Main Menu

I made a Beastlord on Quarm

Started by Illiyana, July 18, 2016, 09:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illiyana

Anyone else?  I have seen several Beastlords running around.  How has it been for you?  I have just been grinding out levels, but it sucks not having any money to buy spells.

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

I also made a beastlord on Quarm.  I work on him when I am not raiding.  He dinged 56 yesterday.  Ancient EQ secret: there is a city were you can go and kill the guards and the guards drop up to 25pp.  You will want to stick to the light blue guards if you are solo.  NOTE: the guards there have a HUGE aggro radius for other mobs on their faction.  My beastlord on Quarm is running with two mages and I box a druid.  With that group we can make 200-300pp for each group member in a couple hour session.  The exp is pretty good as well.  Faction...Iksar don't need no stinking faction.  Can you guess which city?

-Z-

PS  We are running LDON Tak missions to get points for a pet focus aug.  Coin is OK, exp is good, but without a real puller it can be dangerous.  With 2x mages and a beastlord we have enough pets and bst tanks to handle 4-5 mobs.

PSS Forgotten Halls is a waste of time as far as experience goes.
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Illiyana

Halflings make a satisfying "waa" sound when you hit them.  :evil:
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

There are haflings to kill in this city, but there are also barbarians, humans, elfs, and dwarves.  None of them are on their home cities' faction.  I was completely amazed to find the zone completely empty of players when we went there.  By now you have figured out that this is not any starting city for any of the playable races in EQ. 

What times are you playing on Quarm?

-Z-

Illiyana

I usually login around 11:30pm Mountain.  I am playing a Barbie named Jarkeld, and currently 58.  It has been fun revisiting old school zones to level the old fashioned way.  So far, we have done grinding in Veksar, Sebilis, and Droga. One of my friends got a Shared Adventure III, so we have not wanted to waste it running from LDoN to LDoN.   
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

/claim  is your friend.  You should be able to claim 2 Shared Adventure III potions.  You can hit the EQ market place and get a complimentary adventure potion for free.  Also don't forget to /veteran to get your vet AA on your toon.  What classes did your friends play?  It might be nice to be able to combine or mix and match folks to get through the MPG trials.  Hopefully one of your friends is playing a cleric ;-)

-Z-

Illiyana

Our group consists of Me, a Druid, a Necro, and a 3 boxer playing a Necro, a Mage, and a Cleric.  I end up being the tank, too bad my taunt stinks.
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

You should have your pet taunt and heal your pet.  If you need aggro use incapacitate.  BTW I dinged 57 yesterday.  We also recruited another freind who is playing a Paladin.  He dinged 52 last night.  Do you know how long we have to complete the MPG trials?  Is it only a few months?

-Z-

Illiyana

We do have my pet and an earth pet taunting but when we get adds or large pulls, the pets aren't the best at it, so I run around slowing and nuking.

Quarm will only be up for 3 months, then they move the toons to a different server, to perhaps do another similar event.
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zunar

I'm running around with a 58 bst myself.
Got alot of the exp in grieg's end.
Pet is weaker tank than self tbh but we got good pet heals..or let it regen out of combat between pulls when soloing (saves mana).
Kei helps alot and remember to get the loy spell from gulf of gunthak :)

Zorthaz

Are you doing GE solo or do you have a group you are running with?  I agree the 54/56/58 pets don't tank the best, but with full BST and DRU buffs they do ok.  Getting a dmg shield on the pet really ups their DPS since they get hit so much ;-)

-Z-

Illiyana

We tried Noble's Causeway last night and it was a bit tough for 58/59 level toons.  We could kill them if solo but I think the effort vs. reward was too low.  It took us quite a  bit of time to kill the mobs, while if we would have kept to easier mobs we would have killed them faster and more often, increasing our xp over time.   
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zunar

Quote from: Zorthaz on July 22, 2016, 01:09:22 PM
Are you doing GE solo or do you have a group you are running with?  I agree the 54/56/58 pets don't tank the best, but with full BST and DRU buffs they do ok.  Getting a dmg shield on the pet really ups their DPS since they get hit so much ;-)

-Z-
Mostly grouped but can manage solo too with kei and clr buff.

Illiyana

What is a good range-slot item for Beastlords in this era?  I went and got the Goranga Idol just to have something in the slot,but there must be something better.
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

There was a 30 AC range that dropped from a named in Velks.  I gave it to the Paladin since he tanks.  My BST dinged 62 over the weekend and mu DRU dinged 63.  I stopped and got AAs for Hobble and Paragon.  Have you noticed the spell vendors only have spells up to 65?  Now we are going to have to start farming runes for 65+ spells.

We do have access to tribute so I have Aura o Clarity 5 and Eyes of the Hunter running.  Mana is a real issue in long grinds with 2 casters.  We have recruited a bard and hope to add a necro to our guild.  Exp seems to really slow down post 60.

-Z-