Main Menu

Are warders using non H2H weapons correctly?

Started by Silverblade-T-E, July 19, 2004, 11:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverblade-T-E

*mage here*
I've heard rumours, or oddities in parsing regarding various pets since the big patch, and wonder if anyone can confirm or disprove this? :)

The suspicion is that again, pets without the proper weapon skills, are not using weapons given to them correctly, thus their melee is poor.

So has anyone checked that say, a warder armed with mage summoned swords, or piercers, is performing correctly?

Maybe jsut a rumour based on the old screw up with warders H2H versus 1hs skills etc, but...you never know what a patch may break!

JillieMT

For several days I have been hitting Runri in Droga. I give Cody one Kunzar Kujuch (1hs war only engulfing darkness proc) and one mage summoned sword and set of toys.

I have been exclusively playing pet cleric fighting runri and his ph's, and have experienced no problems at all. I have not parsed it, but he is tanking just fine with those weapons.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Tastian

Beastlord warders have been using all weapons properly for awhile.  I haven't noticed or seen any drops in dps from slashing warders verse biting or clawing ones, but I wasn't really looking for it either.  I can run some quick tests and if something is off I'll post back.

Silverblade-T-E

Tastian,
Cool :)

Not a problem to me, but heard a few folk say they've seen oddities with pets since pathc but nothing for sure, or widespread.

ghoulish

Hi all,

Hate to ressurect an old thread but what I wanted to ask is related to the OP's question... I've heard our warders have weapon skills now so does that mean they will indeed hit better with H2H weapons as I've heard? Has anyone done tests to see if they do hit better with certain weapon skills?

Dumpty

If you were to ask someone with show eq they would tell you that your pet is a warrior class mob.  Wether or not thats relevant to their skill in any particular weapon i know not.  Regardless afaik all classes now have the same caps in all weapon types, i do not see why pets would be different.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Tastian

It'd save me so much time if people actually had reason to question things like this.  I mean I disproved this 2? 3? years ago on the old boards lol.  Anyway, no the weapon type means nothing to our pet.  I parsed weapon with slash weapons a couple weeks ago to test weapon equipping and last night I had a pet, then it got mage wands/mask, then it died and I made a new pet.  Dps figured for both crush and bite were extremely close considering I was paying 0 attention to mob position and pet had a haste mask while it was crushing, but not while it was biting.   *shrugs*