Main Menu

First day back with new espansion - nothing works

Started by bobokatt1970, January 09, 2012, 08:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobokatt1970

Hi folks.  So purchased and updated with new expansion.  For the life of me NOTHING other than default UI works. I mean I can't even make a direct copy of default (like I have done for years), and then change ONE file, which I got from EQinterface from a UI that was made/modified for the new expansion.  What gives? Is there a setting I need to change? I mean nada and i dont get an error, it simply always stays on the default. 

With all the changes I can live with the default UI but the only thing I need to change is the player info box which by default just shows HP/MANA/END vertically in % setting. For as far as I remember I have been using a moded one that shows a bit more info and it has always worked.

I mean if I try and download a compete new set again updated to the new expansion again reverts back to default.
sigh

Khauruk

Welcome back!

Weird.  Sorry I can't help, but have you posted on eqinterface forums?

I know I'm using  a fairly lightly modified UI, but it certainly isn't default.  And plenty in my guild aren't having troubles.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bobokatt1970

Will do just that -- post in eqinterface.  Duh me. Really weird.  I originally thought it was because I have practically had the same install of EQ for like 8 years and just keep modifying it.  I went so far as to completely install fresh from online (like 8 GB later), and same strange behaviour.  Starting to think it might be something else.
Anyhow, thank you for your quick reply, very kind of you.

Khauruk

Oh, one question.  The folder with your UI mods in it - what's that named?  If you have a space in the name, iirc, it won't work.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bobokatt1970

Absolute genius.  I swear in the last 8 years or more I have collected over 20 different UI's and many had spaces in them.  I grabbed the one I was hoping to use, and deleted the space between the 2 names and BANG... works.  You are the best.  Thank you so much for your help - worked perfectly.
Cheers.