Main Menu

Kunark from an Iksar's viewpoint

Started by Lizbet, January 04, 2004, 05:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizbet

I realize that there are other places to hunt that offer better exp. But from the view of an iksar it's really hard to find better hunting than your own back yard.

Level 19 thru 24 I spent in the Swamp of no Hope. There was never anyone else there, I went from island to island and made anywhere from 40 to 60pp a level, which I didn't think was too bad at all.

Level 24 thru 28 I spent in Warsliks Woods and hunted the giant fort. I know alot of people say it is extremely uncommon, my boyfriend says I am just lucky with drops. But in the first 6 hours there I got 3 forest loops. I also got a bunch of the weapons which sell pretty good also. All in all I made between 1200 and 1500pp while I was there.

I went to Marus Seru at Level 28 just to get to 30. I am now at Level 30 and think I will go check out Frontier Mountains.

gohan773

I would like to add that Kurns Tower is a great place to level from 9 to 22.  I got my Iksar Beastlord a Iksar Berserker Club while leveling there.  At 22 I headed to The Giant Fort in Warsliks Woods, very nice spot with decent drops and great exp, but I grew tired due to over crowding and forest loops not dropping.  I have now moved onto LDoN adventures and Nedaria's Landing.

katahn

I've tried hunting in Kurns and while the xp is good its become very populated on Saryrn.  People are discovering, and word is spreading, that the mobs are easier than PC, and give better cash for equivilent xp and more spots to camp than the bandit camps (assuming you want cash as you level that is, fiends are possible, just won't make you much.)

I'm debating about hitting the swamp based on prior posts, the giant fort in WW is on my mind, but not until I have the level 22 warder in my pocket ready to go ;)  Level 17 now.  I never really explored Kunark much on Stromm, so I'm not familiar with good solo spots, especially ones to help offset the iksar race xp penalty.  Luclin I could probably explore, but all I know for sure is Paludal, not sure about mob level range in Hollowshade or Shadeweavers
Zarros Livinglight, 65 high elven arcon
Zanros Farwanderer, 65 iksar feral lord
-= Saryrn Server, Avante Guarde guild =-

Hereki

Shadeweavers is good up to about 10-12.  You can do higher on the far side, but the mixed level of aggro mobs can make that hard, and I never tried it.

Hollowshade I wouldn't touch below 15, and would be ok up to about 30-35.  The caves are tough solo even at 45, but the big problem is that Hollowshade gives almost zero experience for some very tough mobs.

LOIO could be good from 15-22 by the windmill, then at the fort/goblin tunnels to 30.  For Warsliks, start at the fort from 22, but it will blue out before 30.  The brutes outside Dalnir should be good from when giants turn light blue into low 30s.  Then you could take a look in Dalnir, for most of the 30s.

Don't forget the Overthere for 15-22, then 30-45.

My preference in Kunark would be FoB to 9, Kurns to 18 or so, possibly LOIO to 22, then WW followed by Dalnir.  I'd like to work CoM into the scheme later on, and avoid FM/OT/DL.

Taiglin

Lizbet,

I have leveled up a two toons specifically who spent the majority of their 20s in WW at the giant fort. I only looted 1 fruit loop and heard of 3 others dropping from there during that time. That you looted 3 in a short time seems crazy to me. Not that I am doubting you at all. Just saying a big grats and hope you went out and bought a loto ticket LOL.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

tazz88

woot first post :P

my ogre beasty is level 18 right now, could he/should he leave paludal and go to swamp of no hope? is it better/equal xp to paludal?  the loot is for sure better than paludal lol I made about 60pp in 5 levels in there.  :lol:

thanks in advance for your replies

Oneiromancer

From various accounts I believe the experience modifier in LOIO is actually negative.  Huge difference between that and the insanely high experience modifier in Paludal.  Of course, it is all tempered by how fast you can kill the mobs.  If you can mow through mobs in LOIO twice as fast as Paludal, then you'll get more or comparable experience.  I'd be pretty amazed if you could do that, however.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

tazz88

sorry, but what is LOIO? i'm talking about swamp of no hope lol which i'm guessing is SoNH :P

Oneiromancer

Sonuva....

Yeah, sorry, LOIO is Lake of Ill Omen.  From what I read, used to be the hot spot when Kunark was new, until it got nerfed by the negative experience points modifier.

As far as I know, the Swamp of No Hope has no negative experience modifier, but I'm sure it's not very positive either.  For pure experience, Paludal is better.  For an actual enjoyable gaming session, it depends on what you find enjoyable.  :P

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

katahn

Around 18/19 the Swamp hasn't struck me as a good hunting zone.  Either that or perhaps I was looking in the wrong spots.  Dark blue or white mobs were scarce, with green and kick-your-butt red far more abundant.  Cash isn't bad, but to be honest the north side of the Overthere has a better quantity of good xp-mobs and they seem to be a bit more cash rich.  Advantage for trolls and ogres is that you can bank in the same zone, as an iksar I can sell to the NPC by the mudpit, but banking means losing my warder, the same would be true for Vah Shir and Barbarians.  

The Overthere should be able to carry you through about level 22 or so, which means a new pet and buffs.  Starting at 22, the giant fort in Warslik Woods becomes doable, variable depending on gear of course in how much downtime you will have.  The random chance for Forest Loop drops (they seem insanely rare) that sell very well (and heck, can be worn by non-twinks) are also a plus.
Zarros Livinglight, 65 high elven arcon
Zanros Farwanderer, 65 iksar feral lord
-= Saryrn Server, Avante Guarde guild =-