Main Menu

Pet affinity + Group shrink = teh suck.

Started by Deiadrox, July 29, 2004, 10:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deiadrox

The new shrink=grow on tinied pets combined with group shrink and pet affinity is amazingly quite annoying.  I raid a lot.  If I have a shaman in my group I have to cast tiny companinion all the time b/c the shamans are group shrinking and my pet grows =(
Lets fix this imo!

Dummkopf

Hmm, didnt have that so far but i can imagine the pain, shame there is only one tiny companion clicker in the game to my knowledge thats usable for us. Too bad its kinda rare.

Rarrum

This was really getting on my nerves the other day too.  One of the people in our group (monk puller) died every so often.  So soon as they were rezzed shaman used group shrink... poof my pet grows and gets in my way again!  This happened at least 12 times that day alone.

I use the GoD augment for pet focus instead of SoAS, so I have to manually mem that annoying tiny companion spell every time (wish my normal clicky shrink boots would work fully on pet).

Liga

There is another TC clicker in the game that is bst usable... but its in Tacvi.  Some earring with Minion of Discord and TC.

Rakarr

I can imagine how annoying this must get. I actually like the fact that Shrink just brings my pet to a mid-size, and in fact in experience groups I just use Shrink in preference to tiny companion all the time. It's a manageable size, no one complains and I like the look. Means that I'm not stuck with "tank" or "kitten" but I can have something reasonable between the extremes :) This was one thing I was really happy to see with the pet changes. On raids of course I still use tiny companion.

Personally I wouldn't like to see a change in the size that shrink takes the warder to from its unshrunk state. However, I do think >>making shrink not overwrite max shrunk tiny companion warders<< would be a great idea and would prevent the annoyance mentioned :) Perhaps they could be flagged as "already shrunk" after tiny companion has been cast on them? Still gives us the option of a decent size shrunk pet when we want it but doesn't overwrite tiny companion.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=973008" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rakarr
67 Beastlord
Drinal

Bengali

An annoying issue, yes.   My current workaround is to ask the shrinkers not to cast group shrink, and I tell them that I'll take care of any newly rezzed people who need shrinking.  Then I just use my clicky velious boots when people need to be shrunk.

I use my shrink boots as a "poor man's grow" for my warder when it is too small, so I'm not sure I'd really like the idea of tiny companion never being overwritten by the regular shrink spells, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to code it so that the group spell didn't overwrite it but the regular one did.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cirth

I agree on that it's really quite anoying !
If they could make something like the Sv/bss/cop with the shrink/tiny it would be great :) (but since there are no icon i dont know if it's possible)
Elder Cirth - 66  BeastLord - Sebilis - Amethyst Guild.

Rakarr

Quote from: BengaliI use my shrink boots as a "poor man's grow" for my warder when it is too small, so I'm not sure I'd really like the idea of tiny companion never being overwritten by the regular shrink spells, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to code it so that the group spell didn't overwrite it but the regular one did.

That's a good point actually. I do find myself using shrink for exactly the same reason to grow pet to that size, so I'd have to agree with that sentiment too! Sounds fiddly
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=973008" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rakarr
67 Beastlord
Drinal