Main Menu

EP Beastlord drops

Started by Noxdowne Draggout, January 04, 2004, 03:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klav

from my experiences other classes would not understand the idea of giving a beastlord that ring. Yes it would help us heal our pets greatly. But very many dont see the little hybrids that give those small heals that keep up others when the preists are in their CH lines. which really i dont get if a cleric is just CHing all day on a raid where this focus excludes CH /shrug.
"You of all people should understand what I am trying to accomplish here. You too know what it feels like to be cast aside; you've only dealt with the pain a few years-I've dealt with it for a millenia...Seeing you people everyday on this perfect little world He created for you is a constant reminder that my kind came first; your kind was most revered. And while you know forgiveness; we only know regret.

The lesson must be taught. All are accountable."-Bartleby

Razimir

Quote from: Klavfrom my experiences other classes would not understand the idea of giving a beastlord that ring. Yes it would help us heal our pets greatly.
Well... fortunately we have dkp system.  :wink:

Mahes

Ring's nice, yeah.  Mantle from Time is BST usable too and better heal, but unless I'm wrong it's also the top healing focus...so....have to skip it.

DKP is a lovely thing.  Especially if you raid a lot and are always there for your guild.  Unfortunately, DKP is easily abused by a lack of game knowledge and greed.  Every Time clearing I see somthing drop that would be an upgrade and I can easily outbid people on, but since I know we wouldn't be in Time if it was just me always getting upgrades, I pass.  Too many people use DKP and don't realize that by looting ItemX over GuildieY, they hurt the guild more than they help themselves.

I'm not trying to flame any one, just something that came to mind.

Ring's really sweet.

EP wise, I'd say Puresteel Wraps, FRo Tunic, Cloak of Combustion, Wristband of the Rathe, Clawed Earthcrafter's Hoop, Ring of Algae, Moss Encrusted Band, Dumul gloves, feet, arms, maybe 1 bracer.

Some other items look nice, but if you're heading for Time and are fairly certain you'll get your share, I'd skip them.  Zhas for instance is such a marginal upgrade in DPS over a REBB or a good pre-Time h2h combo, that it's not worth the DKP cost.  The FRo Tunic and Cloak of Combustion are great.  Personally I have them, but will be upgrading to Dumuls Chest Wraps and the Cloak with Veng3/Preservation of Xegony.  The Dumuls bracers are good, but don't panic if you're gonna be in Time.  There's 3 decent bracers and the 2 non-Quarm ones have always gone to new members/applicants for us.

I'm rambling, but when you're in a DKP guild it's always about having a plan gear-wise.  That way you don't waste points and you don't loot drops that better benefit others.  If it came down to items I "must have" from EP, I'd say Puresteel, Clawed, and Moss Encrusted.  I know I didn't really mention haste items, but that's just a personal thing.  Got a MM belt and never bothered to look into EP haste.

Good luck to yah.  :)

Noxdowne Draggout

BAAAAAAAM !!

Wristbands of the Rathe are mine baby !

WOOT

Nox

Emmdee

Given the option, what do you guys think. Fennin BP or Time BP?

I'm thinking Fennin BP assuming i can get a Cloak of Combustion for the nuke focus. I also don't hold a hell of a lot of hope in getting a bp pattern for a long while yet.

Any thoughts? What would you guys prefer?

Valsuvious

i would say whatever one that you think will benefit you the most.  Really, if your guild is just like most others.. you will kill Fennin alotof times beforeyou are even able to get to Time.  So, more than likely you will have a much better chance at getting his bp alot faster than you will in time.  Seriously, i would just go with that bp right now and worry about the time one later.  Five months of Time raiding will put most of your guild in bps (well, depending on drops and luck of course, my guild has just about everyone in leather, silk and chain, but still a bit lacking in plate).

I think everyone one of our recruits had silk and leather bps when we were in the elementals even before we got to Time.  

Oh, and Rhaynne.... the Xegony wraps do drop, just not when you are online :)