Main Menu

boxing a bst as range dps.

Started by strongbus, December 12, 2015, 10:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strongbus

looking for some hot key advice for boxing a bst as a range fighter only. 

I box a necro(main) with a mage and bst.  Love having 3 uber pets to tank stuff.

atm I have 3 hotkeys setup on my bst for dps.  all three are a combo of ice dd and aas/disc that effect the pet.

But i am looking for any advice for maxing out range dps for a bst(ya I know it won't be as much as if i got him in melee range but wana do as much as I can.

Alelo

Why keep him at range?

These are the last patch notes:

- Adjusted how NPCs choose a melee target in relation to player pets:
- - It is now possible for a pet to be the target of an NPC's melee attacks if it has the highest aggro with other players in range.
- - This behavior can be adjusted on a per NPC basis and will currently be disabled for all current and previous raid difficulty NPCs.
- - It is additionally possible for some NPCs to ignore the hatred generated by pets and instead attribute a portion of that hatred toward the owner. This behavior will be in play on raid targets on progression servers.

Zorthaz

Here is what I would do: 1) you need to get something for the BST to throw.  The best item I can think of is the belt of Mysterious Daggers that drops in t4 VOA zones.  I have had terrible luck getting that to drop, so the next best item I have found drops in UF zone Foundation off "a red gold golem".  Not as nice but drops more often.

2) if you are only going to use him for range attack, then you need to get sympathetic dmg procs for him.  You can get these from the UF vendor.  I would put 2 in the Epic and one in a shield or weapon in the off hand.  There is even a lifetap version.  I would put a shield on the BST.  If the brown matter hits the rotation device you will want more of a chance to get FD off.

With his bags full of throwing items I would use the following hot keys:
KEY1:
/pause 5, /assist
/pause 5, /pet attack
/pause 5, /disc Bestial Evulsing
/pause 5, /alt activate (AA deaggro DOT for the DPS)
/cast # (Dichromatic Fury)

KEY2:
/pause 5, /autofire
/pause 15, /cast # (Visoracius' Maelstrom)
/pause 15, /cast # (Frozen Miasma)
/pause 15, /cast # (Kromtus Lance)
/cast # (Krenk's Feralgia)

You could always skip the throwing and add in another nuke.  Another option without the throwing could look like this:
KEY1:
/pause 5, /assist
/pause 5, /pet attack
/pause 5, /disc Bestial Evulsing
/pause 5, /alt activate (AA deaggro DOT for the DPS)
/cast #  (Krenk's Feralgia)

KEY2:
/pause 45, /cast # (Dichromatic Fury)
/pause 15, /cast # (Visoracius' Maelstrom)
/pause 15, /cast # (Frozen Miasma)
/pause 15, /cast #  (Kreig's Bite)
/cast # (Kromtus Lance)

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare