places to hunt, and very few locked/flagged zones.

Of course, the reality may be as bad as you are implying.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Dummkopf

They gimped god so much that its actually too easy for some zones (kt for example). Other zones are still not completely debugged so they released it about 4 months too early. I really hope they develop OoW completely and not after its live.

Liga

No one is killing the "end zone" mobs of GoD with any regularity yet(if at all).  Why would releasing an expansion now make any sense?  Shouldnt they wait until Tacvi is being farmed a bit?

JillieMT

Remember, GoD was intended for 65+ levels too... the level cap was supposed to have been raised then. So, with the level cap raise in OoW, GoD will actually work as intended now. :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Aneya

GoD is getting way to easy, why just last night a mob in Natimbi, a dark blue for that matter couldn't hit me for more than 136 damage total. Even Grieg's End mobs hit me for more than that.

Caveat they still hit like a mack truck sometimes.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Oneiromancer

Quote from: LigaNo one is killing the "end zone" mobs of GoD with any regularity yet(if at all).  Why would releasing an expansion now make any sense?  Shouldnt they wait until Tacvi is being farmed a bit?

Yeah, as Jillie said, GoD was intended for people that could advance to level 70.  GoD and OoW should very much have been one big expansion, as it is, I see GoD as the raiding half of the one expansion, and OoW as the progressive part (especially since they've said that OoW zones won't have much flagging/keying required at all).

Game on,

Skanda

I kinda hope they pump GoD back up once they have the lvl 70 introduced into the game.

Urim

QuoteI kinda hope they pump GoD back up once they have the lvl 70 introduced into the game.
I really hope they do. They went way overboard with gimpifying everything.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Ukator Iceblood

OoW seems to be coming out Sept 14th. I would guess Tacvi will have been beat at least once by then. I'm just curious on when beta will start for it.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Larku

OK so becouse some high end raiding guilds are having problems with bugs or something else in GoD, Nobody should be allowed to get OoW. That sounds pretty selfish to me.
I really dont care about GoD dont go there much and I am really looking forward to OoW and was alittle upset when they pushed the release date. but dont push it again OoW should have something for all not just High end guilds

rraane

I am not saying that high end guilds are having trouble in GoD. As a regular player I was having trouble playing in GoD zones! I have found the risk to reward ratio of being there a problem, most the risks are not in line with the rewards.

I would like to be able to get up to lvl 70 but at the same time I don't have any of my GoD spells and wonder if I will be able to even get my OoW spells!

To me they have no fixed GoD and they seem to be releasing OoW really soon after GoD, a bit early for me to be paying $30 for another expansion.

It just seems GoD is seriously broken. I am not feeling very positive about OoW since they released an expansion that had soooooo many problems!

But I guess all the expansions have had problems, but still...

Rraane

Oneiromancer

From the main EQ boards:

QuoteOmens will be a more open expansion with content for characters of 45 and up, with only one zone that requires a flag.  So expect areas for pick up groups and more open content.

Brenlo Bixiebopper
Community Relations Manager

Now to your concerns...

Quote from: rraaneI am not saying that high end guilds are having trouble in GoD. As a regular player I was having trouble playing in GoD zones! I have found the risk to reward ratio of being there a problem, most the risks are not in line with the rewards.

GoD was tuned for level 70 characters.  They screwed up.  But with OoW we will be level 70.  That will make a slight difference.

QuoteI would like to be able to get up to lvl 70 but at the same time I don't have any of my GoD spells and wonder if I will be able to even get my OoW spells!

I assume you're a beastlord, since you're posting here.  I don't really care that I'm missing the GoD spells, since they really would not change my playing that drastically at all.  Those beastlords who do have access to the spells generally don't care much either.  As for the OoW spells, since the level cap is being raised expect the spells to be similar to PoP spells: a nodrop item that you turn in for a sellable scroll.  GoD spells are different because the level cap didn't change...just like LoY and LDoN, where the spells were all nodrop and you actually had to get them yourself.

QuoteTo me they have no fixed GoD and they seem to be releasing OoW really soon after GoD, a bit early for me to be paying $30 for another expansion.

It just seems GoD is seriously broken. I am not feeling very positive about OoW since they released an expansion that had soooooo many problems!

Valid concerns.  I think most of us are optimistic that the recent changes indicate that Sony is listening and trying to make an enjoyable expansion for everyone.  Time will tell.

Game on,

Bengali

It sounds to me like you haven't been there recently, then.   Mobs have been toned down a whole lot, spells drop a whole lot more frequently, drops in the the earlier zones are significant upgrades for non-raiding players, and things overall are way more forgiving than they were on release.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Liga

Ive done the whole GoD thing thru the Ikk raids back in February and also doing it today.  Granted, the people I do it with are better geared now, but the trials are much easier.  It used to be next to impossible to do an Ikk trial with a knight but I just did one two days ago with a pally as the tank(he has 9k unbuffed).  Back in February(when I was a cleric main) it took two of us clerics to do the trials with a 9k unbuffed warrior.  Now that the warrior can be replaced by an equivilant knight, Id definitely say that its easier.

And as a side note, I can and have tanked in sewers plenty.  This wasnt thought of pre-tuning.