Main Menu

2-boxing Qs

Started by Tigrah, January 20, 2016, 06:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

I was playing around with my Druid again this last week.  I got him to level 102 doing the Broken Mirror partisan tasks.  The pet aggro thing after the last de-tune really makes it tough to debuff and DPS on the Druid.  I got him killed multiple times.  One thing that seemed to help the pet with aggo was having the druid cast "Reptile" on the pet.  Since the proc was random, so were the results.

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Khauruk

Do you use the defensive spell on the pet that boosts agro?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zorthaz

Yes, I use the defensive buff that boosts aggro, taunt is on, hobble is on, withering bite is on, epic is on and still I have to be careful about aggro.  Slowing down DPS drives me crazy, but thats what I have to do.  The tank merc holds aggro better then a pet.
-Z-

Khauruk

Wow, it's worse than I expected.

It won't do much, but using Spirit of Visoracius will provide a bit more hate.  Yeah, it has that hate reduction line, 1283 + 400 - 700 = 983 hate per proc.  Possibly more, since the stun may give more than 400 hate (I forget if we know the proper value, but stuns are minimum 400 hate).  You don't get much benefit from the Withering either.

Man, that's so many procs between the different things on the pet, it's crazy that it doesn't help.

I assume you also have your agro control AAs maxed and in use?

The only other thing is that I'd do the old-school monkey pre-emptive flops occasionally for yourself on the bst.  Keep the druid far enough away if possible so that the mob won't be able to get far enough before pet regains agro.

Have you tested how many times that hate swords will proc per minute?  I can't see it being enough, but I have no idea.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zorthaz

I can always flop to dump aggro, but I can tank these mobs.  The Druid on the other hand, the mobs are red cons so he can't use veil of the underbrush to fade off aggro.  I was running 2 cleric mercs at the time and had to heal the druid for a few minutes before the pet would regain aggro.  Tank merc does work fine on trash, but for named mobs I have to drop the tank merc and load up a second cleric merc.

Now I said named....that named mob Vomitous was able to instantly kill my pet with 2 cleric mercs and the druid healing my pet.  He smoked a fully buffed primary pet and then smoked the backup pet in 30 seconds flat.  I could not figure it out.
-Z-