Main Menu

PLing a young BST (currently lvl 22)

Started by Yiktiki, July 19, 2004, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yiktiki

Ok... I have recently moved my chars all around to play with RL friends.  I have my 65 bst, and a 2nd acct with my 35 dru.  My friends have some 65 toons, and some 33~ toons.  I was playing the Druid, but want to PL her up to 65 to be my pocket druid when fartin around w/ the 65 group, so I am PLing up an Iksar Beastlord to play with the 30s group.  I have managed to PL pretty fast with my crumby lvl 29 DS and heals n such, but its kinda slow going with 12hp per hit.  I will probably burn the Druid to 39 and start again, but thats another story.  I am trying to figure out the most potent XP spots to get the Iksar to 34.  What I need is:

* lots of mobs nearby (less time pulling/moving, more time getting xp)
* don't hit too hard
* don't necessarily have the most HP
* indoors with a PHAT xp bonus, this is an Iksar after all

I need an XP farming spot that lets me sit on my butt, pulling with nukes/dots, but able to get lots on me at a time.  The more hitting me, the quicker they all die.

I think my plan is to head to SolA, maybe the Window room?  I know I can stay in Paludal til 25ish and just chew up Phlarg Fiends, but considering other options that might be faster (these guys are starting to LB on me.)

I am looking for you PLers out there that have done the journey recently, what the spots with the most bang for the buck to get through the 20s?

Incidentally, if you know a fast way to PL a druid to 65 using a 65 beastlord, by all means chime in, or at least PM me with your great idears, I want start playing with that Duo combo.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Hereki

Low level PL zones:

Paludal: 4-22.  Move around for the bugs, shiknar and fiends.  You can use a bandit camp to get to 25, but I wouldn't want to displace any non PLers from their camp.

UGuk: to about 30, I think.  At the back near ancient croc camp.

SolA: 22-39.  Gnomes from 30.  I tend to pick the barrroom before then.

Paw (not sure of levels, probably 22+), Gunthak (30+, but too crowded atm), Mistmoore (20+, but probably also crowded).

All have a big ZEM, lots of mobs, and low hp (apart from Gunthak, and Paludal to a degree).  However, using them for PLing depends on you having access to a char on a separate account with good healing, and snare/root.  If you have to use a lower level healer, then expect to start higher and finish higher in these zones.

Hereki

For the druid: assuming you are starting from 35; get some wis/mana gear, any FT you can afford, and find a clarity bot.  Cast SL/SR/SP according to levels, and clarity.  Take druid to Iceclad and quad cougars, gnolls and/or wolves.  That gets you to 42 easily.  Once you pass the first couple of levels, you can take 8 or more at a time, that's why you need the mana pool and regen.

If you need more to get to 43 and grouping with 65, quad ulthorks at the north coast of EW.

After that, hit Nurga grouped with the druid, clear tier 1/2 until 50/51, then move deeper and deeper.  At 55, PoN; if you want, at 58 try PoV, then PoS at 62 if you aren't afraid to charm.

Yiktiki

Well I feel like a moron for not just sickin the pet on stuff.  I mean, I know I could kill after 50%, but I just wasnt... maybe I thought I was teaching myself to quad better, school of hard knocks, stuff like that.

Just did an evening (3 hrs) or quadding Cougars, take em to 40ish then killing w/ big bst & kitty.  Saved tons of mana, got about halfway through 36, but need sleep now.  I think I am gonna do GD for a bit to get faction up for dragon hunting later (or the shawl if i feel masochistic.)  I will be busy from thursday on, so I will try to get as close to 39 as I can get...

... er, I didn't touch the lvl 22 beastlord tonight though.  I am thinking SolA though probably.  I want the Druid to 39 so I get a better DS first though.  Thanks for the tips, feel free to keep em coming.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server