Main Menu

Gunthak Beach

Started by Thrashum Gud, January 04, 2004, 03:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrashum Gud

I cut/paste this from the old board, thanks Nguigmi for sharing this with us.

Just wanted to add this as a great zone for us to exp at, probably from 39 up ( I started at 41). The beach is a great spot because there are no wandering mobs, and most mobs are undead, so they dont run off when low on health. The beach is also nice because at least 2 named monsters spawn there, one of them the Sea Captain, who can drop some decent shoulders for beastlords. For me, this makes it much more exciting than endless basilisk hunting, for example.

The only problem is that you cant really run to the zoneout when in trouble, because it's a long swim. Just be careful not to engage more than 2 mobs at a time.

Mobs on the beach start to go light blue at 43, and most of the beach is light blue by 44. You can then move up into the troll fort area, or the area in front of the castle. Personally, I'm leaving LoY until lvl 49, because the fort is too dangerous and other dark blue areas have those IMPOSSIBLY OVERPOWERED troll shaman mobs!  

Oh, and most mobs in the caves are light blue by 44 as well.

Nguigmi

Hamtarro

Last night I was soloing in Dulak Harbor on that dock to the right of stormwave at level 46 (Dinged 47 there  :P  horray!). Anyways, it was still pretty good exp, not sure how it stacked up to echo caverns because I was tired and not really watching bar til last blue bub. It was however quite doable even without kei / clarity (stupid me died to train when I got there and too lazy to go back to PoK lol). You can try this at 44 too and could probably do it if you wanna do LoY.

BTW ~ First post  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

Hereki

Just expanding on Gunthak a little: the first light blue skeletons turn up at level 40; only a very few higher mobs (mostly nifliks) are still dark blue at 45.

There are three nameds on the beach, all on the undead side: Mokton Bokenskull, middle of three on the east shore; Treasure Hunter Erandil, live mob in the small boat jut south of there; and Sea Captain Azobus, in the long boat at the back of the beach.

Nekokirei

Is it possible to get from Gunthak Beach to the Dulak zl using a "regular" invis, ie Cloudy Potion, or do I need a invis vs undead to get through the Fort area?
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

JillieMT

Regular invis is just fine. :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Dontae

Just want to throw my two cents in here.

I've tried all the placed suggested on these boards (and more) for the low 40 range, and Gunthak Beach is hard to beat.  I'm currently 41 with a 65 Druid in tow, and they are dropping like flies.  Some skele's are LB now, and I'm sure more will go LB at 42, but it is hard to beat the exp/hour I've found here.

So, as a new-to-eq-beastlord-with-a-friends-65-druid-in-tow, I give Gunthak beach a big Barbie stamp of approval.

-Dontae

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1117092">Dontae
Brell Serliss