Main Menu

Pulling summoner mobs ?

Started by JiulsDread, July 21, 2004, 06:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JiulsDread

Hi

Just a simple question for my elder beastlords : is there a way to efficiently pull a mob that summons ?
Like with a dispell magic for instance ?
Or do you have to find other tricks leading to range aggro or aggro chaining by pulling another mob first ?

Since last patch and the new summoning named dudes in GoD zones, we were wondering how we would now handle this good Watchman Fxi in riwi ?

Thanks for the input,
- Youk TchikyPaw - 65 Beastlord
- Hieronymus Medalot - 65 Magician
- Halnur - 65 Cleric
- Mogaba - 65 Enchanter

Askyn

Slow is your friend.

Generates agro, doesnt do damage. There for ... NO Summons =)

easy as pie.

Urim

Mobs only start to summon when they get below 96 or 97% so as long as you don't do that much damage then you can do anything to pull.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

JiulsDread

Nice

The info we were missing was the 9x % of life before actually starting to gain aggro on a mob.

Thanks for the input,
- Youk TchikyPaw - 65 Beastlord
- Hieronymus Medalot - 65 Magician
- Halnur - 65 Cleric
- Mogaba - 65 Enchanter

Taiglin

Actually I think they summon sometime after 45 damage. Was screwing around in the Hole a while ago and was pulling the constructs with Malaria since they are so MR (slow). Would make it just about to camp and the second DoT tick would hit and I would be summoned. Once I figured out what was going on it became a game to see how close I could make it to camp.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Hereki

Different mobs do different things.  Most mobs seem to start summoning around 96-97%, but others can start earlier.  If a mob has already been damaged but has regened back, it will summon.  That used to make it fun pulling the UP nameds when small guilds would repeatedly wipe on Doomshade/Rumblecrush.

baklum

Cancel magic is your friend when pulling summoning mobs.

Never got summoned once when hunting the constructs in the Hole.

Baklum Chaam
56 Vahshir Animist - Terris-Thule

Chubaka

Quote from: TaiglinWas screwing around in the Hole a while ago .

HA HA HE HE LOL
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Dakat

Can pull with any spell that does not cause damage to said mob.

Slow, Annul Magic, Incapacitate, Flash of Light to name a few.

Just remember not to cause any damage at all to mob until you get to camp and there will be no issue of mob summoning you.

Eatbugs

QuoteSlow, Annul Magic, Incapacitate, Flash of Light to name a few.

I don't recommend pulling with FoL.  It's unpredictable whether the mob will head towards you or away from you initially, since you're not in melee range - and "unpredictable" is not a word you want to associate with pulling.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal