Main Menu

Mana Conservation

Started by Xaukrax, April 06, 2016, 12:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaukrax

Hey there.

I'm Xaukrax, a 105 BST on Cazic Thule.

I'm not massively clued up on raid DPS technique, but what I do try makes me run out of mana rather quickly. I've found the main culprits to be Dichotomic Fury and the DoTs... just wondering what people's strategies are?

Thanks for any advice given.

-Xau

Khauruk

You can't just chain cast everything.  Hold back on the DoTs unless you have mana, or use them only on Gift of Mana procs.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Hiero

If you have a bard in your group that knows what he is doing, you should not run out of mana. I do not use DoT's but I do chain cast 5 DD's.

mirraa

Dots take up a lot of mana and hike up agro which ups the chances of the raid mob making you high priority on the smash list between tank rotations or if the tank were to go down without a back up in place. It's great to do substantial damage but the agro from nukes vs. dots are wildly different. I have a tendency to just spam nukes instead of dots (only using them occasionally when all my nukes are timed out)--which runs down my mana pretty fast if I'm casting nukes, dicho, and growl of the leopard. Just one girl's opinion.

Zorthaz

Just a quick note on DoTs, You can recast them long before the actual DoT fades and if you SPAM them I will guarantee you will run out of mana...FAST!

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Orbus

Fury is like 9k mana, so that will certainly suck it down if you are spamming it