Main Menu

Pet aggro on Mobs

Started by baatduk, July 20, 2004, 05:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baatduk

Has anyone ever seen a pet, low in health, pull aggro over a PC?  I was given this as a reason to kill off my pet and not be able to use it on a raid the other day.  I had never heard, nor seen this behaviour and I would like to see if anyone else has.

Thanks for your time.
Baatduk

Tardar

I don't think I have ever seen it happen.

Coprolith

Can't recall ever having seen that either. Not that that means anything because my pet seldomly bites it before me. It does work the other way around tho. If my pet is offtanking and my own mob is low on health, he'll turn to my mob. If one NPC can turn on the other because of low-health, I'd expect the same be true in the other direction. A necessary condition would be that the pet has to be on the other mobs hate list in the first place of course.

Again, I don't recall ever seeing it, but it may very well be true.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

JillieMT

Nope, never seen that.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Bengali

Never seen it.  Various pets on raids are always going enraged (i.e., low health) and I haven't ever seen one pull aggro from a PC that was within range.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Nimbin

I had a situation come up in BoT Towers last night where invis popped and my group was instantly aggroed by 4 mobs or so.  Most everyone was running ahead of me so I was the only to get aggro.  I kept running a bit while my pet instantly took off toward the mob that had hit me.

All the unslowed kriegers and what not immediately started beating on my pet, it quickly dropped down to engrage and had just a sliver of health when I moved back into the middle of the 4 mobs.  All 4 mobs stopped attacking my pet and started attacking me.  Even after engrage wore off, all the mobs still continued to whack away on me.  I was able to disc protective and get a few quick heals while my pet stayed at minimal health the whole time (probably around 2% or so, I couldn't really see any green or red in the health bar).  

As long as I (or someone else) am in melee range I have yet to see my pet pull aggro from me or another PC due to low health.

baatduk

Thanks all, I am going through "pet pains" with my raiding alliance and just wanted to confirm with you all if some of these things were true that I had not experienced.  We are new to planes raiding and as such, many of the rumors are abound in Raid Leader eyes.  I am working to change pet perceptions as best I can.

Baat

Coprolith

QuoteAll the unslowed kriegers and what not immediately started beating on my pet, it quickly dropped down to engrage and had just a sliver of health when I moved back into the middle of the 4 mobs. All 4 mobs stopped attacking my pet and started attacking me. Even after engrage wore off, all the mobs still continued to whack away on me.

Ah yes, its all starting to make sense now. The 'mob will attack a PC over a pet if a PC is in melee range' rule overrides the 'low health' rule.

That means only in a situation where multiple mobs are engaged by multiple pets while all the PCs stay out of the melee the mobs will turn on the pet with low health. That situation is not very common and could really only happen in pet groups. It certainly wouldn't happen on a raid.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Tastian

It's been covered, but yeah on raids you'll randomly see "xxx's warder enrages" and it never pulls aggro.  Just like with the BoT example I've stepped in well my pet was at 1% life and the mob just starts attacking me and ignoring my pet.  Like cop said maybe if you had all pets the low health aggro rule would apply, but as it stands now the "won't attack a pet if a PC is in range" rule takes precidence.