Main Menu

Are you finished with the progression in TBM?

Started by Zorthaz, March 30, 2016, 06:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

What are you doing to keep yourself entertained in EQ while you wait for the next expansion?

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Khauruk

I have not started progression in TBM!  I haven't even bought it yet.

As of recently, though, my beastlord hit level 100, though!
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Illiyana

My group and I are stuck in TBM progression.  We cannot complete the Hero Achievements in most of the zones.  Missions like "Gummus!" in PoHealth, "Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay" in DPoDecay, "Grannus of the Cleansing Steam" in CoD, and "The Head of the Snake" in CoS.  We assume there are tricks to complete them, but we have yet to figure them out.

In the mean time we have been playing alts.  We have not bothered with the 17th anniversary mission, because it just allows you to gain access to a raid mission. Since we are no longer raiders for various reasons, it is not worth our time.
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zunar

All done with TBM expansion/achievements (including farmed all slot 5 augs) except for collectibles...I guess I'll get those next.
I also just finished the Alaran tear, which I had on backburner for years :)
Before that I finished Brell's 3.0 aug.
Got those zone gems like IvU clicky from Vex Thal, DA clicky, snare/root clickies from beza/zeka, anniversary stuff like diplomatic papers and other various clickies?
There's those 30 purity augs from TDS brother island nameds, ugh..I didn't bother with those yet.

mirraa

I've been going back to work on my Hero's AA (Vitality, Resolution, Fortitude) since I skipped over most of that when I was just trying to get through TDS progression. Camping TBM nameds for augs (there are a couple of decent dex ones like Speed of Darkness). Anni aug quests/events.

Zorthaz

1) GRATS Khauruk on 100!!!

2) Spoiler alert for TBM tasks...

Cleansing steam is a pure DPS check.  If you no not kill him fast enough he basically becomes unkillable.  Don't waste spots on healer mercs, swap in wizard mercs on burn.  Bards are a big help on this one.  I have beaten this task with Pal, Bst, Bst, Brd, Mag, wiz merc and Mag, Mag, Bst, Brd, Bst, wiz merc.  If you can't kill the named in 60 seconds drop the task and get it again.  Hint: all the adds de-pop when you kill the named, so stay focused on the named.

Grummus in PoHealth can be done with a bard or monk pulling.  The trick is to use the boulders and line of sight to split up the mobs.  If you loose aggro for a couple of minutes on the mobs it resets and you have to start over.  This is not a bad thing as this gives you the opportunity to load up on the clicky things you need to be able to damage Grummus.

Head of the Snake is another DPS check.  The trick is to bring a tank who kites all the adds while you burn the named.

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Illiyana

Thanks for the advice Zorthaz, we will have to give that a try.

~Illiyana Wolfmother~