Main Menu

Pet Shielding

Started by Zatlord, July 27, 2004, 03:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zatlord

Question for you guys.

According to the pet chart my pet should be able to occasionally shield me.  I'm level 42 btw.

I have never seen this happen yet.  Is there an emote/text message that says my pet is shielding me?

From what I understand the pet should be beside/close to me for this ability to work.  In most fights I am soloing and the pet is beside me.  When I group I try to keep the pet behind the mob and beside me (I'm behind the mob as well.)

Am I just missing it, or should I be doing something different?

Thank you.

Doomringer

The only time I have used my warder as a shield is when I am low on health. I do not believe it can be activated, it just happens when you need protecting.
Doomringer Loneclaw
Feral Lord Vah Shir
Firiona Vie
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=925159

Birdienumnum

There is text saying that your pet is shielding you. Same for when the pet stops shielding.
I do not remember offhand when shield is available to the pet. I would guess that this would be at the same level a warrior can shield
Birdienumnum

Bengali

Also, it's not very consistent.  Sometimes my warder will try to shield me when I hit low health, and other times he'll let me die.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dakat

Usually though, below 40% life is when I see the pet /shield me.  I felt that there is also a proximity to this as well.  As having played a warrior when this /shield first came out, if I was to far from the person I was trying to shield, it wouldn't go off.

Now I am not 100% sure how this affects the pet in being close to its master for it to be able to shield you.  Ive seen it shield me when I was standing next to it. Some say they had the pet shield them when the pet was being the mob.  I myself, have never had pet shield me unless it was right next to me. It could just be that I've never been that low for it to.

Xarilok

Since I dinging 58+ (erm, well, my wife's druid dinged 58) and I have been getting CHed, I have seen my warder /shield me quite a few times.  Not sure what the refresh on it is, but I see it happen a few times a night, seemingly a few times an hour, no less.

Rather annoying for the most part, as it nearly always happens at exactly 50% health, which is far far higher than CH would be cast at.  Usually time CH for 40% if Protective spirit is down, 25% if its up, since I can /disc prot if I get a bad round and drop faster than expected.

I usually corner stuff if I can, with my warder next to me, since losing 2 or 3 dps isnt worth the trouble to circle the mob, and cornering keeps the my wife's druid further from the mob, and keeps my warder between the mob and the druid, helping with agro a lot, since I don't generate nearly as much as my warder does.

Also, I think your filter settings my be an issue.  I have pet spam and others-melee go to one window, and its that window that gets the /shielding spam too, so perhaps you have the messages filtered out.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.