Main Menu

Ever want to kick a dummy???

Started by Zorthaz, March 09, 2016, 04:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

Boredom strikes again!!!  I was testing out some weapon combos and was parsing the results and I began to wonder what the individual parts of our DPS were worth.  I started off testing "kick".  I stood in front of a combat dummy punching "kick" every time it came up.  This was under full burn with all discs and AA already running, so the absolute best case.  I also configure my boots to have the highest AC possible with group gear.

I ran a 5 minute parse, and out of the gate I got a bunch of crits and was over 500 DPS.  By then end of the 5 minutes the numbers had settle down to around 350 DPS.

Why would I go to all this trouble?  I already have 2 keys that I mash constantly.  Does it make sense to take kick out and add in something else like a clicky proc instead?  I hope to find out.

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Khauruk

I don't really know what you would be using to replace it with.  Let me know what you try...now that I'm playing my bst again a bit I'm curious.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zorthaz

I need to test under non-burn circumstances to get a base line number for kick.

Necromantic Dragon Bone does 22,511 dmg every 180 seconds = 125DPS.  It also returns just over 10K health.  I haven't checked to see if the dmg can crit or the healing portion can crit.

-Z-

Illiyana

Must...press...kick...

I have my kick tied to a hot button with an AA right now (I forget which) so I don't pay close attention, but if there is something better I would not mind changing, as long as I get to button mash :P

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

mirraa

Z--this is kind a peripheral question but do you have your set-up posted somewhere on here, or are you willing to share your set up? I'd love to chat with you sometime.

Zorthaz

What setup did you want to know more about?

-Z-