Main Menu

Bored again... looking at off hand dmg augs

Started by Zorthaz, May 19, 2016, 03:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

I was testing straight dmg augs versus dmg augs with a proc in the off hand.  The test dummy is light blue so the number should be considered best case.  I tested with a non dmg item in primary to isolate the off hand dmg.

The weapon is 146/18 with Vampiric Strike IX including 11 dmg aug and I used the same weapon with a 600 dd proc and 8 dmg which resulted in a 143/18 ratio.

Auto attack numbers with 217% haste and 5443 Atk:

DMG Aug: Crush 4193.3   DirDmg 235.2   Total 4428.5
Proc Aug:  Crush 4056.5   DirDmg 333      Total 4389.4

Auto attack with Bloodlust running (217% haste and 5443 Atk)

DMG Aug: Crush 4114.8   DirDmg 2552.6   Total 6667.4
Proc Aug:  Crush 3621.5   DirDmg 5201.8   Total 8823.3

Under normal conditions it is pretty close in total damage.  There tends to be more variance in the damage when using a proc aug.  Bloodlust changes the entire picture and the proc aug pulls ahead.

So, what does it look like under full burn? Please remember these numbers were generated against a light blue dummy (Dena).  This is with full burn self buffs ( BA, RF, SF, SR, FS, BL) with only the off hand and no outside support, no glyphs, and no 7th.  This is with only auto attack only, no casting.

DMG Aug: Crush 28190.7    DirDmg 3528.3   Total 32063.3
Proc Aug:  Crush 28535.7    DirDmg 6762.4   Total 34953.2

Based on the numbers above, I decided to stick with the proc aug for the time being.
-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Zunar

I see alot of bst magelos around using pure damage augs...
Damage + proc augs are the clear dps winners in any situation.

Zorthaz

Especially if you raid and mana burn is involved.

-Z-

Illiyana

Since Fists of the Stranger are not Lore, what if you carried ones with straight damage augs for normal combat, and another set with proc augs, then just before Bloodlust or full burn, you Bandolier to the proc ones.  Then afterwards, you Bandolier back.
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

You can do that...especially for mobs that are extremely resistant.  I just run quad procs on my DPS set and I have a set of weapons with quad lifetap procs.  I use the quad lifetap procs and bloodlust when I need to tank named mob or when I am in a raid and have to jump into battle after a rez.  The extra healing helps when I am clicking consumption of spirit and mod rods to get mana up.  I usually click my FPoS, Blooddrinkers Coating and Necro Dragon bone to help regen health.

-Z-