Main Menu

Ogguk

Started by Thrashum Gud, January 04, 2004, 06:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrashum Gud

This is cut/paste.  Thanks Akanya, it's an awesome guide to fattie hunting.  As a troll I hate ogres nearly as much as I do frogs so I'll be paying the Bouncers a visit in the very near future.

Ive just finished levelling in Ogguk, and wanted to share what an amazing place this is. Not only for the exp, but for some nice pocket change as well. The names may be a little off as im doing it all by memory, so forgive me if so.

It is important to note that NO merchant, or quest mob is KoS, except Exterminater Glurg (Who should be avoided at all costs). As well, Shaman/Beastlord guildmasters werent KoS to me (iksar), however the SK/Warrior guildmasters were (but not a problem)

Start by summoning pet/buffing at zone in. Move in and you'll get to the first building in the zone. Right away you'll see Bouncer Bak (You'll be only killing Bouncers in zone). Bouncer Thrang wanders around here, so watch out for him. Pull Bouncer Bak back and take him solo.

Next it may be wise to wait around for Bouncer Thrang to appear. If not, enter the structure and pull Bouncer Tezek who is next to the Fletching Vendor (who is dubious and non-social).

By now Bouncer Thrang should be dead, and you can pull the top two ogres from the structure. I pulled with Flash Of Light, so id get 15 seconds alone with one of them. (ogres here have nasty resists btw, so be ready for it) Taking two at once isnt easy, or wasnt for me, even though i have a CoF and Fungi stick (but some other slots are real crap, so meh)

Once these are all dead, move up, but hug right past Exterminater Glurg. He wont aggro if you hug the wall.

You'll make your way over a small hill and there will be huts on your right, and caves on your left. There are 3 wanderers in this area. Bouncer Xak, Bouncer Scaar, and Bouncer M. (cant remember exact name). They wander all around (Bouncer Thrang will wander back here too). Try and take out Bouncer Xak asap as he paths in the most inopportune places.

Entering the third cave on the left, you will immediately find Bouncer Raan (one of them, there's two in zone). Dispatch him, and then move up the stairs, go straight up across the landing, and up the ramp and you should find yourself in the shaman guild. These vendors wont sell to you, however, if you go around the corner and then straight at the 6way, you'll be in the bst guild. The Guildmaster wont talk to you, but the vendors will.

At this point you've prolly figured out that the 1-2 pieces of Fine Steel that each ogre drops equalls some hella nice plat. As well, you should hang onto a "Crude Stien" that drops off a lot of ogres that is 15 char, for selling. With 65 charisma i noticed that Topaz's sold for exactly 4pp to the vendor, and you could buy them back for 6.4pp. So i bought topaz's from the vendor and sold back to exchange the massive amounts of excess gp i attained for pp at just less than a 2/3 ratio. (you use up all your gp when buying items from vendors before you use pp)

Moving on, from the base of the caves, you'll eventually find two guards at the entrance to a cave on the right. After dispatching them, take a left and keep going as straight as possible until you get to a cliff overlooking the warrior guild. Taking a left here, and walking around the cliff until you find a door in the wall will find you the bank (which you cant use). However, opening the door and standing there for a second will attract the attention of Bouncer Wrok (but not the banker), who you can pull out and dispatch. (NOTE: Do NOT kill any merchants or the banker, because these mobs lower your Merchants of Ogguk faction, and once they're KoS to you, you cant hunt here).

Right next to the bank is another passage. At the end of this short passage is a door, and through the door is the brewing merchants. Amoung the brewing merchants, there is a static Bouncer. As well Bouncer Praag wanders around here, and if you havnet found him yet, you can find him easily before heading back out.

OF NOTE: Some bouncers are 15 min spawns, some are 2 min spawns. Bouncer Raan is a 2 min spawn, as well as the 2 guards at the arch where the bank cave is.

At level 46 you can split most 2's, but half the mobs are now LB, and i left even though exp was easy.

Liandra

I know this was an old post but I just wanted to add in that as a Barbarian Beastlord I can sell at one of the vendors in the area between 14 and 15 on the eqatlas map  

This is the only one I have found in the zone that doesn't tell me where to go.
Katriona
Lvl 49 Beastlady of Halas
Member of the  Wandering Wolves on Venril Sathir

Taiglin

Shammy guild will sell to you as well. Think is area #1.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Pondain

Be very careful using FoL on the two bouncers at the top of the first tower on the left.  If you're in just slightly the wrong place, he can bring his friend Exterminator Glurg when he comes back.  Happened to me a couple times, still not sure quite where the difference is between a safe FoL and a heap of trouble.  Also note one of the two up there is an archer... think the name is Haraan- he can screw up your pet placement if you're not careful.

There is a saving grace though... all of the bouncers in the zone (yes, including this pair and the pair in the cave opening by Kizrak) are single pullable.  If they can't see you and their buddy doesn't appear to be hurt, they just keep right on standing there.  (thus the confusion over why Glurg sometimes shows up on FoL pulling the first set)  The niches where you can single pull are small, but they are there...

Came here at 44, didn't discover the single pull spots 'til late 45-early 46.  (don't think it was level based since the placement worked even when both guards were dark blue)  Stayed 'til midway through 47, although xp was stil moving pretty quick due to kill rate.
Karaltayn Darkmane, cat of war
Pondain Steelforge, sugar daddy
alive and kicking on ErollisiMarr

JillieMT

Quote from: TaiglinShammy guild will sell to you as well. Think is area #1.

Ah, I seem to remember the shammy guildmaster killing me quickly when I tried this... I could of course be wrong, it was at least a year ago.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Liandra

Depends on your race i guess.  Barbarians are KOS at the shammy guild.  I found out the hard way  :P
Katriona
Lvl 49 Beastlady of Halas
Member of the  Wandering Wolves on Venril Sathir

Ogee

All i have to say is FU all ! :evil:

JillieMT

/hug ogee  :P

You are certainly free to go smack us around in Halas!
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Jinais

I am currently struggling through the dreaded lvl 48 and have found the exp ok camping the bouncers, some are still dark blue. Its an easy camp with a zone close to hand should you end up pulling the hard hitting exterminator by mistake.
If you have sneak you can sell to the merchant near the zone line.
Beastlord Vah Shir - Terris Thule

Mindov

hello all, i was just wondering if this is still doable now?  im 45th, with above average gear (~1800hps, and ~950AC), and im a soloist (no PLing.)  this sounds fun, but i heard a few days ago that someone tried it, and thought it was too difficult.  any help would be wonderful thanks.

Mindov Ermatter
45 beastlord
Firiona Vie

dainfrol

I know this is an old post, but I just want to reaffirm that this is still a good zone to come to solo.  For the first little while I was there, I went back to PoK whenever I was reaching my weight limit untill I found the BL guild (just south of area #3 on the map posted above).  Now I don't know if everyone is able to sell there, but I also bought my 46 spells from them as an Iksar.  Take care all and good hunting.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)